CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Pulled over for Speeding on the way home from Kerberk!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2445665-pulled-over-for-speeding-on-the-way-home-from-kerberk.html)

Formula52 10-12-2009 12:31 PM

Pulled over for Speeding on the way home from Kerberk!!!

Hi All,

Got pulled over by a N.J. State trooper on my way home from Kerberk on Saturday. Only thing it was not me speeding. I was the Atomic Orange Corvette that everyone passed on the Parkway. I had my cruise set to 2 miles above the speed limit and drove home as carefully as possible.

State trouper was behind me I assume for a while. then came along side me, then went ahead of me (I assume to see if I had a front plate, which I do.). I could not have driven any more slower if I tried. I would not even keep up with the other Vettes that passed me. I might have passed a total of 5 cars the whole way and they were going quite slow. So I assume you get the picture. So then he gets behind me and puts his lights on.

When he comes up to me car, he asked me if I know why he pulled me over. I said no sir, I don't. Told me 20 miles back by some bridge he saw an orange Corvette going over 90 MPH. He was coming from the other direction and said it took him all that time to turn around and catch up to me.... I swore to him it was not me and that everyone and their Uncle passed me... He had to see that. I also do not have a radar detector... Also, he knew of the Kerberk event, which had over 700 Vettes...

I guess he believed me because I got no ticket. But it was scary, the thought of getting a ticket for what someone else did.

Anyway, Kerberk was a lot of fun, had a great time and can't wait to go again next year....

Take care,

Steve

STEVE MC 10-12-2009 12:37 PM

Sounds like :bs

Glad he let you off.
If he did give you a ticket, you probably would have got it dismissed in court.

weathermaker 10-12-2009 12:44 PM

Glad he didn't wright you up.

mcandrew67 10-12-2009 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE MC (Post 1571793016)
Sounds like :bs

Glad he let you off.
If he did give you a ticket, you probably would have got it dismissed in court.

:iagree:If he lost visible sight of you and there were that many Vettes out, would be hard to prove in court.
Glad the event was fun...
:cheers:David

trapp 10-12-2009 12:54 PM

The only way he could give you a ticket is if you told him it was you....otherwise he had no way knowing......well he could of but it would have been thrown out..

coolcat 10-12-2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Formula52 (Post 1571792948)

I guess he believed me because I got no ticket. But it was scary, the thought of getting a ticket for what someone else did.

Sounds like another case of Corvette Profiling. :toetap:

cclive 10-12-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1571793278)
Sounds like another case of Corvette Profiling. :toetap:

Yes, we are a disadvantaged and mistreated minority:thumbs:

dvilin 10-12-2009 01:30 PM

Well it worked out for you, that is good, I will not comment on the Trooper other than I hope he did not pull over every orange Vette he saw, expecting the person to say oh yea that was me doing 90.

Sunnyvale Dave 10-12-2009 01:45 PM

:lol:

When I was in the Corvette caravan leaving the Bay Area, a highway patrolman moved his car right in front of mine. Naturally all the Vettes in the caravan slowed to his speed.

I guess that is better than getting a ticket.

427PWRD 10-12-2009 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by mcandrew67 (Post 1571793129)
:iagree:If he lost visible sight of you and there were that many Vettes out, would be hard to prove in court.
Glad the event was fun...
:cheers:David

x2, the law does state that if they lose visible sight of you, they're not allowed to cite you. Most law enforcement (or around here anyway) have dash cameras, so it would clearly show they lost you before catching back up with you to conduct a traffic stop. :flag:

moolys 10-13-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by weathermaker (Post 1571793097)

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

BRU 10-13-2009 11:10 AM

What a load of crap. Glad you weren't ticketed.

Rich Mickol 10-13-2009 11:16 AM

Good for you. Got Lucky. They (SP) all knew about the Kerbeck Run and were probably on the lookout. Glad it turned out the way it did for you. See, do something nice like the toy run and God did something nice for you.

Red Cell 10-13-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon_C6 (Post 1571793910)
x2, the law does state that if they lose visible sight of you, they're not allowed to cite you. Most law enforcement (or around here anyway) have dash cameras, so it would clearly show they lost you before catching back up with you to conduct a traffic stop. :flag:

This is essentially true (could still issue a violation ticket...but whether the LEO would be successful is an entirely different matter).

Also, with 700 corvette's, there's enough for "reasonable doubt" (if it made it to court) that your version makes sense.

Red Cell.:cool:

Chuck A 10-13-2009 11:22 AM

glad you werent ticketed

jklarkpimp 10-13-2009 11:59 AM

thats why the verde ithaca lime green is cool....
youre one of a kind

but also could get you into trouble :rofl::lol:

jklarkpimp 10-13-2009 12:00 PM

"i just saw a lime green blur goin 130 in a :D

it wasnt me lol...had to be another lime green

SanDiegoBert 10-13-2009 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by weathermaker (Post 1571793097)

The LEO thought the Vette was flying !

Jesse 10-13-2009 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Formula52 (Post 1571792948)
When he comes up to me car, he asked me if I know why he pulled me over. I said no sir, I don't. Told me 20 miles back by some bridge he saw an orange Corvette going over 90 MPH. He was coming from the other direction and said it took him all that time to turn around and catch up to me....

Based on this info alone, if he had written you a ticket, there would be no way you would have been found guilty :nonod:

What a waste of his time to chase a Vette for 20 miles who was doing 90 mph, since he was probably doing 120+ to catch up :rolleyes:

Glad he was smart enough to let you be on your way :yesnod:

:thumbs: to Kerbeck

tls630 10-13-2009 12:25 PM

i agree another case of Vette profiling. I have been a victim of that.