CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   A new generation of girls and vettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/2623271-a-new-generation-of-girls-and-vettes.html)

gdh@rcpinc 06-23-2010 05:32 PM

A new generation of girls and vettes

Hello all, just thought I would share some findings between my friends and I over the last couple days. A couple buddies of mine were talking about how girls seem less interested in what a guy drives than they used to, so we went about asking them for input. We showed about thirty of our female friends pictures of 4 cars with no details. 1.black c6 z06, 2.red 87 ferrari testarossa (dads car), 3.red 71 vette (my car), and 4. 2009 white subaru wrx wagon (friends car). The results were favorable for vettes in general, but still depressing hah. The undoubted winner was the black z06 with black tint and rims. The subaru was far from the z06, but came in a clear second :toetap:. The stingray and testarossa both fared poorly. The stingray actually edged out the testarossa though. The most interesting results were that about five girls called the stingray an "old ferrari" haha. Luckily most of you all on the board are married, but maybe I'll pass on picking up my next date in the vette. I chose my vette because its the car I want, not to impress others, but was still surprised nonetheless that I got beat out by a station wagon. Any input from the rest of the board?lol

Corey_68 06-23-2010 05:38 PM

It's no shocker women are attracted to money...

They probably associated the new Corvette as "expensive" thus the skewed results...

joewill 06-23-2010 06:11 PM

you are right, i am not looking for any babes, I am already married....

you will find the older the lady is, then the less it matters to them about the car,body, size, money, amount of hair etc...

the younger you are, the more you care about what others think of you..

if I am out hot dogging my car, i am doing it alone and out in rural areas, not at a stop light with my wife on board..

jordan89 06-23-2010 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Corey_68 (Post 1574487042)
It's no shocker women are attracted to money...

They probably associated the new Corvette as "expensive" thus the skewed results...

:iagree:

Roughrider 06-23-2010 09:46 PM

I remember what a friend with a Vette many years ago told me..."The car will get the girls to get in with you...it's up to you to keep them there!"

onaqwst 06-23-2010 10:06 PM

i tend to pull ladies with the character of myself and not of my car.....just saying....if you can make a lady laugh and feel comfortable, she is yours....

theother_bob 06-23-2010 10:27 PM

I guess the same applies to our cars if you think about it. ;) ha

Father N Son 06-23-2010 11:51 PM

you say women might not be attracted to a c3, but i was walking into a restaurant with my girlfriend. and some lady walking out said " woah that stingray looks promising"

to hear any woman say something like that amazes me, especially since my vette is a beater =[

imdawrlus 06-23-2010 11:59 PM

its pretty depressing but in my experience its the guys that comment on the car the most. about ten fold i'd say.

sfallison 06-24-2010 09:08 AM

When we were meeting at Red Neck Heaven (Lewisville,TX), I had no problems getting the waitresses to pose on my Vette! They loved it!

ghoastrider1 06-24-2010 10:07 AM

you buy the car you love for your enjoyment, heck with what others think. Girls like it , so much the better. Biggest "ladies" attractor I had was an old 51, panhead, chopper...had some ladies flag me down for a ride..but that was in the 80s, lol. Second one was an old 48 CJ-2A Willys jeep,when I lived out in Colorado,where I got out of the army.The ladies were very easily talked into taking a 4 wheel drive up into the mountians. lol.

Easy Mike 06-24-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by gdh@rcpinc (Post 1574486983)
...girls seem less interested in what a guy drives than they used to...

What makes you think the ladies were ever interested in what you were driving?

:)

Xanthophyll 06-24-2010 03:51 PM

A *shocking* study that women find drivers of expensive cars more attractive. This is certainly news to me!

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...ore-attractive

builder 06-24-2010 04:30 PM

Maybe you should have pictures of women in different color bikinis and ask which bikini they like the best.

bobbarry 06-24-2010 04:59 PM

I get lots of comments and compliments about how my car looks; all from middle-aged guys, though.

One notable exception was when I brought my wife to get an iced coffee from a Dunkin Donuts. She got out, and I backed into a space directly across from the drive-up window. I didn't actually see the young girls working that window, but I could sort-of hear what they said they would like done to them on the back of my Stingray...

:crazy:

baxsom 06-24-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobbarry (Post 1574497426)
I get lots of comments and compliments about how my car looks; all from middle-aged guys, though.

One notable exception was when I brought my wife to get an iced coffee from a Dunkin Donuts. She got out, and I backed into a space directly across from the drive-up window. I didn't actually see the young girls working that window, but I could sort-of hear what they said they would like done to them on the back of my Stingray...

:crazy:

your stingray has a back?

j-vette 06-24-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Xanthophyll (Post 1574496646)
A *shocking* study that women find drivers of expensive cars more attractive. This is certainly news to me!

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...ore-attractive

:lol:

bobbarry 06-24-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by baxsom (Post 1574498248)
your stingray has a back?

Um, yeah; the flat part between the window and the spoiler lip:

http://drbob.tqhosting.com/corvette/...20(Medium).JPG

FWIW, my neighbor (another middle-age guy) loves the look of the car; his comment is "Man, your car has one sweet @ss..."

and I have to agree, especially compared to the C5's and even C6's, which seem to have "spread" out a bit, just like even the nicest looking girl can tend to do in her late-fifties... I just consider mine frozen in time at the perfect age. :D

CoolShark 06-24-2010 08:42 PM

I've had a number of attractive young women coo, "Ooh, can I take a picture?" I'm not so stupid that I think it's me they're talking about. C-3's are still cool.

Goody 06-24-2010 09:18 PM

My 18 yr old daughters girl friends seem to gravitate more towards the Z06 than the C3, yet the C3 will surely pass the C5 in value pretty soon... I should paint the C3 red and see if the data gets skewed.:rofl: