CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   Willcox Wiper Motor Testing Video done! 68 and 69-72 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/2532338-willcox-wiper-motor-testing-video-done-68-and-69-72-a.html)

Willcox Corvette 02-19-2010 08:06 PM

Willcox Wiper Motor Testing Video done! 68 and 69-72

Ok.. now I've gone and done it.. :smash:

I hope this helps people with motor problems.. I think if you watch this, and download all the info pages off the web site you should be able to fix your motor or at least diagnosis it as the problem. You can find these pages listed under the Repair and Install Help Section of our site. http://www.willcoxcorvette.com

1969-1972

1973-1982 Soon! :D

Willcox Inc. :thumbs:

ksbunting 02-19-2010 08:32 PM

Ernie,
This 68 video is fantastic!!!
Now comes my question: I am old and computer stupid, but is there any way that I can save this video to my computer so I will have it when I need it a year or two from now as I have a 68 Corvette and I would like to save this video for future use.
Thank you,
Kurt

71coupe454 02-19-2010 08:40 PM

This is so cool. I just laid my wiper motor up on my work bench the other day to get it cleaned up and ready to re-install and I thought I sure would like to know if this thing even works right before I go to all this trouble.. its still just laying there.. guess I got no excuse now.. Thanks Ernie! :cheers: :thumbs:

jordan89 02-19-2010 09:32 PM

Great Video:thumbs:. Thanks Ernie:cheers:.

ZL1powr 02-19-2010 10:04 PM

Great video and very timely for me as my wipers just quit working...

Solid LT1 02-19-2010 10:37 PM

GREAT JOB WILCOX my favorite parts supplier!

Willcox Corvette 02-20-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ksbunting (Post 1573160854)
Ernie,
This 68 video is fantastic!!!
Now comes my question: I am old and computer stupid, but is there any way that I can save this video to my computer so I will have it when I need it a year or two from now as I have a 68 Corvette and I would like to save this video for future use.
Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt-

Might cost you a beer or something.. but I can burn them on a disc for you! :D

But.. you won't need that either. We are smack in the middle of a site overhaul and these will all be part of our web site changes.

Ernie

Willcox Corvette 02-20-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 71coupe454 (Post 1573160940)
This is so cool. I just laid my wiper motor up on my work bench the other day to get it cleaned up and ready to re-install and I thought I sure would like to know if this thing even works right before I go to all this trouble.. its still just laying there.. guess I got no excuse now.. Thanks Ernie! :cheers: :thumbs:

Pat..

Might cost you lunch and a few days trying to catch up to me.. :lol:

But run it by the store and I'll put on Frankenmeter for you!

Ernie

ksbunting 02-20-2010 07:31 PM

Ernie,
Tried to PM you; did not work.
Much appreciate the offer for the CD but if you say it is on the website I guess that will work for me too.
Still happy to buy that beer, and much appreciate your help.
Now , how does that beer thing work from Massachusetts to Indiana?
Kurt

Willcox Corvette 02-21-2010 01:12 PM

Kurt-

I'll have it on the site when we are done! As for the beer... I guess an IOU will be good enough.. :D

Ernie

ksbunting 02-23-2010 08:04 PM

Ernie,
An IOU hardly seems like adequate thanks for this video and all the help you have given me and everyone else on this forum.
Thank you very much,
Kurt

Willcox Corvette 02-23-2010 09:36 PM

Kurt.. No problem.

Now if I could just shake this darn cold I have.. I have two more vids in the works.

IOU will do just fine.. unless I wonder up to Carlisle this year. Might be a close call here.. I may be in Alaska Salmon fishing.. :D

E

Willcox Corvette 12-28-2010 08:37 AM

bump

oldsarge 12-28-2010 02:52 PM

Great job Ernie, very helpful, thanks.

OldSarge

Willcox Corvette 12-30-2010 10:09 AM

Thanks Sarge! I usually bump this when the wiper questions start popping up. Even had a buy with a chevelle send me a huge thank you. :thumbs:

Willcox Corvette 11-09-2011 07:09 PM

bump..

tjhphoto 11-10-2011 03:45 PM

Thanks!!!
Does anyone have instructions to rebuild the motor. ( replace the brushes, bearings and clean the armature???

Willcox Corvette 11-10-2011 09:03 PM

There may be something in the Factory Service manual, I'm not sure. But no, there is not an instruction sheet to rebuild the motor.

Willcox

medic1555 11-11-2011 09:20 AM

I recently did an overhaul on my center cluster and console. My wipers worked before but didn't work afterwards. Man, I did not want to tear that thing apart again! Just happened to see this post so I thought I'd take a look at the video and get some idea where my problem may be.

I didn't find the video but I did find the post as to how to test the
wpers. I didn't get but maaybe a paragraph or 2 into the article when I read the part about checking the over ride switch first. I thought...hummm...don't remember ever touching that switch, but worth a look anyway. Yep, sure enough! Switch was on, wipers work fine now.

This is why I only buy my parts from Wilcox!

ToniH 11-11-2011 09:38 AM

Thanks Ernie, used your instructions to troubleshoot my wiper motor last summer. And to my surprice it wasn't broken after all! So, I didn't waste my money on replacement as the problem was somewhere else. Got the necessary parts from Willcox and now my wipers work! :thumbs:

Here is me testing my motor

Now go and make a how to video on how to change the heater motor switch in the center console! I cannot get mine out and I am sure I will break something while trying! ;)