CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest-44/)
-   -   NCCO #43 Spring is Here FINALLY! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/2541228-ncco-43-spring-is-here-finally.html)

c6 batmobile 03-04-2010 04:11 AM

NCCO #43 Spring is Here FINALLY!

Just starting up a new one. Looks like the temps are finally coming up. 50's and 60's through the rest of the week. Looks like spring is well on its way in.

dclafleur 03-04-2010 06:49 AM

Good, now if we can do something about the rain, I can get a driveway put in so that I can take my 'vette out!

c6 batmobile 03-04-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by dclafleur (Post 1573301956)
Good, now if we can do something about the rain, I can get a driveway put in so that I can take my 'vette out!

I hear those things are over rated anyway.

jon c 03-04-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by dclafleur (Post 1573301956)

You don't need no stinkin driveway..............:lol:

FRISKY 03-04-2010 10:38 AM

Good day for a wash and Zaino.

jaygood 03-04-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by FRISKY (Post 1573303801)

:iagree::cheers:

Silverbullet00 03-04-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jaygood (Post 1573304097)
:iagree::cheers:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the offer!:D Going to Californication for a few days. The Silverbullet is in the VetteCave, SWR has the keys!:leaving:

89Corvette6spdFX3 03-04-2010 11:34 AM

Checkin' in.

okie08vette 03-04-2010 12:31 PM

I agree where do I bring the car, will I have to leave it or just wait till it's done?:rofl::rofl:

Bullet Proof 03-04-2010 01:10 PM

anyone going too the lonestar classic? I've never been...but it sounds like a blast!!! Who can resist ripping up the big oval!!!

devon488 03-04-2010 02:20 PM

lafleur-

who did you go through to get your interior parts and was it a pain to do it yourself?? do you mind if i ask what the cost for parts was around?

i was thinking about just gettin someone else to do it because i dont have all my tools here. but if it was pretty easy and could get done with my little 120 piece set then it might be nice to finally save a few hundred.

sorry guys dont know how to pm yet...working on it...

okie08vette 03-04-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by devon488 (Post 1573306125)
lafleur-

who did you go through to get your interior parts and was it a pain to do it yourself?? do you mind if i ask what the cost for parts was around?

i was thinking about just gettin someone else to do it because i dont have all my tools here. but if it was pretty easy and could get done with my little 120 piece set then it might be nice to finally save a few hundred.

My two cents,
When I did my C3 I used Corvette Central and Ecklers mainly for the missing pieces. I took all my plastic piece's out of the car cleaned them up and repainted them with vinyl paint then reinstalled, very cheap method to make them look really good. Of course some piece's were broken, or I broke them getting them out so those I had to purchase but it was just a few pieces. There are not any special tools needed so you should be fine with what you have. I did not attempt to recover my seats I had that done by Corvette Central also just shipped them the seats and got them back in a couple weeks ready to reinstall.
While the seats were off I also got my seat belts from a company called SSnake Oyl, http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

okie08vette 03-04-2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bullet Proof (Post 1573305402)
anyone going too the lonestar classic? I've never been...but it sounds like a blast!!! Who can resist ripping up the big oval!!!

We have a large group going down, the group has been going for a few years but this year will be my first time.
http://www.lonestarcorvette.com/page_sub.php?page_id=23
I think there is a thread somewhere with the list of who is going.

Silverbullet00 03-04-2010 02:52 PM

Bullet Proof!:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ic-21-a-3.html

jaygood 03-04-2010 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bullet Proof (Post 1573305402)

It's a blast. Book your room now. We roll out of Norman on that Friday morning May 14

c6 batmobile 03-04-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jaygood (Post 1573306586)
It's a blast. Book your room now. We roll out of Norman on that Friday morning May 14

:bs Understated.

Its freaking awesome. You getta drink beer smoke cigars and eat sleep talk and look at vettes and race for 3-4 days. Its like dying and going to heaven.

dclafleur 03-04-2010 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by devon488 (Post 1573306125)
lafleur-

No worries, It wasn't bad doing the interior myself. You'll mostly use a Phillips screwdriver.

As for saving money, can't make any promises there, the carpet cost a hair over $400, I paid extra for the heavier duty mass backed carpet. I shopped around like crazy but Wilcox corvette had the best price at the time plus they frequently offer forum discounts as well as hold decent sales. I bought an interior screw kit from Mid American Motorworks for $25.00. The new leather shift boot and console cover cost $75 from Redline goods (another forum sponsor) the shift boot was great, the arm rest cover is so so, I'd say look at some other ones. The seat covers were a gift but they also are from Mid America, they're just slip on covers but look pretty good, they were a gift but you can find the prices online same deal with the floormats.

To glue the carpet that needed to be glued on I used 3m Weatherstrip adhesive. I've heard it referred to as gorilla snot, the big thing is it works. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

XSPOWER 03-04-2010 08:08 PM

Yea, intake is sold:willy::willy:
Now to call A&A and finish the install:smiliedrool::smiliedrool::smilie drool::smiliedrool:

c6 batmobile 03-04-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by XSPOWER (Post 1573309974)
Yea, intake is sold:willy::willy:
Now to call A&A and finish the install:smiliedrool::smiliedrool::smilie drool::smiliedrool:

So you're gettin one of them polished snails huh? Nice.

I missed the winter mod season and now Im deploying but Im doing some research on exactly what Im going to add to my N/A power house. The FAST manifold will be here in the next day or two and then its where to go from there. So much stuff to pick from I wish I could do it all.

jon c 03-04-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile (Post 1573308699)
:bs Understated.

Its freaking awesome. You getta drink beer smoke cigars and eat sleep talk and look at vettes and race for 3-4 days. Its like dying and going to heaven.

everything above is correct except the sleep I dont remember much of that:lol: