CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] My Z got egged for Halloween. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2460030-my-z-got-egged-for-halloween.html)

SCM_Crash 11-01-2009 05:22 PM

My Z got egged for Halloween.

Well, I'm quite angry about this, and I'm not sure why this happens.

I drove to a friend's house last night to go out. We took their car to our destination. When we got back, sure enough my car had been egged. There were a few other cars in the area that were egged too.

By the time I got the car over to a gas station to see in the light what the damage was, the egg was hardened all over. But luckily almost none of it was on the body and most of it was on the windshield.

Needless to say it doesn't look like there was any permanent damage to the body. Took 3 hours to get it all off since it was 4am.

Anyone know why people get egged? My dad got egged last year as well while he was at a poker game with his friends. We've never been egged in my home neighborhood.

People have no respect these days...

EDIT:
http://www.socalmuscle.com/forums/im...e05d0ad14a.jpg

lbarnard 11-01-2009 05:54 PM

Idiots that are just jealous! I know I would be :mad: I would guess it's just because it's that time of the year. Glad to hear you were able to get it cleaned off without any damage!

02Z06clark 11-01-2009 06:07 PM

:iagree: , but Happy Halloween anyways .

zulatr 11-01-2009 06:46 PM

be glad they hit the glass.

egg shells will cut the paint with a bunch of tiny cuts in a circular pattern.

egging a car is not harmless, and those that do it should be held responsible.

TheDingo 11-01-2009 07:08 PM

wow... a$$holes!

photoguy 11-01-2009 07:49 PM

I would have loved to have caught them!!!!!:mad::mad:

TXGS507 11-01-2009 07:56 PM

A couple of years ago some Jack Asses Egged my new Dodge Charger on the body...
ZULtR is exactly correct! You can see where the impact of the eggs hit the paint and literally shattered... Looks as though it was hit with a Golf Ball... I happened to be in a back yard w my Pit Bull calming him down... I saw the teenagers and ran one of them down on foot ( there were 3)... I am 6'2 2 225.... ( run 3 days per week) ;)
Seperated the kids shoulder, and he ate quite a bit of dirt/grass from the impact. A TX DPS Trooper lives 3 houses up from me. I took him to his house, called his parents, pressed charges... All 3 teens plead guilty to criminal mischief.. they have never been back.. Now had that been my Z06!!! I might be in Prison now... :)

Glad your C5Z was not damaged... I'll bet you learned a valuable lesson...

My Charger... Yeah, it's got a HEMI
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/917...harger8iu6.jpg

~Josh 11-01-2009 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear it....

Karma is a beeyotch... those losers will get their payback soon enough.

pewter99 11-01-2009 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 (Post 1572013274)
A couple of years ago some Jack Asses Egged my new Dodge Charger on the body...
ZULtR is exactly correct! You can see where the impact of the eggs hit the paint and literally shattered... Looks as though it was hit with a Golf Ball... I happened to be in a back yard w my Pit Bull calming him down... I saw the teenagers and ran one of them down on foot ( there were 3)... I am 6'2 2 225.... ( run 3 days per week) ;)
Seperated the kids shoulder, and he ate quite a bit of dirt/grass from the impact. A TX DPS Trooper lives 3 houses up from me. I took him to his house, called his parents, pressed charges... All 3 teens plead guilty to criminal mischief.. they have never been back.. Now had that been my Z06!!! I might be in Prison now... :)

Glad your C5Z was not damaged... I'll bet you learned a valuable lesson...

My Charger... Yeah, it's got a HEMI
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/917...harger8iu6.jpg

lucky the kids parents didn't sue you....

back when we grew up this was to be expected, get caught get ass beat...get home...get ass beat again..... nowadays..not so much.

glad it worked out for ya :thumbs:

IEATRICE 11-01-2009 11:11 PM

alcohol + jealousy

i would love to have your problem LOL

but no, i dont egg cars! or anything for that matter

tlc0706 11-01-2009 11:32 PM

Been there done that.....jealousy and stupidity....:mad: Had to have a door repainted

4GS7 11-02-2009 09:17 AM

Honestly, I find a garage for my car every year on mischief/devil/hell night and Halloween. I simply don't trust kids, especially in my town where they have far more money than respect. My mother's RX330 got a rock through the rear windshield a couple years back. Thankfully, that was a lease that we had no attachment to. Since then, I have found a secure place for my car around Halloween.

fisher auto 11-02-2009 11:50 AM

Maybe if we had more of this, these kids would be more scared of doing **** like this!. My father would of left my ass for dead. Could Kill Some of these punks now adays! 1 FOR THE GOOD GUYS

speedyhawk101 11-02-2009 12:12 PM

Bastards!

hotwheels57 11-02-2009 12:45 PM

karma...

SCM_Crash 11-02-2009 01:08 PM

Yeah... Next year I'm going to be watching very carefully at my car and the ones around it. If I spot one person throwing eggs at any car, I'm going to make sure they go home in a black and white. I would LOVE to beat them down, but I don't want to get sued. Pansy ass kids these days, they'll sue you for sneezing on them.

The bits of egg shell that did end up on my body came off with a little work, and left no marks.

When my dad got egged a last year, the egg hit the body and left burn marks on the top and side of the car.

These kids will see their karma, but I'm wondering what I did to deserve that karma, or if I wasn't getting any at all since it wasn't on the body.

Eddie 70 11-02-2009 09:45 PM

Was that the front windshield? If it was I think you are lucky that it did not break the glass. That would be an expensive fix just out of meanness. I had a couple of buddies in HS that used to get out and want to do that stuff. That was one of those things I never did do with them.

Glad to hear there was minimal damage to your vette. I love the story about the guy chasing the kids down and turning them in. I would bet money they never do that again. Kudos.:thumbs:

resipsa 11-02-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1572011595)

I drove to a friend's house last night to go out. We took their car to our destination. When we got back, sure enough my car had been egged. There were a few other cars in the area that were egged too.

By the time I got the car over to a gas station to see in the light what the damage was, the egg was hardened all over. But luckily almost none of it was on the body and most of it was on the windshield.

Needless to say it doesn't look like there was any permanent damage to the body. Took 3 hours to get it all off since it was 4am.

Anyone know why people get egged? My dad got egged last year as well while he was at a poker game with his friends. We've never been egged in my home neighborhood.

EDIT:

I see things have not changed in 40 years. My Dad had a new 69 Charger, and I begged him not to take it to the hospital on Goosey/Mischief night to see a patient. He thought I was crazy, but took my Mom's Pontiac Station Wagon instead. On the home, a bunch of kids through about My Vettes do not go out on Goosey/Mischief night or Halloween.

resipsa 11-02-2009 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1572011595)

EDIT:

I see things have not changed in 40 years. My Dad had a new 69 Charger, and I begged him not to take it to the hospital on Goosey/Mischief night to see a patient. He thought I was crazy, but took my Mom's Pontiac Station Wagon instead. On the home, a bunch of kids through about a half a dozen eggs at the car. My Vettes do not go out on Goosey/Mischief night or Halloween.

Z06supercharged 11-02-2009 11:58 PM

Cmon now you mean to tell me you didnt throw eggs when you were a young kid? I dont recall me actually tossing any at cars but I hit plenty of houses and garage doors with them.
There is no reason people do it, its just one of those stupid things you do
(or some people do) when a young kid.
I can honestly say id never leave my Z06 parked outside on Halloween night tho in any neighborhood. Im a bit more sensible than that.