CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Frustrated and sad! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2301836-frustrated-and-sad.html)

miami08VETTE 04-13-2009 04:34 PM

Frustrated and sad!

Took the vette in for the creaking roof fix and a defective cruise control system. Based on the origina diagnostics the entire job was to take no more than 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours. Well 9 hours later my vette is still in the shop and the lower dash panels are all off with a maze of wiring hanging out everywhere. Turns out the module and switch they suspected was not the issue. Instead they have found that voltage is not getting to the system. The tech has spent hours now trying to isolate the faulty wire and/or harness.

It is very concerning when you see the car taken apart like that. You begin to imagine everything that will now go wrong after the repair. Endless squeeks and rattle from below and behind the panels comes to mind as well as what else may no fail because it was messed with or improperly re-assembled.

I know its just paranoia and all should be well in the end, I hope, but one cannot help but to wonder and worry.

On the bright side they gave me a loaner to use. The ZR1 I am riding in right now is sweet! NOT!

The gave me a Cobalt sh*t box. I can really understand why GM is loosing their asses to the foreign manufacturers in the small econo car space. This thing is the cheapest, crappiest thing I have ever seen or riden in. IMHO.

Weel at least I have a loaner, right? Toyota and Nissan, etc don't do that so I shouldn't complain.

Well hopefully I will get a call soon that my car is ready.

Ames 04-13-2009 04:37 PM

I've always thought the same thing about creating noises by taking too much apart.

Tough to judge a car when it's a loaner or rental that gets beat up. My cousin has a Cobalt and for the money it's a good car.

Daytona Bob 04-13-2009 04:42 PM

uhm... your in Miami... are you sure its a real dealer and there not just a chop shop?

danl72 04-13-2009 04:50 PM

It will all work out.

Red Rochester 04-13-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by danl72 (Post 1569689462)
It will all work out.

:thumbs: All will be better we will get through this one way or another

djfullshred 04-13-2009 05:26 PM

The Toyota dealer near me does provide a loaner car on the 30,000 mile services. The car they loaned me, a Yaris, makes the Cobalt look like a Cadillac. I was fearing for my life driving that thing in traffic. :lol:

niteriderc5 04-13-2009 05:29 PM

You in a CORVETTE MAN! You should have requested at minimum a new Malibu - Cobalt is a nice car when fitted in SS trim but base cars are well...very basic

holdin5aces 04-13-2009 05:30 PM

lucky f**k

On the bright side they gave me a loaner to use. The ZR1 I am riding in right now is sweet! NOT!

The gave me a Cobalt sh*t box. I can really understand why GM is loosing their asses to the foreign manufacturers in the small econo car space. This thing is the cheapest, crappiest thing I have ever seen or riden in. IMHO.

Weel at least I have a loaner, right? Toyota and Nissan, etc don't do that so I shouldn't complain.

We got a twice used Neon. Used and used up.

Rogers 07 04-13-2009 05:35 PM

Well, at least it looks like they are making an honest attempt to fix the problem corectly, Wiring issues can be really difficult to trace when the cause of the problem is not obvious like a broken wire or a burnt contact. I have to disagree about the Cobalt though, sure the base model is very lean on features but that does not make it bad, that just makes it low priced. JMHO. Good luck with the repairs !!!!

dvilin 04-13-2009 07:05 PM

Nothing I can add except good luck!

VettedCandidate 04-13-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE (Post 1569689273)

Wrong...I've gotten a loaner every time I get any work done at my Toyota dealer. So does my daughter and it's a different Toyota dealer. These dealers also both happen to be GM dealers too.

Wayne O 04-13-2009 08:37 PM

I take it you're not used to working on cars...things get taken apart and put back together again. That's how it works. Quite often, things don't go as you initially plan. It's no big deal...you are being paranoid. Be pleased with their diligence…they’re trying to fix the problem.

Good Lord, GM gives you a loaner car to use and all you do is complain about it. A BMW or even a Corvette its not but for what it is I don't think a Cobalt is all that bad. If the Cobalt is that distasteful to you...take it back!

drivinfast 04-13-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1569692470)
I take it you're not used to working on cars...things get taken apart and put back together again. That's how it works. Quite often, things don't go as you initially plan. It's no big deal...you are being paranoid. Be pleased with their diligence…they’re trying to fix the problem.

Good Lord, GM gives you a loaner car to use and all you do is complain about it. A BMW or even a Corvette its not but for what it is I don't think a Cobalt is all that bad. If the Cobalt is that distasteful to you...take it back!

what Wayne said. I know it seems bad and we as humans tend to internalize things and think the worst...however this too will pass and you will wonder what all the fuss was about

STEVE MC 04-13-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Daytona Bob (Post 1569689356)
uhm... your in Miami... are you sure its a real dealer and there not just a chop shop?

Bob, you are such a ball breaker. :lol:

GrandSportGirly 04-13-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE MC (Post 1569692766)
Bob, you are such a ball breaker. :lol:

Yeah he is, but so are you! :lol:

I hope you took your car to Kendall Chevrolet to be worked on...

STEVE MC 04-13-2009 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC6Girly (Post 1569692831)
Yeah he is, but so are you! :lol:

I'll take that as a compliment coming from the biggest ball breaker of all. ;)

jpee 04-13-2009 09:16 PM

I had a 1998 Z24 Caviler it had 110,000 and I sold it and bought a 2003 Caviler with 32,000 miles on it (not sure what trim code) but its loaded XM radio, on Star (not activated) fancy fog lights (factory) etc.. I just got home from a 500 mile trip and averaged 26 mpg doing 80 mph most of the way...

The radio sounds great.. only complaint is a few squeaks in the front end... but for $5200 on a 32,000 mile car I can go wrong... :)

However I'll still take my C6 over the Caviler :D

GrandSportGirly 04-13-2009 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE MC (Post 1569692938)
I'll take that as a compliment coming from the biggest ball breaker of all. ;)

Oh really... So I am bigger then DaytonaBob? :D

STEVE MC 04-13-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC6Girly (Post 1569693142)
Oh really... So I am bigger then DaytonaBob? :D

OK maybe not the biggest, but definitely the cutest. :o

GrandSportGirly 04-13-2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE MC (Post 1569693276)
OK maybe not the biggest, but definitely the hottest! :o

Hmmmmm that's what I thought :lol: