CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Tire Rack Experience (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2639164-tire-rack-experience.html)

Wallly 07-16-2010 11:26 AM

Tire Rack Experience

I drove over a screwdriver bit 2 days ago and had to order a new pair of tires (General Exclaim UHP's) from TireRack.com yesterday. Well, I was bummed that I would probably miss a week of summer driving, but to my suprise, they arrived today! I think I got a good price at $340 shipped and that was with the cheapest shipping available (UPS ground). I have ordered from them before with good results, but 1 day shipping is fantastic. I think they owe that to having a lot of distribution centers around the country. That's all, just thought they deserved some kudos.

Now I can look forward to a smoother rider from my switch to non-Run-Flat tires.

Vetteman Jack 07-16-2010 11:36 AM

I've ordered once from Tire Rack and got great service. I plan to order my next set of tires from them too. :thumbs:

whitesmokels1 07-16-2010 11:38 AM

Same here. I ordered a pair a month ago with standard shipping and got them the next day.

japc5 07-16-2010 12:11 PM

I've ordered multiple times and always had delivery within two days, awesome service and distribution.

romeospete 07-16-2010 12:34 PM

I always order tires from Tire Rack. I live in Illinois and usually get them within two days from their Indiana facility. Always have had a great experience with them. Prices are great also!

Drumss 07-16-2010 12:48 PM

:iagree:

I likewise have only had good experiences with Tire Rack... highly recommended...

gorghamak 07-16-2010 12:50 PM

same here:iagree:

Cheech Wizard 07-16-2010 01:11 PM

:iagree: They're like Newegg, they really hustle your order to your door fast! :thumbs:

corvettedaddy11 07-16-2010 01:32 PM

Tire Rack is tha sh@t!!!:thumbs:

capevettes 07-16-2010 01:45 PM

I buy all my newer car tires from them. Great prices and they get here quick. I like the website as well. You can compare tires for your vehicle and read feedback from the people that have purchased a particular tire.

TrakJunky 07-16-2010 01:48 PM

Dont know what kind of driving you do but in my experience the exclaim UHP is garbage and a flimsy tire. I tried them twice (shoulda learned my lesson) and both times had massive sidewall flex and they felt like a rubber bands twisting under my car. I had to pump them up to around 50PSI to get some kind of road feel. Maybe theyve improved the design by now as this was about 3 years ago. Just saying what i remember about the tire.

But the tire rack is the business when it comes to geting you back on the road fast!

cammedvette 07-16-2010 02:06 PM

Tire rack is awesome for customer service!!!
And I went to General Exclaim UHP's about a year ago..IMHO they are really great tires for the money. Mine hook really good on launch and are a marked improvement over the run flats they replaced as far as road hugging, ride quality and road noise goes. Just waiting to see how they wear before I sing their praises all out! Definitly not garbage as from previous poster. Sounds as though he preferrs the harsh jarring ride of runflats or something.

srs244 07-16-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack (Post 1574716049)
I've ordered once from Tire Rack and got great service. I plan to order my next set of tires from them too. :thumbs:

:iagree:me too! great consumer experience.

01magnetic01 07-16-2010 05:05 PM

I had a great experience with the Tire Rack, bought some Hankooks that they had to ship from Indiana, great communication and first class service from Americas Tire Store for mounting and balancing. :thumbs:

Armycop 07-16-2010 05:11 PM

Can't believe my Hoosier R6's were cheaper ($331) per tire than street tires! Also got them from TireRack; on my door two days after the order.

Marine One 07-16-2010 06:06 PM

I ordered a set of tires for my wife's Dodge Magnum from Tirerack. The shop doing the install used a Hunter GSP9700 road force balancer, and determined that one tire was defective. I called them, and they sent a replacement out the same day. They covered the shipping for the new tire and return of the defective tire, and covered my mounting & balancing costs. Can't ask for anything more!

clydeyb 07-16-2010 06:39 PM

When you buy tires from Tire Rack how or who installs and balances? How does it work? Tire Rack contracts with various tire companies, they suggest places for you, how oes it work?

Edmond 07-16-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by clydeyb (Post 1574720249)
When you buy tires from Tire Rack how or who installs and balances? How does it work? Tire Rack contracts with various tire companies, they suggest places for you, how oes it work?

You can have the tires shipped to yourself or you can have them shipped to the installer. Who you have install your tires is all who you prefer.

I had mine shipped to a dealer a friend works for.

You pay Tire Rack for your tires and pay the installer to install them.

I recently went with the General UHP's about 2 weeks ago. I've put about 1,000 miles on them so far. Can't really compare but they seem to hook pretty well. I went with them over the Wide Ovals because they had a higher wear rating.

To me, the biggest PITA was finding an installer that didn't want to charge me what I felt was too much. One place wanted $60 per tire.:nono:

BSE1956 07-16-2010 08:12 PM

I have not ordered Vette tires yet, but ordered lotsa others for years.
When they ship from Delaware warehouse, I get UPS or Fed Ex ground the next day.
Gotta love Tire Rack.

oneshot 07-16-2010 08:34 PM

:iagree: With everyone above that has had fast shipping from Tirerack and good experiences with General Exclaims. Great company to do business with.