CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted-55/)
-   -   *FOR-SALE* Custom ANALOG Dash Cluster For early C4s’. Get rid of your digi-dash !!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted/2454899-for-sale-custom-analog-dash-cluster-for-early-c4si-get-rid-of-your-digi-dash.html)

Hole-Shot 10-25-2009 11:26 AM

*FOR-SALE* Custom ANALOG Dash Cluster For early C4s’. Get rid of your digi-dash !!!

This is a complete analog dash replacement unit for L98 equipped C4 Corvettes. The gauges themselves are from a Firebird. The unit was road tested for functionality (by the original builder) and will plug directly into your stock wiring harness with no modifications. All of your factory light accessories will still work properly, such as your dash lights, blinkers and high beam indicators.

I bought this as a complete unit a couple years ago from a fellow Corvette Forum member. I had every intention of putting it into my 85, but I never got around to doing it. Additionally, since then, my ever-growing lengthy list of priorities on the car has changed. I will probably never get around to installing it, so I may as well let someone else get some use out of it.

Comes complete as shown, which is exactly as it was when I bought it. I have the notes that I was provided for the installation, and also some helpful photographs on how to do the installation. The install is pretty basic.

This unit will really set your C4 apart from the rest. You will probably never see another one like this for sale.

I am only looking to get most of my money back out of it.
$565.00 + shipping costs.

PayPal is ok.

Email, PM, or call 262-338-8612

David

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Below is part of an email communication between the original builder and myself when I was in the process of buying it.

David,
got my latest bird gauge panel nearly ready to install...test flew it a few days ago, (tested it)...asking price will be $600 (i kept track of hours on the latest, even $600 is a gift)

thanx,
andy

Originally Posted by Hole-Shot
So everything will work, right? Plug it in and I’m good to go? Are there any items that I listed below that will not function properly?
o Speedo
o Tachometer
o Odometer
o Trip meter
o Oil pressure
o Volt gauge
o Gas gauge
o Water temperature
o Blinkers
o High-beam indicator
o Dash lights

David

yessir, all the above work.

you will find that some of the dash lite sockets do not have bulbs in them...these are extra lite positions that i added but never used -- you can try for effect -- i found the oem positions to be good...note that you can change bulb positions but increasing number of bulbs has limited effect as bulb wattage is controlled by the vette headlite switch at ''dimmed'' levels of less than full output...you can also ''tint'' bulbs with ''nail polish'' for blue, green, purple,etc glow

later,
andy

http://webpages.charter.net/dfilo861...log%20dash.jpg

jeffp1167 10-25-2009 11:45 AM

Thats a cool setup! Very reliable gauges to I have a 90 firebird gauge cluster and it never has issues like like a vettes cluster. If I didn't have a 90 vette I'de buy these in a heartbeat ..... Good luck with your sale.

Andrew6@TheDoubleAA 10-26-2009 05:20 PM

verycool. if the one I just bought doesn't work out right I'll deff. buy this one if still for sell.

Hole-Shot 10-28-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jeffp1167 (Post 1571934186)
Thats a cool setup! Very reliable gauges to I have a 90 firebird gauge cluster and it never has issues like like a vettes cluster. If I didn't have a 90 vette I'de buy these in a heartbeat ..... Good luck with your sale.

VIN_#_00521__Z-51_C4 10-28-2009 04:22 PM

Thats looks pretty good for an analog set of guages But wouldn't that take away for the original look of a early C4 Vette Especially since thay are known for having the torque Curve tach guage

Z51T56C4 10-30-2009 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by VIN_#_00521__Z-51_C4 (Post 1571970733)
Thats looks pretty good for an analog set of guages But wouldn't that take away for the original look of a early C4 Vette Especially since thay are known for having the torque Curve tach guage

Not if you have installed an engine whose torque curve is nowhere NEAR stock :lol:

I am giving this serious consideration - I really love those old Trans-Am gauges!!

Hole-Shot 11-01-2009 12:25 PM

:lurk:

Hole-Shot 11-06-2009 01:41 PM

:bigears

Hole-Shot 11-09-2009 10:40 AM

:flag:

M.J.L. 11-09-2009 01:27 PM

Hole-Shot 11-14-2009 10:39 AM

Hole-Shot 11-27-2009 10:29 AM

Thanksgiving Special.

Hole-Shot 11-29-2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hole-Shot (Post 1572250910)
Thanksgiving Special.

:bigears

Hole-Shot 01-04-2010 10:40 AM