CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/264758-any-word-on-the-tt-kit-from-a-r-e.html)

Phil97SVT 03-25-2002 04:03 PM

Any word on the TT kit from A R E?

Has anyone heard any new information on the twin turbo kit that ARE is working on right now?

GR8-LIFE 03-25-2002 04:59 PM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (Phil97SVT)

Last I heard is testing is being done on a new cast-iron manifold and that is the only remaining issue. But I don't want to bug him anymore about it.
I figure when it gets done it gets done and if it wasn't going to work he probably would have trashed the project by now 'cause its been 10 months since he first announced it.

VERTVETTE 03-26-2002 01:36 AM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (Ha-Ha)

:cheers:

intel55 03-26-2002 01:52 AM

Halltech is also supposed to be developing a TT. They are "supposed" to show some pics on the development this wekk. :cheers:

rwj383 03-26-2002 07:31 AM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (intel55)

i talked to ARE 2 weeks ago. they are also perfecting their twin 255lph in-tank fuel pump setup that is a direct swap with original sending unit. this is very likely part of the TT package they're putting togethr. they said in a month or so the fuel pump would be available.

GR8-LIFE 03-26-2002 01:41 PM

Halltech is also supposed to be developing a TT. They are "supposed" to show some pics on the development this wekk. :cheers:
The Halteltech is for (LS6) Z06's only - I am certain of this. I know this sounds strange but I've communicated with him a few times on this and he said that there is a plan for the LS1 but for now its the LS6 which this system is exclusively designed for. :confused: :confused:

Mag Red Monster 03-26-2002 09:36 PM

There is a pic of the ARE TT on their web site now :yesnod:

[Modified by Mag Red Monster, 7:36 PM 3/26/2002]

intel55 03-26-2002 10:15 PM

The Halteltech is for (LS6) Z06's only - I am certain of this. I know this sounds strange but I've communicated with him a few times on this and he said that there is a plan for the LS1 but for now its the LS6 which this system is exclusively designed for. :confused: :confused:
Yeah I heard that and it confuses me. I have no idea what he is talking about. The LS6 is essentially the same engine, with higher compression, faster burn heads, etc. but still the same thing. There is no reason that I can think of that you cannot put "his" TT on a LS1. In fact my engine, which is NOT a LS1 ahah would be even better suited (6.0 block and LQ9 heads awaiting to be put in :D). I think I basically have a silverado eninge in my Vette haa :crazy: :crazy:

Gonna watch for Halltech and ARE's TT... :cheers:

GR8-LIFE 03-26-2002 10:39 PM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (Mag Red Monster)

The C5 TT pics on ARE's WEBSITE have been on the site since shortly after the initial announcement which occurred back in May '01. Actually, a few of the thumbs were updated a couple of months after the first announcement but they are at least 6 months old.

However, I do understand them to be pretty much how it will look. Again, there are just one or 2 loose ends that Nick is trying to tie up.

GR8-LIFE 03-26-2002 10:45 PM

Yeah I heard that and it confuses me. I have no idea what he is talking about. The LS6 is essentially the same engine, with higher compression, faster burn heads, etc. but still the same thing. There is no reason that I can think of that you cannot put "his" TT on a LS1. In fact my engine, which is NOT a LS1 ahah would be even better suited (6.0 block and LQ9 heads awaiting to be put in :D). I think I basically have a silverado eninge in my Vette haa :crazy: :crazy:

Gonna watch for Halltech and ARE's TT... :cheers:
Yea, I don't get it either. But I would opt for ARE's TT before anyone else's's, unless LPE drops his price about 30%. Even then, Nick is planning on setting up a distribution channel of several Tuners in the U.S. (one of which is not far from me) to warranty the Kit. With LPE, it has to go back to Indiana should something go wrong, although it is the most proven TT kit for the C5 out there

Rx7Rob 03-27-2002 07:59 AM

Starting to sound like you're on the payroll :-o

Just kidding.

Yea, I don't get it either. But I would opt for ARE's TT before anyone else's's, unless LPE drops his price about 30%. Even then, Nick is planning on setting up a distribution channel of several Tuners in the U.S. (one of which is not far from me) to warranty the Kit. With LPE, it has to go back to Indiana should something go wrong, although it is the most proven TT kit for the C5 out there

GR8-LIFE 03-27-2002 10:38 AM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (Rx7Rob)

Starting to sound like you're on the payroll :-o

lol! Wish I was - I could get a huge discount.

Phil97SVT 03-27-2002 11:09 AM

Thanks for the all of the great posts. I wish they would get their butt in gear so I can get one of the first kits. Filling my nitrous bottle just isnt fun anymore while a turbo would full time fun. :crazy: After having a turbo car and seeing what different intercoolers and small amounts of boost do to a motor I got the fever. :cuss Lets all hope the kits will be available in the next 6 months.

GR8-LIFE 03-27-2002 11:19 AM

Filling my nitrous bottle just isnt fun anymore while a turbo would full time fun. :crazy: .
It gets old quick, doesn't it? I had a T/A in the 80's with the juice. Really nice in the begining, But i got tired of the all or nothing WOT deal (especially when the ground is just a little wet form a recent rain) and refills. I'm glad I sold it before anything serious happened. It was nice to experience though.

As far as you hoping that these kits will be being available in the next 6 months, unless a project get trashed, I have no doubt 1 or 2 of these will be ready by then.

[Modified by Ha-Ha, 10:22 AM 3/27/2002]

Nick Agostino 03-31-2002 11:03 PM

Just found this section guys! Manifolds are almost ready! Then testing we go, lots of time into this one!

Phil97SVT 04-01-2002 02:09 PM

Re: Any word on the TT kit from A R E? (Nick Agostino)

Just found this section guys! Manifolds are almost ready! Then testing we go, lots of time into this one!
:eek: Looks like my Nitrous and Long tube headers will be hitting the parts trader sooner than I thought. Nick, What turbos are you going to use in the kit? My initial thoughts were that Full Garrett T04's would kick butt with some 40mm gates on each side. Drop some information on the kit if you have a few minutes. TIA. :yesnod: