CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   Transportation for Wounded Wariors Temecula Fundraiser Event (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/2658627-transportation-for-wounded-wariors-temecula-fundraiser-event.html)

brucemc 08-13-2010 12:03 AM

Transportation for Wounded Wariors Temecula Fundraiser Event

na na

Joe aka - KODAK 08-13-2010 01:04 AM

I currently have two Corvettes with Vets in them going to the event - we plan to meet at the 76 Gas Station on Hidden Valley off the 15 just North of the 91 - time has nor been set.

Anyone wanting to join our group plase let me know - I can get Disabled Veterans to ride with you - butt - I need to know how many cars I'll have that need Vets - PLEASE let me know as soon as you can. :flag:

Wildmanht 08-13-2010 04:30 PM

Im in. Me and my 08 Vert. I am in Rancho Cucamonga so the meeting place at the 15 and 91 is perfect for me. If there is a vet local to me, I would be happy to pick them up.

Joe aka - KODAK 08-13-2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wildmanht (Post 1575002567)
Im in. Me and my 08 Vert. I am in Rancho Cucamonga so the meeting place at the 15 and 91 is perfect for me. If there is a vet local to me, I would be happy to pick them up.

Bill - I'm going to plan on the Vets meeting us at the 76 - just to make it easier - I'll have one for your car = much appreciated!

stano 08-14-2010 05:43 PM

ttt

Varmit 08-14-2010 07:00 PM

Put me down as well. Just let me know when and where, will be getting guys up from San Diego

Poppy's Vette 08-14-2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Varmit (Post 1575012178)
Put me down as well. Just let me know when and where, will be getting guys up from San Diego

I will wait to be "assigned" by Varmit but am still planning to be involved as part of the San Diego contingency.

crazyfrank 08-14-2010 09:13 PM

got 1 vette looking for a vet. im in covina but will drive where ever you need me to..... crazycrazyfrank@hotmail.com.....thxs :thumbs:

vbjimbo 08-15-2010 01:05 AM

I originally offered to be part of this event, but unfortunately my plans have changed and I will be in London on the 11th. I will work with Joe to see if there is anything else that I can do.

brucemc 08-15-2010 01:40 PM

ttt

BGC5Vette 08-16-2010 01:58 AM

I will be driving my 2000 convertible
Rick will drive his 1999 FRC

BGC5Vette 08-16-2010 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Wildmanht (Post 1575002567)

I haven't heard anything from this end about getting the word to the wounded warrior coordinator. my idea was to pick up the soldiers at the base but this idea might go to a plan witch I don't have a clue yet. Hopefully we will hear from someone. A few earlier said they wee going to ask someone in the program.

Wildmanht 08-16-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by BGC5Vette (Post 1575023734)
I haven't heard anything from this end about getting the word to the wounded warrior coordinator. my idea was to pick up the soldiers at the base but this idea might go to a plan witch I don't have a clue yet. Hopefully we will hear from someone. A few earlier said they wee going to ask someone in the program.

According to Joe/Kodak in an above response to my post, I will go to the 76 station at the 15 and 91 unless something changes.

WCC Royce 08-16-2010 06:01 PM

Of course I have stated before that if anyone is interested in meeting here at West Coast Corvettes and go is more than welcome. PM me so I know what kind of number we are dealing with. If i am not working I will donate my ride for this event! :thumbs:

vettenevodrvr 08-16-2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by WCC Royce (Post 1575029987)
Of course I have stated before that if anyone is interested in meeting here at West Coast Corvettes and go is more than welcome. PM me so I know what kind of number we are dealing with. If i am not working I will donate my ride for this event! :thumbs:

I had suggested to Stano that those who are coming from the Orange County and Long Beach/LA area should meet at West Coast Corvette and we all can head down to where we should pick up the Wounded Warriors. Since I am coming from HB, your place is perfect for me.

WCC Royce 08-17-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by vettenevodrvr (Post 1575032506)
I had suggested to Stano that those who are coming from the Orange County and Long Beach/LA area should meet at West Coast Corvette and we all can head down to where we should pick up the Wounded Warriors. Since I am coming from HB, your place is perfect for me.

:thumbs: sounds good. Once again have folks PM me or at least get a number so that we can plan for the turnout!

BGC5Vette 08-18-2010 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by WCC Royce (Post 1575029987)

I thought the idea is for the OC and long beach cars will meet at WCC.

stano 08-18-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BGC5Vette (Post 1575044605)

I'm not sure if I can help with clarification on meeting locations but until I hear from the Balboa Medical Center, I have no confirmation on any wounded warriors that need to be picked up. Of course I'm hoping that will change once I hear something.

Wish I had more to add...

I appreciate everyone getting behind this and helping out any way you can :flag:

Stano

WCC Royce 08-18-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by BGC5Vette (Post 1575044605)

That is the idea and we welcome everyone... I would just like to have an idea of how many will be meeting here that way we are prepared with the right amount of coffee and whatnot for everyone :thumbs:

Varmit 08-18-2010 11:43 PM

Could someone please send me the details of this event. Is it just a fundraising situation, or an event actually taking place. There are numerous guys in San Diego who want to contribute, but we have no idea what is taking place. Could someone get info to me

thanks

Benny