CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   2009 JCW Mini Cooper - $25,250, lowest pricest you will find anywhere!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/2493087-2009-jcw-mini-cooper-25-250-lowest-pricest-you-will-find-anywhere.html)

dgoldenz 12-23-2009 08:30 AM

2009 JCW Mini Cooper - $25,250, lowest pricest you will find anywhere!!!

See autotrader link for details and pictures:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=270757978

I've reduced the price from $26,900 to $25,250 for a quick sale. Everyone else selling 09 JCW's is asking $28-33k. You won't find one for this price anywhere else, just trying to get this sale done already. E-mail me at dgold@goldfinancialgrp.com if you have any questions.

dgoldenz 12-29-2009 10:03 PM

Sold....finally! :smash::cheers:

Pinky... 12-29-2009 10:11 PM

Minis are cool little cars. Wouldn't mind having one of those either.

runutzzzzz 12-31-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 1572579974)
Sold....finally! :smash::cheers:

Where's the Vette???

dgoldenz 01-01-2010 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1572600980)
Where's the Vette???

In the garage until the title gets here on Monday :cheers:

NYC6 01-01-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pinky Demon (Post 1572580077)
Minis are cool little cars. Wouldn't mind having one of those either.

It just so happens I have an 09 Mini S up for grabs. Less than 10K miles, mint condition. Trading for a BMW 135i(wife wants the BMW). Dealer is giving me 24K on the trade in, I'd rather sell to a private party. Feel free to PM if interested.

dgoldenz 01-01-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1572605172)
It just so happens I have an 09 Mini S up for grabs. Less than 10K miles, mint condition. Trading for a BMW 135i(wife wants the BMW). Dealer is giving me 24K on the trade in, I'd rather sell to a private party. Feel free to PM if interested.

Your dealer is offering you $24k to trade in an 09 Cooper S? :eek:

Mine offered me $22k for my JCW....unless that car is loaded to the gills with $32k+ sticker, that's a good trade offer.

NYC6 01-01-2010 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 1572605675)
Your dealer is offering you $24k to trade in an 09 Cooper S? :eek:

Mine offered me $22k for my JCW....unless that car is loaded to the gills with $32k+ sticker, that's a good trade offer.

I mentioned that to you a couple weeks ago. Im quite happy with the offer as its the top dollar mark for my car on KBB trade in #. I am buying a new BMW from them giving them an additional $20K on top of the 24K. Guess in this econ they're happy to sell new cars. I aint complaining, I'll gladly be signing on for that deal.:)
Glad you finally moved the Cooper.:thumbs:

dgoldenz 01-04-2010 12:08 AM

Well, looks like my buyer's loan was denied, so back up for sale....someone buy this already!

runutzzzzz 01-08-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 1572634399)
Well, looks like my buyer's loan was denied, so back up for sale....someone buy this already!

:willy:
I was wondering why I thought I saw the Mini the other day!

dgoldenz 01-08-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1572683991)
:willy:
I was wondering why I thought I saw the Mini the other day!

Yep. At least I got to keep their deposit. I have 3 buyers that I'm trying to finalize things with right now. Need to get this done so I can start the sound system in the Vette and clear some space in the driveway. :willy:

runutzzzzz 01-09-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 1572685249)
Yep. At least I got to keep their deposit. I have 3 buyers that I'm trying to finalize things with right now. Need to get this done so I can start the sound system in the Vette and clear some space in the driveway. :willy:

What do you plan on doing in the Vette for a sound system? Who is installing it?

dgoldenz 01-09-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1572696093)
What do you plan on doing in the Vette for a sound system? Who is installing it?

Something along the lines of...

Speakers: Hybrid Audio Clarus (or Legatia set if I run active and want to drop the $$), Morel Elate, Focal K2P, Dynaudio 242....something along these lines. I've been surfing the classifieds at DIYMA for a couple weeks now
Sub: 10" Image Dynamics IDQv3 or Stereo Integrity BM MKIII (if they ever finally finish production).
Amplifier: Zed Audio Leviathan, JL Audio HD 900/5, or a 4-channel amp if I got passive on the speakers and bridge 2 channels for the sub

The ID sub I can use the stealthbox, but for the SI sub I would need to have a box made and lay it flat firing upwards and would put the amp in a rack right next to it so that both sit flush all the way across. Not sure which I'd like to go with yet.

Still undecided on what to do about the head unit. Don't want to lose the factory stuff, so I might end up getting a processor like the Audison BitOne or Alpine H701....or I might just leave it alone, but seems like I'd be wasting money on high end speaker sets if I'm not going to tune them properly.

As far as installation goes, I'm not sure yet. There used to be a guy who worked at Tweeter in Manassas that did a great job on my old car, but I have no idea where I'd find him now. Safe & Sound in Manassas is supposed to be pretty good. Have any suggestions?

NYC6 01-09-2010 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear about the deal falling through.
You dont need a processor when doing the sound system. I went through it all with my install 2 years ago. This shop assured me it was needed and talked me into the Cleansweep and it was nothing but issues. They pulled that out and installed the Foosgate version(forgot what it is called) and had problems with that as well. I posted here in the audio section about my nightmares I was having with this shop and someone there told me the HU puts out a very flat signal and nothing is needed at all. Sure enough he was 100% correct. The car doesnt need one. I have since replaced the HU so I would have good ipod interface but the sound was great through the stock unassisted HU.

This is whats in mine-JL Audio(C5-650 Components,XR-525 Coax,JL Stealthbox 10W3,450/4v2,300/2v2, Kenwood 8019 H.U.),

dgoldenz 01-09-2010 12:48 PM

I would be putting in the processor for sound tuning purposes, not to flatten the signal from the HU. The processors are pretty expensive though, so I have not really decided yet...

runutzzzzz 01-09-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 1572696640)
Something along the lines of...

Speakers: Hybrid Audio Clarus (or Legatia set if I run active and want to drop the $$), Morel Elate, Focal K2P, Dynaudio 242....something along these lines. I've been surfing the classifieds at DIYMA for a couple weeks now
Sub: 10" Image Dynamics IDQv3 or Stereo Integrity BM MKIII (if they ever finally finish production).
Amplifier: Zed Audio Leviathan, JL Audio HD 900/5, or a 4-channel amp if I got passive on the speakers and bridge 2 channels for the sub

The ID sub I can use the stealthbox, but for the SI sub I would need to have a box made and lay it flat firing upwards and would put the amp in a rack right next to it so that both sit flush all the way across. Not sure which I'd like to go with yet.

Still undecided on what to do about the head unit. Don't want to lose the factory stuff, so I might end up getting a processor like the Audison BitOne or Alpine H701....or I might just leave it alone, but seems like I'd be wasting money on high end speaker sets if I'm not going to tune them properly.

As far as installation goes, I'm not sure yet. There used to be a guy who worked at Tweeter in Manassas that did a great job on my old car, but I have no idea where I'd find him now. Safe & Sound in Manassas is supposed to be pretty good. Have any suggestions?

I used to work at Tweeter LOL... I think you're looking for Kevin? What car did you bring in there? Safe & Sound does good work!

Great choices... You can't go wrong with any of them!

dgoldenz 01-09-2010 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1572703024)
I used to work at Tweeter LOL... I think you're looking for Kevin? What car did you bring in there? Safe & Sound does good work!

Great choices... You can't go wrong with any of them!

I thought you might have worked there....I was not sure if the C6 parked outside there all the time was the same one as yours or not. You could say I've been a regular at Chipotle over the years....:rofl: Guess I know the answer now. Yes, Kevin was the installer. I had a 2000 Mustang back when I had him do the work. Had him put in sound deadening, CDT HD-62 speakers, Alpine 9835, RE Audio 12" XXX, US amps 400x, and Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1. No fancy install at the time, just a very basic setup. He may have only installed the sub and deadening though, can't remember. I was a poor college student ballin on a budget, but it was a damn good system :rofl:

I later sold the XXX and installed 2 12" IDmax's in a sealed box.....have to say I liked the IDmax's quite a bit better. Great subs, wish I could fit them in the Vette without some major work. I am sort of leaning towards the IDQ since there are no real reviews of the Stereo Integrity BM yet. Was also considering the JL 13TW5, but I am afraid if I go the flat sub route that it will take up too much space laying down with the amps. Not sure what it would cost to have a false floor done and don't really want to have make an attempt at doing it myself.

Come to think of it, I still have the US amps 400x....which would be perfect for a dual 2-ohm IDQ. That probably just made my decision. I think that setup with some Boston SPZ60's driven by a Zed Audio Kronos with ~300-350w per side would be pretty slick. Hopefully that wouldn't drown out the IDQ...

dgoldenz 01-12-2010 06:15 PM

bump

dgoldenz 01-15-2010 06:08 PM

$24,750, someone get this out of my garage!

runutzzzzz 01-15-2010 11:04 PM

Was that you at Giant this evening in the JSB?

Have you tried Carmax?