CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   ALMS race Salt lake city (possible spoilers) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2635955-alms-race-salt-lake-city-possible-spoilers.html)

dvandentop 07-11-2010 11:44 PM

ALMS race Salt lake city (possible spoilers)

anyone else watch today??

way to get Jan to work it back up to 3rd. That was a lame stop and go penalty for them for running over the air hose after it was put down on the ground.

also the #4 pretty much was hosed once that fuel pump went out in the 1st few laps.

F4Gary 07-12-2010 01:04 AM

Yet, when all is said and done, they still ran over their air hose. The idiot the pulled it out was supposed to make sure it stays out of the way. That's his assigned duty. Corvette Racing continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Glad Jan was able to get back to a podium finish.

Joy of 6 07-12-2010 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by F4Gary (Post 1574667649)
Yet, when all is said and done, they still ran over their air hose. The idiot the pulled it out was supposed to make sure it stays out of the way. That's his assigned duty. Corvette Racing continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Glad Jan was able to get back to a podium finish.

Jan did a great pass on (Joey Hand?) the BMW he was chasing

Everett Ogilvie 07-12-2010 09:07 AM

Corvette Racing is making WAY too many mistakes this year - nothing like the old team. Every race it is something.

L98Terror 07-12-2010 09:28 AM

Maybe there's a little more pressure when you are actually racing someone

gbvette62 07-12-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by L98Terror (Post 1574669112)
Maybe there's a little more pressure when you are actually racing someone

:iagree:My thoughts exactly.

When they don't break, they seem to screw up on pit road. Either way, they rarely look all that competitive. The only thing they've been able to win lately is the "Green Challenge", big deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad see them out there competing, but something needs to be done to make them more competitive.

dvandentop 07-12-2010 10:56 AM

big dissappointment for sure

Painrace 07-12-2010 11:06 AM

No Katech engines = NO WINS! :crazy:

Then, stupid mistakes on top! :leaving:

Jim

shakedown067 07-12-2010 11:21 AM

I blame it on the goofy silver crap on the side of the car. That and lots of pit mistakes. They'll work the bugs out. It's just one of those, everything goes wrong, kind of years.

BrianCunningham 07-12-2010 03:18 PM

beats a parade lap any day.

RAAMaudio 07-12-2010 08:14 PM

I was there, to loud to hear the PA, to far away to see the pit mistake, etc....but watching the lap after lap chase then finally getting by, that was very nice to see when Jan came by ahead of the BMW:)

Considering the short time in this series, not doing to badly, but then again as much as they spend???

Everett Ogilvie 07-12-2010 09:04 PM

I for one am comparing their current "team" performance to their prior "team" performance - not how fast or slow the cars are, but how they execute their plans/strategy/pit work etc. They are a world class team and have been for years, but they are not executing like one this year (just my opinion).