CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast-40/)
-   -   With Great Sadness (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northeast/2419952-with-great-sadness.html)

Wicked Weasel 09-07-2009 07:10 PM

With Great Sadness

:sadangel: :sadangel::sadangel:

With Great Sadness I was informed today that John Romano (ECS Shop Manager) passed away from complications due from his illness. He leaves behind a loving wife, a son and another baby on the way.

John worked on my car the very first day I was a customer at ECS and the very last day that he worked at ECS. He always told me that he took much pride in building my car and I always appreciated him watching over every step of my builds through the years.

Over time John and I became good friends. We talked many nights about all sorts of things. He was down to earth kind of guy taking life one day at a time. He was a very good family man always trying to balance work, racing and his family, but always his family came first. I remember him telling me after my daughter was born "you are going to love it. Every night when I come home and see my son's smile it takes all of the rest of my problems away." He would ask me what stages my daughter was in and then excitedly tell me what the next stage I could look forward to.

Besides working for ECS, John was also an avid Dirt Car Racer. He is very well known in that community (this is obvious if you go to dirtracing forum and see all of the people sending their condolences http://theboard.southjerseydirtracin...1131498&page=1). Last year he ran in 2 different classes and I am glad that I had the opportunity to see him run. He clearly was a good driver and many people respected him on and off the track which at 32 years of age is a great accomplishment.

John was a good friend and I will truly miss him and his laugh.

RIP my friend....

Bob

Found some pictures of John racing.

http://www.southjerseydirtracing.com...o/jimbrown.htm

:sadangel::sadangel:

http://www.southjerseydirtracing.com...romano-rip.gif

Funeral arrangements

John's viewing will be held at the Peppler Funeral Home in Allentown, NJ...

Here is the information

Peppler Funeral Home
114 South Main Street
Allentown, NJ 08501
Phone: (609) 259-7391
Fax: (609) 259-1600
Email: pepplerfuneralhome@hotmail.com

The hours of the viewing are as follows:
  1. 9/12-Saturday 2pm to 4pm
  2. 9/12-Saturday 7pm to 9pm
  3. 9/13-Sunday 1pm to 4pm
  4. 9/13-Sunday 6pm to 9pm

Funeral Mass: St James Church-Main St & Rt 35 South-Woodbridge, NJ 07095

Monday 9/14....time is yet to be announced

I know John will be buried in Cream Ridge, NJ up near the Golf Course

In lieu of flowers...donations can be made (still finding out how/who to make checks out to) for John's children and mailed to:

Kristine Romano
PO Box 152
New Egypt, NJ 08533-0152

-----------------------

JOHN F. ROMANO

John F. Romano, 31, of New Egypt, passed away Monday, Sept. 7, 2009 at the University of Maryland, Medical Center.

Born in Staten Island, NY, he was a graduate of Monroe High School and later attended Brookdale Community College. He was employed as a Shop Manager at East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge.

John was a loving husband and father who enjoyed engine building and was very active in the racing community. John started his racing career in 1996 where he raced in the Sportsman Rookie Class at Bridgeport Speedway. From 1997 to 2002 he raced in the Sportsman Division at East Windsor Speedway. From 2002 to 2008 he raced at New Egypt Speedway where he spent a short time in the Modified Division, but mainly raced in Sportsman Division and SS Sprint Division and in 2009 he raced in the SS Sprint Division at various tracks in Pennsylvania.

He is survived by his loving wife, Kristine; his son, John Matthew; his mother, Inez Romano; his father, John Romano; two sisters, Danielle Cook and Donna Spatola; three brothers-in-law, Shawn Cook, Paul Spatola and Frank Previti; mother-in-law, Suzanne Previti; father-in-law, Frank Previti; nieces and nephews, Brandi, Haley and Zachery Cook and Victoria, Kayla and Daniel Previti; as well as many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held Monday, September 14th at 10:30am at the St. James Church Main and Amboy Sts. Woodbridge. Friends may call Saturday from 2-4 and 7-9pm and again Sunday 1-4 and 6-9pm at the Peppler Funeral Home 114 So. Main St. Allentown. Interment will follow in Cream Ridge Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to John Matthew Romano, c/o Kristine Romano P.O. Box 152, New Egypt, NJ 08533-0152 for a fund to be set up for John's children.

JPM@AutoBuffs 09-07-2009 07:15 PM

:sadangel:

pewter99 09-07-2009 07:18 PM

GeorgeZNJ 09-07-2009 07:21 PM

I still can't get over the sledge hammer effect I'm feeling. John was the most easy going, mild mannered, friendly guy you could ever meet. He was a perfectionist, a totally dedicated professional to his trade. He also became a friend. He will be missed, and I pray for his family. When we went to see him race, you could tell by the people who came by to chat with him in the pits, how much he was liked and respected. RIP Johnny, you will be missed.

Sparkieeee 09-07-2009 07:32 PM

:sadangel: :sadangel:

Ralphyboy 09-07-2009 07:35 PM

Wow, very sad news. So young to leave this world. Thoughts and prayers for all his family and close friends. :sadangel::sadangel:

Jan@AutoBuffs 09-07-2009 07:42 PM

:sadangel: Prayers for John's family & friends :sadangel:

6SPD98 09-07-2009 07:52 PM

I'm going to miss him.
I saw him race a few times at New Egypt. I got to talking to a few people in the spectator stands and everyone knew him. Then he came out and sat down to talk to me......made me proud.
God rest your soul John
that is all

hollyt 09-07-2009 08:11 PM

Humanoid 2.0 09-07-2009 08:12 PM

RIP John :sadangel:

Shagster 09-07-2009 08:15 PM

Prayers go out from my family to his:sadangel:

moserbe 09-07-2009 08:26 PM

:sadangel::sadangel: I am so sorry to here of John's passing. I am glad that I had to pleasure to meet John several times as he was a great guy with a pleasant personality. My prayers go out to his family.

burtonbl103 09-07-2009 08:30 PM

TryNkeepUp 09-07-2009 08:35 PM

Very sad news Bob. Thank God that John isn't in any more pain :sadangel:

Can't even imagine what his wife is going through - a great loss to his family and great loss to this community. Thoughts and prayers are sent to his family at this hour of need along with prayers to his family at ECS.

Most sincere condolences from Barry and myself :sadangel::sadangel:

BT-01-vette 09-07-2009 08:52 PM

:sadangel:Man I can't begin to tell how sad I am to hear this. I was getting worried because every time I was in over the pass few months he was never there. I always talked with the guys how he was but damn I didn't think it was going to come dn to this. John was a great guy besides being one hell of a Corvette tech. My heart is broken that he will not be able to watch his kids grow up. I had the pleasure of meeting his little guy a number of months ago and he is cute as a button. Before ECS carried meth, John would pick me up a container when he went to the track to race his sprint car. That was the kind of guy he was. My prayers to his family!! I'm so sorry to hear this:cry

carboman 09-07-2009 08:59 PM

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Novat_99 09-07-2009 09:03 PM

:sadangel: Damn, so young too :sadangel:

Medriver99 09-07-2009 09:11 PM

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

RIP

rfatlanta1 09-07-2009 09:32 PM

He was needed in the Heavenly version of ESC. I am sure he found many friends waiting for him. Prayers & sympathy to his family. :sadangel:

EPMM 03 C5 09-07-2009 09:33 PM