CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Removing and installling sun visors (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2453792-removing-and-installling-sun-visors.html)

Phanni 10-23-2009 03:41 PM

Removing and installling sun visors

Anyone got any tips?
I got one done, but what a PITA..

PETE O. 10-23-2009 04:15 PM

There's a sticky on that proceedure. It's really a piece of cake. All you need is a small screw driver and a twist of the visor.......

RedSoxFan 10-23-2009 04:28 PM

One tip I can give you is to pull the inner ring (for lack of a better description) out after you've disengaged the visor arm. When I installed my homelink visor this wasn't part of the installation instructions but it made it a heck of a lot easier to fish the wire out after removing that ring. Then just pop it back in and re-install.
:flag:

JropTop 10-23-2009 06:45 PM

Here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following steps describe the process for removal and reinstallation of your Corvette Sunshade.

REMOVAL OF SUNSHADE : (Caution: Take great care to avoid damage to the plastic bezel, rod or other parts of the sunshade. These parts are reasonably fragile and easy to damage. Protect these parts and do not force the removal.)

To remove the driver side sunshade, tilt the sunshade down toward the windshield as you would to block the sun.
Insert the blade of a flat head screwdriver in the slot on the inner plastic bezel at the end of the rod (Install protective sleeve on this rod) protruding from the sunshade into the roof area.
Now rotate the sunshade clockwise toward the driver’s side window. The placement of the screwdriver will cause the bezel to rotate when the sunshade turns and presses against it. Pull down on the sunshade arm as you rotate it until the sunshade stops.[the first tab disengages]. Push up on the sunshade and continue rotating the sunshade until the sunshade with the inner bezel disengages from the mounting bezel.
In this position the sunshade will come free from the roof-housing. Expose the wiring connector (This is located 2-3” from the end of the rod.) Disconnect the connector. (you may have to remove the roof bezel to get the connector to come free. This bezel is a press-fit.)
REINSTALL SUNSHADE:

atmsrus1 10-23-2009 06:54 PM

See if this works for ya.

http://www.pc-surgeon.net/images/cfo...eplacement.pdf

Phanni 10-23-2009 08:41 PM

Wow Thanks guys....

Jesse Asis 09-21-2010 11:52 AM

Thanks JropTop, after spending 30 mins. studying the mount (no screws, no instructions, no clue as to how that suckers was attached). I went to the forum to see if someone posted an answer. Again thanks to guys like yourself, you shared what could of been a damaging situation into a (2 min. removal). The visors are not built well, the leverage breaks the area just above the mirror breaking the particale board body. Little more engineering could have had a metal plate or re-inforcement tabs to support just swinging the visor down from the end and breaking that board. Oh well, ordered new ones at $95 bucks per side, should last another 10 years (I hope..) Thanks again guys, your the best. Jesse

Praetorian27 04-08-2012 11:07 AM

This is exactly what I was looking for! I know I'm resurrecting an old thread...but I just wanted to say that once again, this site proves to be without question, the BEST car user / fan forum I have ever seen! No matter what my question, or problem with my C5, I get precise, quick and friendly help. Rock on Corvette guys!! :rock::thumbs::rock:

CactusCat 04-08-2012 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Praetorian27 (Post 1580500494)
This is exactly what I was looking for! I know I'm resurrecting an old thread...but I just wanted to say that once again, this site proves to be without question, the BEST car user / fan forum I have ever seen! No matter what my question, or problem with my C5, I get precise, quick and friendly help. Rock on Corvette guys!! :rock::thumbs::rock:

:iagree: Totally!! :iagree:

512BB 08-30-2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by atmsrus1 (Post 1571919721)

Thank you! What a life saver and kudos to you and this forum.

:woohoo:

Vetteman Jack 08-30-2012 08:51 PM

Got to love the info available on the forum. Lots of very knowledgeable people here.

LaVern Slusher 01-19-2014 08:27 PM

I have the old visors out but reinstalling them i can't get the visor flush with the bevel. can any body give me some tips on reinstalling them

jfaxas 01-19-2014 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Praetorian27 (Post 1580500494)

:iagree::thumbs:

Jesse Asis 01-20-2014 02:38 PM

If I recall, stick a medium screw driver into the body of the plastic piece that goes into the hole, and twist it back into the hole, it will lock... If you took it out, just reverse the process, play with it, it goes back in... Good luck.

DanSavage 01-20-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse Asis (Post 1575391139)
The visors are not built well, the leverage breaks the area just above the mirror breaking the particale board body. Little more engineering could have had a metal plate or re-inforcement tabs to support just swinging the visor down from the end and breaking that board.

For those of us with the Shale interior (`03 AE & `04 CE), buying replacements is not an option because GM no longer stocks these and there are no aftermarket replacements.

So, I did the surgery required to rebuild mine.

I documented the process here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...n-visor-2.html

psint 02-03-2014 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Phanni (Post 1571917727)
Anyone got any tips?
I got one done, but what a PITA..

chuckeb84 04-08-2014 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by psint (Post 1586084268)

Will a c6 visor fit a C5 it has the home link :_dupe: