CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2516028-sprint-booster-improve-trottle-response.html)

TKO Performance 01-27-2010 11:34 AM

SPRINT BOOSTER- Improve Trottle Response

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3878695338535_2091_3633484

Help Eliminate Trottle Response Lag

You have probably noticed your C6 Corvette's throttle response is much less than instant. You know, you mash the pedal and the car does not react as quick as you would like. This is due to the late model Corvette utilizing an electronic throttle control system, also known as drive by wire. Things like pedal sensitivity, stability control and traction control systems all factor into the final throttle signal to the ECU (engine control unit). ECU communication with these various systems creates a noticeable lag or delay in throttle response when it's go time.

Sprint Booster Power Converter is an aftermarket electronic module that plugs in between the accelerator pedal and the engine control unit (ECU) of your 2006-2010 C6 Corvette. Sprint Booster greatly improves acceleration and off the line performance by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal, providing the ECM with a new and altered signal. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3878695338535_2091_3723960

http://tkoperformance.com/sema.gif
Sprint Booster has been awarded the coveted 2009 SEMA Show “Best New Performance Street Product,” for 2009. Chosen over 1228 other entries.

Sprint Booster modules are available for automatic or manual transmission equipped 2006-2010 C6, C6 Z06 & Zr1 model Corvettes.

This is the new 2nd generation Modules which includes an on off switch.

$329 Free S&H
Click here to purchase Online http://store.tkoperformance.com/sppoboimthre.html

When ordering online a Ship charge will pop up However just write "Corvette Forum Member" in the Comments field for no Shipping Handling.
We manually take care of it.:thumbs:

OR Call in your order! 1800 778 9898 Thank you :cheers:

Allow 1 week to ship out.

GTJim 01-27-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by TKO Performance (Post 1572894322)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3878695338535_2091_3633484

Help Eliminate Trottle Response Lag

You have probably noticed your C6 Corvette's throttle response is much less than instant. You know, you mash the pedal and the car does not react as quick as you would like. This is due to the late model Corvette utilizing an electronic throttle control system, also known as drive by wire. Things like pedal sensitivity, stability control and traction control systems all factor into the final throttle signal to the ECU (engine control unit). ECU communication with these various systems creates a noticeable lag or delay in throttle response when it's go time.

Sprint Booster Power Converter is an aftermarket electronic module that plugs in between the accelerator pedal and the engine control unit (ECU) of your 2006-2010 C6 Corvette. Sprint Booster greatly improves acceleration and off the line performance by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal, providing the ECM with a new and altered signal. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3878695338535_2091_3723960

Sprint Booster modules are available for automatic or manual transmission equipped 2006-2010 C6, C6 Z06 & Zr1 model Corvettes.

This is the new 2nd generation Modules which includes an on off switch.

$329 Free S&H
Click here to purchase Online http://store.tkoperformance.com/sppoboimthre.html

When ordering online a Ship charge will pop up However just write "Corvette Forum Member" in the Comments field for no Shipping Handling.
We manually take care of it.:thumbs:

OR Call in your order! 1800 778 9898 Thank you :cheers:

Allow 1 week to ship out.

Interesting. Does this cause any problems with any of the other electronic systems the Corvette has ??? How hard is it to install ???

Seems like a neat idea but I'm just a little hesitant messing with my throttle control. Don't need any unintended acceleration like in the Toyota's just recalled.

Cdn Z06 Mike 01-27-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by GTJim (Post 1572894528)
Interesting. Does this cause any problems with any of the other electronic systems the Corvette has ??? How hard is it to install ???

Seems like a neat idea but I'm just a little hesitant messing with my throttle control. Don't need any unintended acceleration like in the Toyota's just recalled.

This won the 2009 SEMA product of the year I believe. It does not affect any other systems on your vehicle so no worries regarding the "Toyota" concerns lately. Plug it in and enjoy the instant response. Have seen this in use for close to 2 years (BMW) and no issues.

Dado5 01-27-2010 01:56 PM

Yeah i had this on my M3, next to already sport button that M had. It made huge diference.

bobbya55 01-27-2010 06:27 PM

sprint booster

what about the 2005 z51 ?

wolfdogs 01-27-2010 06:32 PM

thats pretty pricey!

TKO Performance 01-27-2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cdn Z06 Mike (Post 1572895613)
This won the 2009 SEMA product of the year I believe. It does not affect any other systems on your vehicle so no worries regarding the "Toyota" concerns lately. Plug it in and enjoy the instant response. Have seen this in use for close to 2 years (BMW) and no issues.

:yesnod:You beat me too it
Yea its a pretty nifty little mod. I have heard nothing but good things about it too.
Its a simple install. Most who try it (when demo'd at a shop) tell the salesman, leave it in I'll take it! :cheers:

Originally Posted by Dado5 (Post 1572895667)
Yeah i had this on my M3, next to already sport button that M had. It made huge diference.

:thumbs:

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1572898613)
thats pretty pricey!

The price of modern technology. The Manufacture is strict that its sold for msrp ($329.00) by the distributors. So we did no S&H.

Originally Posted by bobbya55 (Post 1572898539)
what about the 2005 z51 ?

Yes the lit states 2006 and up. I have already inquired about that. I'm waiting for a reply.

Thank you

///DarkSide\\\ 01-27-2010 07:08 PM

So it sends the throttle signal faster to the TB? Then tells the TB to open faster?

AtHomeSoda 01-27-2010 08:07 PM

So...

I don't suppose it would make the throttle SNAP like on my 72 C3 with a carburator? Now that would be cool. :thumbs:

knkali 01-27-2010 08:22 PM

can you post install directions?
what is your return policy?

check6x 01-27-2010 08:50 PM

I have a Predator for my car but have not installed a tune yet. Do I need this booster on top of the Predator?

TommyV 01-27-2010 11:08 PM

:lurk:

knkali 01-27-2010 11:35 PM

I think this is a signal multiplier. So 1/4 throttle feels like 1/2 throttle ect. Interesting and like Wolfdogs said it is pricey

BEZ06 01-27-2010 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by check6x (Post 1572900363)
I have a Predator for my car but have not installed a tune yet. Do I need this booster on top of the Predator?

I had a Predator tune on my 2005 C6, and the increased throttle response was one of the things I liked the best about it - it was like my short-throw shifter in that I noticed them both every time I drove the car, even if it wasn't real spirited driving.

My Z06 was tuned with LS2Edit, and the throttle response was a lot better than stock also.

I think a PCM tune changes the throttle tip-in by adding fuel earlier/quicker when the throttle comes on. This unit doesn't do that - it sounds like it just simply changes the voltage sent by the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) sensor to the throttle, which makes the throttle blade react quicker to the pedal. So....it doesn't do anything through the PCM.

With all the talk about tunes voiding the warranty I'm not sure I want to tune my new car (at least not yet), so I'm thinking about this unit to get better throttle response.

Bob :flag:

GTJim 01-27-2010 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by BEZ06 (Post 1572902349)
I had a Predator tune on my 2005 C6, and the increased throttle response was one of the things I liked the best about it - it was like my short-throw shifter in that I noticed them both every time I drove the car, even if it wasn't real spirited driving.

My Z06 was tuned with LS2Edit, and the throttle response was a lot better than stock also.

I think a PCM tune changes the throttle tip-in by adding fuel earlier/quicker when the throttle comes on. This unit doesn't do that - it sounds like it just simply changes the voltage sent by the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) sensor to the throttle, which makes the throttle blade react quicker to the pedal. So....it doesn't do anything through the PCM.

With all the talk about tunes voiding the warranty I'm not sure I want to tune my new car (at least not yet), so I'm thinking about this unit to get better throttle response.

Bob :flag:

Exactly, my Z is already fast enough for me. I would like better throttle response and this seems a good way to do it without voiding my warranty. :cool:

xlr8rvette 01-28-2010 01:21 AM

My throttle responce is VERY quick !

EDinPA 01-28-2010 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by wolfdogs (Post 1572898613)
thats pretty pricey!

Originally Posted by knkali (Post 1572902332)
I think this is a signal multiplier. So 1/4 throttle feels like 1/2 throttle ect.

Originally Posted by xlr8rvette (Post 1572902986)
My throttle responce is VERY quick !

So you would be at WOT by say 1/2 peddle travel? You really don't "get" anything more, just loose throttle control and feel. How would this be different than wearing three pairs of socks and work boots and just jamming away at the throttle? :toetap:

brettbolt 01-28-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by EDinPA (Post 1572903158)
So you would be at WOT by say 1/2 peddle travel? You really don't "get" anything more, just loose throttle control and feel. How would this be different than wearing three pairs of socks and work boots and just jamming away at the throttle? :toetap:

:iagree:

If electricity travels at the speed of light, then how does this device get the pedal position to the ECU faster?

Boomer111 01-28-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dado5 (Post 1572895667)

I did not use it much on my M3. For me it was to responsive for around town. I guess though that one could get used to it but I did not give it much of a try. It really did speed throttle response up a lot. Humm for me it is a tough call with the Tq of the LS3.

TKO Performance 01-28-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer111 (Post 1572903818)
I did not use it much on my M3. For me it was to responsive for around town. I guess though that one could get used to it but I did not give it much of a try. It really did speed throttle response up a lot. Humm for me it is a tough call with the Tq of the LS3.

It now has a valet switch which allows you to turn it on/off.

Originally Posted by brettbolt (Post 1572903269)
:iagree:

If electricity travels at the speed of light, then how does this device get the pedal position to the ECU faster?

I does not make electricity/electrons flow faster it helps eliminate the delay by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal for much quicker response.

Its a nifty lil mod. Sprint Booster was awarded the coveted “Best New Performance Street Product,” At SEMA for 2009. Chosen over 1228 other entries.
Not to shabby...

Ed