CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   Forum event in Orlando (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/258122-forum-event-in-orlando.html)

Hutch 03-15-2002 06:14 PM

Forum event in Orlando

How many folks in the Central Florida area would be up for a little social get together (for members across ALL Forums) in Orlando on Friday, April 26th? (NOT Apr 19th as previously posted)

George (BLACK_MAGIC) is going to be visiting O-Town that week and the two of us thought we could throw something together to give folks a chance to put a face with a user-name.

We thought about meeting up at the Race Rock or NASCAR cafe for dinner, but traffic on Friday afternoon/evening can be a nightmare so how about something a bit more laid back?

Here's the current plan... meet at Roger's Corvette Center in Maitland (north Orlando) between 4 - 5 PM. We can visit and oogle over the cars in his showroom, and then head down to the lake behind his property for some good old fashioned BBQ. Its a great spot for photos, too, so we'll organize a few banner shots and group photos for those that can bring their Corvettes. We probably won't eat until 6 or so.

After we eat those so inclined might head out to a local club or the drag strip later on. It should be a nice way to bring the week to a close and do some socializing or bench racing. But no donuts in the parking lot, please. :)

Right now, all I'm looking for is a virtual hand count of how many think they would probably attend. We'll pick up an assortment of BBQ from Smokey Bones in Orlando along with a variety of liquid refreshment and ask attendees to pay their share. I'd think $10 a head ought to cover it but we'll check.

This invite is open to members of all the various Corvette-related forums. No politics here, gang, just fun! :cool:

Please EMAIL me privately at hutch@hashmarks.com if you think you might be able to attend. We'll confirm with everyone when we get closer to the date. :cheers:

[Modified by Z06VERT, 1:18 PM 3/19/2002]

cesar 03-15-2002 06:21 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (Z06VERT)

I am from miami i will drive up sounds like a plan

Mean Green 03-15-2002 06:23 PM

I might be able to do that....I haven't seen George in a while :D :cheers:

Black68Vette 03-15-2002 06:25 PM

I'll try, but theres no telling with my schedule if I can make it for sure this far in advance...

Larry B. 03-15-2002 07:00 PM

Have you ever tried to get from the south side of Orlando to Maitland at rush hour?.... I do not get home from work until 4:00 and My wife works until 4:30 .... Why not do this on Saturday? :confused: :rolleyes:

[Modified by silvervetteman, 5:02 PM 3/15/2002]

Hutch 03-15-2002 08:10 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (silvervetteman)

silvervetteman -- 2 reasons: (1) Friday is the day that George was available and (2) I'm planning it, not you. ;)

If you can make it, great. If not, we'll catch ya next time. :cheers:

Springer's LT4 03-15-2002 08:20 PM

I don't think I can do a Friday... take me way to long to get there. :(

Larry B. 03-15-2002 08:32 PM

You can have it at 12:00 non on wednesday if you want to but you are eliminating those that work normal hours. No offense intended. I would love to attend But......I would also like to bring my wife.

Hutch 03-15-2002 08:48 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (silvervetteman)

Good idea. We'll have lunch on Wednesday, too. :)

Dude! It's only a BBQ. George was coming to town and we wanted to have dinner together so we've just invited a few of our friends (*you*). It ain't Carlisle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warp70 03-15-2002 09:07 PM

Well since I live 10 minutes from Rogers........and I'm a hell of a guy that everyone should have a chance to meet...........I think I can make your guys day and attend :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just kidding about the hell of guy thing, I'm really the :reddevil , but it does sound like a good time.....soooooooo tentatively pencil me in and I think $10 bucks or so is more than fair. :cheers:

Peach 03-15-2002 09:25 PM

How many folks in the Central Florida area would be up for a little social get together (for members across ALL Forums) in Orlando on Friday, April 19th?

George (BLACK_MAGIC) is going to be visiting O-Town that week and the two of us thought we could throw something together to give folks a chance to put a face with a user-name.

We thought about meeting up at the Race Rock or NASCAR cafe for dinner, but traffic on Friday afternoon/evening can be a nightmare so how about something a bit more laid back?

Here's the current plan... meet at Roger's Corvette Center in Maitland (north Orlando) between 4 - 5 PM. We can visit and oogle over the cars in his showroom, and then head down to the lake behind his property for some good old fashioned BBQ. Its a great spot for photos, too, so we'll organize a few banner shots and group photos for those that can bring their Corvettes. We probably won't eat until 6 or so.

After we eat those so inclined might head out to a local club or the drag strip later on. It should be a nice way to bring the week to a close and do some socializing or bench racing. But no donuts in the parking lot, please. :)

Right now, all I'm looking for is a virtual hand count of how many think they would probably attend. We'll pick up an assortment of BBQ from Smokey Bones in Orlando along with a variety of liquid refreshment and ask attendees to pay their share. I'd think $10 a head ought to cover it but we'll check.

This invite is open to members of all the various Corvette-related forums. No politics here, gang, just fun! :cool:

Please EMAIL me privately at hutch@hashmarks.com if you think you might be able to attend. We'll confirm with everyone when we get closer to the date. :cheers:

This ought to be good. Hutch, As you know, I'll be there, but seems to be a cloud of apathy that lurks over Orlando. Apart from your guys that Im tying up with later, no response for Sebring.....Im sure we can get some interest a little nearer the time. I will conform tha out front parking at Race Rock.

Larry B. 03-15-2002 09:26 PM

Maybe I'll just come right from work and give my wife a little time to herself! :cool: :yesnod:

Hutch 03-15-2002 09:46 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (Peach)

I will conform tha out front parking at Race Rock.
Peach dude! Read the post! We ain't doing Race Rock, we're just having a BBQ out back of Roger's. Guess we could tool down there later on, though. Whatcha think?

Fuzzy Dice 03-15-2002 10:22 PM

Sounds like a plan to me... I'll try to be there... :cheers:

GrandSportC3 03-16-2002 12:10 AM

If the weather is nice I might drive there. It's only 230 miles from Miami!!

:cheers:

Olivier

454Big 03-16-2002 04:47 PM

Is there a trophy for the "long distance travel"??? :D

Iīm on vacation in Florida exactly this weekend and if you donīt mind to meet a kraut from Germany I would very much like to show up!

Any closer directions where to go to???

Warp70 03-16-2002 06:46 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (454Big)

Is there a trophy for the "long distance travel"??? :D

Iīm on vacation in Florida exactly this weekend and if you donīt mind to meet a kraut from Germany I would very much like to show up!

Any closer directions where to go to???
We can meet up and I'll show you the way big Guy!!!!!!!!

Black_Magic 03-17-2002 09:00 AM

The wife Karen and I will be there for sure :) :)

Peach 03-17-2002 09:13 AM

I will conform tha out front parking at Race Rock.

Peach dude! Read the post! We ain't doing Race Rock, we're just having a BBQ out back of Roger's. Guess we could tool down there later on, though. Whatcha think?

I need glasses....... :crazy:

Hutch 03-17-2002 01:24 PM

Re: Forum event in Orlando (454Big)

No trophies, Frank, but if there were you'd be a winner, for sure! Glad to have you join us.

More info will be forthcoming, but here's a link to a map and directions:

[Modified by Z06VERT, 12:25 PM 3/17/2002]