CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   TCS Code (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2355291-tcs-code.html)

dgarrett 06-16-2009 09:03 PM

TCS Code

Started two weeks ago, service ABS, service traction control, service handling. ran codes , only one c1214 in 28TC area. last weekend they went away.now there back.any ideas.

Bop Bop 06-16-2009 09:43 PM

Just a shot in the dark but when it happened to me it was the steering (yaw) sensor. Car would also kick the cruise control off when it coded.

Bill Dearborn 06-16-2009 09:54 PM

That code indicates you could have some serious cost involved in the repair. Myself and a number of other people have had to replace the EBCM and BPMV to fix the problem. At a dealer it can run about $3K to get the repair done.

There is a possibility the code is being caused by a voltage or ground problem in the subsystem. There could be corrosion at the ground point located on the frame behind the driver's side headlight, in the EBCM connector. There could also be something causing a low voltage at the EBCM so the electrical power supply to the EBCM has to be traced back to see if there is any corrosion or poor connections in the various connectors, etc.

If checking the wiring and grounds doesn't reveal any problems then you probably at a minimum need to repair or replace the EBCM. What year is your car? If it is a 2001 or newer there is a business called ABSfixer that replaces a relay inside the module. If that is all that is needed then your cost will be limited to about $200. If the BPMV needs to be replaced in addition to R/R ing the EBCM add another $1000. This is a possibility if the BPMV has a low resistance from its motor circuits to ground as the low resistance is probably what caused the relay in the EBCM to fail.

Bill

dgarrett 06-18-2009 05:38 PM

Thanks for the info. will be checking all connections this weekend.

JUSTAKAR 06-18-2009 06:33 PM

codes

Originally Posted by dgarrett (Post 1570473721)
Started two weeks ago, service ABS, service traction control, service handling. ran codes , only one c1214 in 28TC area. last weekend they went away.now there back.any ideas.

Look up ABSFIXER in google, send him your unit, the dry portion of your ABS unit, it'll cost you 150 bucks.
The car is still driveable minus abs and traction control with one proviso..cover the area you took off with a plastic bag until the fella sends back your module.
Reset the faults and thru the DIC reset any codes.

Regards Ian

beninchesapeake 06-18-2009 07:57 PM

C1214

Ok, I think I'm in the right thread now, apologies, I'm still new to the forum. Typical C1214 @ @TCS. I did clean the ground behind the driver's side headlight, it wasn't dirty but it was not what I would consider tight. I thought that was odd. ( off subject, wouldn't you just love to strangle whoever invented those little connectors ). The DIC would not allow me to clear the code and the warnings are still present. I will take a drive and see, last time out the code cleared in about an hour, with luck it won't come back. I guess my next step is trying to split the module as Bill D. suggested and re-seal it. Any comments are always welcome, I'm committed to whipping this thing now, with you guy's help that is.

P.S. I akways forget, 2003 coupe stock, 38,000 miles.