CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Caravaggio Daytona seats might be a GM option (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2666917-caravaggio-daytona-seats-might-be-a-gm-option.html)

Backfrmhell 08-25-2010 09:43 AM

Caravaggio Daytona seats might be a GM option

Hey Guys, I went buy John's shop yesterday to see what was new and he was telling me he was in Detroit and met with the guys from Corvette. Turns out they are interested in his Daytona seats as a aftermarket option. That is great news for Corvette owners, finally a seat that belongs in the car. I guess all the noise we been making has paid off. GM is listening.:cheers:

Rule292 08-25-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Backfrmhell (Post 1575117941)
Hey Guys, I went buy John's shop yesterday to see what was new and he was telling me he was in Detroit and met with the guys from Corvette. Turns out they are interested in his Daytona seats as a aftermarket option. That is great news for Corvette owners, finally a seat that belongs in the car. I guess all the noise we been making has paid off. GM is listening.:cheers:

Great news! :thumbs:

Seems as if GM is finally learning the first rule of business: The gripes, not the attaboys, are what kills your company. :flag:

AORoads 08-25-2010 10:54 AM

hmm, I wonder for what year?

Joe C 08-25-2010 11:09 AM

do the seats look like these?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...R1seats007.jpg

if so, that would be great. the seats seems to be everybody's biggest gripe. i think the seats in my 90 are better than my 08 - :lol:

BSE1956 08-25-2010 11:36 AM

Happy that they are listening on this forum and hopefully elsewhere.

AFVETTE 08-25-2010 12:04 PM

Take one look and test "sit" in a CTS-V with the RECARO's and you'll suddenly know why GM needs an after market seat option.

The heated/cooled 14 way adjustable with thigh extender(s) RECARO's are a $3400 option on the V's. That's a steal and worth every penney.

Tom

redzone 08-25-2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Joe C (Post 1575118881)

if so, that would be great. the seats seems to be everybody's biggest gripe. i think the seats in my 90 are better than my 08 - :lol:

I wouldn't hesitate to check the box for these. What's another $6k on top of the price of the car?

STEVE MC 08-25-2010 12:15 PM

Nice, I wonder if they could be made with side air bags?

Backfrmhell 08-25-2010 12:41 PM

That is the seat.

Mez 08-25-2010 12:58 PM

I just got wood.

CO Lightfoot 08-25-2010 01:40 PM

Great idea! This is a win-win for the C6 ASAP. And especially nice for us 1LT owners with no side airbags.

Presumably, there'd be no need for Caravaggio to de-construct an existing seat --GM could supply the basic seat frame/hardware. So we wouldn't have to ship our seats to Mr. C.

And we'd get to keep our existing seats! Sell 'em now or save 'em to re-install when it comes time to sell the car.

The Big Question: How much will they cost as an GM accessory?

DWS44 08-25-2010 01:42 PM

Guaranteed they'll be out of my price range, but damn they're georgeous! :thumbs:

dvilin 08-25-2010 01:51 PM

Interesting but will it happen.

jschindler 08-25-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mez (Post 1575120075)
I just got wood.

I think that's what the cutout in the front of the seat is for :lol:

07MontRedcp 08-25-2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE MC (Post 1575119648)
Nice, I wonder if they could be made with side air bags?

Just what I was thinking.

BJK

robbiC5 08-25-2010 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by CO Lightfoot (Post 1575120500)
Great idea! This is a win-win for the C6 ASAP. And especially nice for us 1LT owners with no side airbags.

Presumably, there'd be no need for Caravaggio to de-construct an existing seat --GM could supply the basic seat frame/hardware. So we wouldn't have to ship our seats to Mr. C.

And we'd get to keep our existing seats! Sell 'em now or save 'em to re-install when it comes time to sell the car.

The Big Question: How much will they cost as an GM accessory?

The seats would be installed on the assembly line........at least I hope so. We can already get them straight from John right now.....it only makes sense that this would be a factory installed option.:yesnod:

jschindler 08-25-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by robbiC5 (Post 1575121371)
The seats would be installed on the assembly line........at least I hope so. We can already get them straight from John right now.....it only makes sense that this would be a factory installed option.:yesnod:

The words "aftermarket option" implies to me that they would be a dealer item. The question at hand is how are they certified from a safety standpoint if they are offered by GM - unless they are "for off road use only".

Mez 08-25-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1575122151)
The words "aftermarket option" implies to me that they would be a dealer item. The question at hand is how are they certified from a safety standpoint if they are offered by GM - unless they are "for off road use only".

Exactly. If GM's intent will be to offer it as a factory option, they would give it a RPO code or Regular Production Option code. Aftermarket is not factory installed option.

It may not matter if its a straight forward and reasonably priced bolt-in and plug in seat. $3000 aftermarket means you may have to pay for it in cash. Unless you get it as a dealer installed item when new that will be rolled into the final financed amount.

SBKfan 08-25-2010 07:21 PM

Just curious...for those that have these seats, how long did it take from order to receipt?

LMB-C6 08-25-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Backfrmhell (Post 1575117941)

They are 'aftermarket' now, so unless GM was interested in making them a production option, why would they be meeting? Although 'aftermarket' could mean being offered as a Genuine Corvette Accessory item....

As for pricing, I'd consider it if it was about the same as the Recaro option in the V ($3k), but anything higher than that would be a thumbs down.