CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   Vancouver Corvette Clubs? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/2535494-vancouver-corvette-clubs.html)

KBoltz 02-24-2010 10:57 AM

Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

Howdy all.

Moving to Vancouver in two and a half weeks. Gary and Jackson have been great helping out on everything, a big Bravo Zulu to them for all their help.

Needed to know the local Vette Clubs web addy to see what events are upcoming. My wife and I both autocross and I also drive HPDE, and she wants to drive those as well.

Should be up there near the end of March. Then to find a place to live with a three car garage. Maybe even a four car garage with a nice 2000 square foot house? It's just the four of us (wife, 9 year old son and his Yellow Lab and myself).

Thanks guys for any and all the help.

Kenny

CanadaGrant 02-24-2010 12:25 PM

Can't help you with the house but the two main corvette clubs in Vancouver are the Riverside Corvette Club and The BC Corvette Club.
www.riversidecorvetteclub.com
www.bccorvetteclub.ca
:cheers:

CTD 02-24-2010 06:51 PM

I'm a few hours from Van.

If you decide to venture to the Okanagan Valley let me know!

Welcome to our place :cheers:

Spinner_89 02-25-2010 08:03 PM

May Long Weekend (22nd/23rd & 24th) is a large Corvette gathering in Kelowna.
It's a nice 4 hour drive (most years) and usually a group from Vancouver comes up.
www.corvetteswest.ca has all of the canadian clubs listed and you can find the Kelowna Corvette Club event there. It's always a great time!! Book your hotel early if you're going to go, as it's a busy weekend in Kelowna.

Also check with Gary (NTMD8R) but I think it's the Porsche club that does a lot fo autocross down in your neck of the woods. (The Corvette Clubs haven't done many autocross's in the past few years.)

pgj98m3 02-27-2010 03:35 PM

HPDE Auto X

I have been a long time member of the BMWCCBC....I wrecked a 98 M3...the BMw club is all inclusive and typically non-BMW's make up close to 50% of any event.
We do an Auto-X like event at Pitt Meadows airport that will give you 20-30 runs...yes 20-30 runs..but is is non-competitive (offically) and does HPDE's at Mission Raceway. Very well run and they have an understanding with ICBC which is why I have a 'vette after putting my BMW into the wall at Mission

searay 07-17-2014 04:19 PM

I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP

sami85L98 07-19-2014 08:22 AM

crap this thread back from dead.....woohooo.

vt65 07-20-2014 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by searay (Post 1587383881)
I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP

sounds like a nice car JP but you would be better off starting a new thread

titanle 07-24-2018 06:07 PM

Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers

Creedence85 07-27-2018 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by titanle (Post 1597660734)
Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers

I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.

Hitesh Sonegra 06-19-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Creedence85 (Post 1597679641)
I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.

New Vette owner here in Vancouver (area). Would love to know if there are local shows or clubs this year. I checked the links and see a few in Kelowna and Alberta but nothing local-ish.