CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Happy With Your Vette? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2452049-happy-with-your-vette.html)

GotVett? 10-21-2009 08:30 AM

Happy With Your Vette?

Whose content keeping their current vette for many years to come vs. going into the latest, greatest? And does it possibly being "paid for" have anything to do with it?

lkelliott 10-21-2009 08:36 AM

I've had my current Vette for just over a year. I special ordered it with absolutely every option I wanted and I can't be happier with it. :cool:
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...C_6198copy.jpg
A.J. Allmindinger in my Vert last weekend at AAA Speedway.

fyreline 10-21-2009 08:37 AM

I bought my '07 Convertible (Monterey Red / Cashmere, 3LT M6) in April of '07, and spent the rest of the first season getting it "just so" with the Corsa exhaust, GM painted interior kit, painted fuel rail covers, etc. I don't intend to do any more to it, for me it's "perfect". And yes, it's paid for. I can't see trading it in anytime soon, so yes, I'm happy with it and I'm content keeping it for quite a while.

Of course, a killer C7 around 2012 could change all that!

mcandrew67 10-21-2009 08:39 AM

Love mine. Had it 3.5 years now. This is the longest I have ever had a car. I look at new ones and think, why bother I love what I have done to mine and it is almost paid for. Be paid off next year.
:cheers:David

designerRob 10-21-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by GotVett? (Post 1571889712)
Whose content keeping their current vette for many years to come vs. going into the latest, greatest? And does it possibly being "paid for" have anything to do with it?

I'm VERY content and happy with my C6. I plan on keeping it for quite a few years. I've never been one to need the latest and 'greatest'. I paid cash for mine. She's paid for.
:cheers:

I'd like to know what your opinion is on the subject. What do you think?

LFZ 10-21-2009 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by lkelliott (Post 1571889760)
I've had my current Vette for just over a year. I special ordered it with absolutely every option I wanted and I can't be happier with it. :cool:

A.J. Allmindinger in my Vert last weekend at AAA Speedway.

I have met AJ's wife, Lynne...very nice lady.:cheers:

Great pic btw.

FloridaGrandSport 10-21-2009 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by designerRob (Post 1571889851)
I'm VERY content and happy with my C6. I plan on keeping it for quite a few years. I've never been one to need the latest and 'greatest'. I paid cash for mine. She's paid for.

I think as we get older we are more inclined to keep something and make it "ours." My 02 Fatboy has been modified to suit me, and a new bike would take many $$$ to get it just right. I've got an 04 Silverado SS with 14k miles, and it is the perfect truck for my needs.

I ordered my GS in the exact colors and options I wanted, and hope to see it sell on Barret-Jackson selling as a classic when I'm in the rest home :)

MARSC6 10-21-2009 09:21 AM

Over 3 years now and I have no intention of replacing it. I won't get rid of any car until it becomes moire trouble then its worth.

Redvette_22 10-21-2009 09:40 AM

Overall, I really HATE the car. It's my 9th Vette and I consider it the worst of the bunch, even the 68 was better!! The only reason I still have it is that with a $25,000 depreciation in less then a year, I can't afford to get rid of it. I'll just buy Fords from here on.

wolfdogs 10-21-2009 09:42 AM

paid for. keeping it. very satisfied.

FloridaGrandSport 10-21-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Red98C5 (Post 1571890261)
Overall, I really HATE the car. It's my 9th Vette and I consider it the worst of the bunch, even the 68 was better!! The only reason I still have it is that with a $25,000 depreciation in less then a year, I can't afford to get rid of it. I'll just buy Fords from here on.

No way did it depreciate 25k in a year unless you paid 10k or more over sticker.

CETA 256 10-21-2009 09:46 AM

I love my car and have no present intentions of replacing her anytime soon.:)

jpee 10-21-2009 09:48 AM

I bought my 96 C4 new back then EXACTLY as I wanted it.. I had to do a few mods to make it the way I wanted it for my main purpose (Drag Racing.. BUT still a nice and pleasant driver if me & the wife want to take a weekend trip to Atlantic City or out to the Penselvania Dutch Country for a nice weekend..

I had that car 12 years with some Drag Mods done but they did NOT effect the comfort on a long trip..

When I sold it I bought my C6 Again EXACTLY as I wanted it, with only the options I wanted & would use!!

I am more than happy with my C6... I have app 12,000 trouble free miles on it many of them 1/4 mile at a time.. and have several longer 300 mile trips.. and my wife never complained one time...

I plan on keeping the C6 as long as I had the C4.. (10+ years)

They may have to bury me in it.. I honestly cant justify spending the $$ for a new car when this one is SO good! Being retired and on a fixed pension don't help toward getting a new car anyway :(

RussellZ 10-21-2009 09:51 AM

I've had mine for about a 1 1/2 years. I'll probably keep it for a couple more years and then get something else. It's an awesome car but I'm more of a motorcycle guy and I ride my bikes more then I drive my cars. At some point, I'll get another Lexus or a P-car.

Cypher 10-21-2009 09:52 AM

My first Vette…paid for…I like it a lot. :thumbs:

It’s just a toy and I’ll probably keep it until something better comes along (i.e. C7).

My only regret is that starting in the next few weeks, all’s I’ll be able to do is watch it sit in the garage while it snows outside for the next 5 months. :(

Although my Hummer is a blast in the snow…so I’ll survive. :D

Vette_DD 10-21-2009 09:55 AM

I've had my 06 coupe for 3 years now. Probably keep it another 4 or 5 years.

BriscoCounty 10-21-2009 09:55 AM

2 1/2 years with my 07 as a daily driver, 22K miles so far, no real issues. Love it and still get a kick out of it everytime I see it or drive it. But, I like new things and especially new cars, so I have the itch for something new. But, the C6 depreciates just like any other car and figure after 3 years, about 50% loss easily, hard to justify that much money every 3 years. So, I'll keep mine for at least another year or 2, but that's it.

Right offer comes along I might go with a new one, but even with all the "improvements" to the 08s and up, I still don't see that much difference in the cars from mine, so I'm not that anxious for another one. I should just change the exhaust again, for the 3rd time, to keep myself happy for another year or 2.

Chris Mills 10-21-2009 09:57 AM

My sweetheart and I love the 07 and enjoy our road trips immensely. Nothing like 30 MPG and faster than a speeding bullet all rolled into one.

GotVett? 10-21-2009 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by designerRob (Post 1571889851)

Bought mine new in '07 and I've always been one who tended to like the "newest". But there's something to be said for having a vette that's still of "showroom" quality, the color I love the most, has low mileage, and almost paid for. :thumbs: If I don't go into another, I'd consider putting more power to it but would have to weigh in all of the factors, pro's and con's (I do have a GM EW). If I do decide to change and the price was right, I'd probably get a Z or if things really turned around . . . a ZR1. ;) But for now, I'll be content with a race car that will paid for shortly. :thumbs:

Dif 10-21-2009 10:10 AM

It's now 7 months with my 1st Vette and Love it.
Seems like I just got it yesterday and don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. :flag::D :auto: