CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   FS/FT 1977 Pontiac Trans Am - Hard Top - Texas (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/2502846-fs-ft-1977-pontiac-trans-am-hard-top-texas.html)

ruf455 01-07-2010 07:27 PM

FS/FT 1977 Pontiac Trans Am - Hard Top - Texas

Price: $8500. It's a Texas car just recently left the DFW area for the first time to come home with me. Zero rust. Nice and quick. The pictures show the interior in an odd light. The seats are carpet are not faded in the least, in fact, they are new. The car will need a center link/pitman arm and two front tires. Bought it to hit the track, hence my selection of a hard top car and lack of power accesories (big selling point for me when I bought it) I am willing to trade for a daily driver of sorts, truck or car, of equal value. The wife would like to see two Corvette's in the Garage, so an L-T1 C4 trade would be a no-brainer for us. Please call the number in the add for more info. I've been driving it regularly, so no, it does not sit and all the tags are current. I am going to be doing some detail work to clean up the underhood, but it is still VERY clean and NOT molested in the least.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1555504041.html

Any Pontiac guru like my self will appreciate the build that was involved with the drivetrain. IMHO the car needs a repaint (one single stage repaint sometime in the 80's and has some dings and nicks) but honestly, for a street strip car, it gets the job done and is presentable. Everyone loves this thing, which I find kinda funny since it's roudy has hell. The shaker SHAKES... a lot...very satisfying. The price is somewhat negotiable and again, trades considered. FYI, it hangs nose to nose with our '05 (not that we ever broke the law or condone street racing in any form) :blueangel:

Steven_Belgium 01-12-2010 04:23 AM

T a

that sure is a nice looking T A
always loved the late 70 models, and hope to own one once in my life :D
good luck with the sale
greets
Steven

ruf455 01-13-2010 12:53 AM

Thanks! Lowered her down to $8700

Steven_Belgium 01-14-2010 02:19 AM

T a

that's one good deal...
wish I were closer and could see her myself, and ship it over to Belgium
any idea what a repaint would cost ?
greets
Steven

ruf455 01-17-2010 01:21 PM

The way I figured it, if I do it my self using quality supplies (I have no stock pile of paper, tape, sanding supplies etc) I could get it done for $1500. I could have it professionally shot for $1500 with me doing all the prep and post buffing/sanding. That end result would be a quality finish with nary a flaw...not a cheap cut and shoot. If painted, this car would be far more valuable, but I don't have the cash or time for it and it is perfectly sellable like it sits.

It's a fun car. We ran it yesterday (it cleared up finally). I am going to be doing some tweaking on it here and there, and detailing under the hood since it's warmed up a bit. Price will stay the same, but I will be less willing to budge. At this point, I am fairly sure I can let it go for around $8300. I am not looking to make a single penny, simply, return my initial investment in just the car (not wheels, DR's, etc...) Most folks don't relized just how rowdy a hot rod this car really is.

ruf455 01-17-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steven_Belgium (Post 1572748687)
that's one good deal...
wish I were closer and could see her myself, and ship it over to Belgium
any idea what a repaint would cost ?
greets
Steven

I have shipped over sea before, and I can supply a couple of references. I may still even the transport contacts. I am as transparent a seller as they come. My last Pontiac landed firmly in Sweden, under promised and over delivered. I will not ship junk with issues. I can email/host video in and out on the car (and driving) and I am willing to email/host any and all pictures a buyer is wanting to see. I can do this for a state side sale too, I don't mind. I can even get the car on a lift if need be for a local or video inspection. Again, nothing to hide.

ruf455 01-25-2010 08:23 AM

Though it was gone...still here. Just an FYI incase a buyer comes in here, $8300 is the bottom dollar. I spent the weekend listening to a guy offer me less, AFTER I said $8300 was it. I still will entertain a local trade.