CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Mild to Wild battery life issues?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2662853-mild-to-wild-battery-life-issues.html)

Undy 08-19-2010 11:33 AM

Mild to Wild battery life issues??

My 2 Mild to Wild FOBs tend to eat batteries quicker than I think they should. Even without use the batteries are going dead in 3 to 6 months. I think they should go longer than that. I even moved them from the center console to the glove box thinking it might be a heat induced issue but they still go belly up around the same time. The batteries I install are all new, usually (not always though) from Radio Shack.

Is anyone else having problems with too short of battery life??

cyber gray 08-19-2010 12:47 PM

I keep mine in the cup holder and have had it for four months so far no problems.

DustyDan 08-19-2010 01:03 PM

I have had mine 18 months without problems. Now the fob for the car is a different story. It is on its 2nd battery and becoming intermittent again

JoesC5 08-19-2010 01:17 PM

I keep my remote in the cup holder. Just changed the battery after 24 months.

AFVETTE 08-19-2010 01:21 PM

The original batteries in mine lasted less than 3 months, after finding and buying replacement batteries I'm hoping for the best. Right now I'm going on 6 months with the new batteries.

Tom

skudlw 08-19-2010 06:16 PM

Mine lasted about 3 years. Both FOBs went dead at the same time. Got 2 new batteries from Radio Shack.

ufaj26 08-19-2010 06:46 PM

I've had the same M2W for about four years only changed the batteries out one time about a year ago

tonypittman 08-19-2010 10:16 PM

8+ months. No issues...yet.

flatout vette 08-20-2010 12:42 AM

Three years and no problems yet.

hamta 08-20-2010 12:52 AM

Three years here too. I keep the remote in the center console. So maybe th heat helps!!! (j/k)

No problems so far.

talon90 08-20-2010 08:10 AM

We do see some variation in the fob battery life. We found that often the fobs button get depressed easily if the fob is stored in your pocket or anyplace where the buttons come in contact with other objects. Sometimes just in shipping the unit could be packed in such a way that the buttons get depressed and you will see a short battery life.

Also sometimes it’s just the contacts in the fob and that can be easily resolved by removing the screw and cleaning / tightening the contacts. If you have a volt meter the battery should be 12.3 vdc or better. Good news is mild2wild comes with a spare FOB and the batteries are type A27 most any car audio store has them as they are used in alarm and remote start systems. We have the batteries if needed 2 for $5 including shipping.

You can find them on the Mild 2 Wild page on my website (just above the "Old School" option.

http://www.theredlion.us/M2W.htm

JoesC5 08-20-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1575066857)
We do see some variation in the fob battery life. We found that often the fobs button get depressed easily if the fob is stored in your pocket or anyplace where the buttons come in contact with other objects. Sometimes just in shipping the unit could be packed in such a way that the buttons get depressed and you will see a short battery life.

Also sometimes it’s just the contacts in the fob and that can be easily resolved by removing the screw and cleaning / tightening the contacts. If you have a volt meter the battery should be 12.3 vdc or better. Good news is mild2wild comes with a spare FOB and the batteries are type A27 most any car audio store has them as they are used in alarm and remote start systems. We have the batteries if needed 2 for $5 including shipping.

You can find them on the Mild 2 Wild page on my website (just above the "Old School" option.

That's a good price. I paid $7.08 incl tax for two of the 27A batteries at Batteries Plus, and I had to drive to their store.

Undy 08-20-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1575066857)

:thumbs:Thanks Talon, just ordered a couple from you.

Landru 08-21-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by skudlw (Post 1575062180)
Mine lasted about 3 years. Both FOBs went dead at the same time. Got 2 new batteries from Radio Shack.

Great information.
Mine's going on 2 years & the one in the ashtray is flakey, intermittent.

Thing is lately the NPP has been closing, by itself. :eek:
I'm sure it could be RFI, from something, but I kind of doubt it.
I'd always thought the NPP was supposed to be automatically open (loud) without vacuum/power, so what's up with that is anyones guess. :crazy:

JoesC5 08-21-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1575081108)
Great information.
Mine's going on 2 years & the one in the ashtray is flakey, intermittent.

Thing is lately the NPP has been closing, by itself. :eek:
I'm sure it could be RFI, from something, but I kind of doubt it.
I'd always thought the NPP was supposed to be automatically open (loud) without vacuum/power, so what's up with that is anyones guess. :crazy:

You mean that the valves close with the engine off?

Landru 08-21-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1575081124)
You mean that the valves close with the engine off?

Yup, sometimes the fact it's switched *itself* to quiet mode (valves closed) escapes my attention. Soon as I notice though, I have to toggle 'em back open. They're maintained open whenever parked.

Something's not right, or, my understanding is bass ackwards. :lol:
That is to say the "at rest" position = valves closed, implying a possible, albeit slow vacuum leak(?).

jokirp 10-14-2012 06:52 PM

What is the battery number for the remote. Mine went dead and I lost it before I was able to go to the store.

I tried a bunch of batteries that looked like they would fit but didn't seem to work

CanadaGrant 10-14-2012 07:54 PM

My first remote which is in the cup holder lasted 4 years and the second which I never used is still going at 5 years. You can buy the batteries on fleabay for about 50 cents each delivered to your door. Just input "27A batteries".
:cheers:

haljensen 10-15-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1575081216)
Yup, sometimes the fact it's switched *itself* to quiet mode (valves closed) escapes my attention. Soon as I notice though, I have to toggle 'em back open. They're maintained open whenever parked.

Something's not right, or, my understanding is bass ackwards. :lol:
That is to say the "at rest" position = valves closed, implying a possible, albeit slow vacuum leak(?).

A vacuum leak would have the valves OPEN.

Engine vacuum is required to CLOSE the valves.

Is your setup a OEM NPP, OEM BiMode or an aftermarket conversion?