CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   •► ► AUTOCAL E-MAIL TUNE TOOL @ Corvettes of Westchester - ON SALE NOW! ◄ ◄• (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2695839-o-autocal-e-mail-tune-tool-corvettes-of-westchester-on-sale-now-o.html)

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 01:40 AM

•► ► AUTOCAL E-MAIL TUNE TOOL @ Corvettes of Westchester - ON SALE NOW! ◄ ◄•

http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....CAL/achand.gifhttp://www.corvettes-of-westchester....nner%20GIF.gifhttp://www.corvettes-of-westchester....CAL/achand.gif
http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....AL/autocal.jpg

INTRODUCING...

- AutoCal -
By
EFI Live

Yes, it's finally here. The long wait is over.

The day has come where you can have CHUCK COW

TUNE YOUR CAR, and you can put it BACK TO STOCK

any time you like! No more WARRANTY HEADACHES!

Yes, you can tune your ENGINE and you can also

http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....red%20flag.gifTUNE YOUR A6 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION via E-MAIL!!!http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....red%20flag.gif

• NO MORE EXPENSIVE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!

• NO MORE TRIPS TO THE DEALER TO CHECK CODES!

• NO MORE REMOVAL & INSTALLATION OF COMPUTERS!

• NO MORE WAITING FOR CHUCK CoW to COME TO YOUR CITY!

• NO MORE DEAD CORVETTE in your driveway with NO COMPUTER!

• NO MORE WORRY ABOUT THE DEALER SEEING YOU HAVE A TUNE!

• NO MORE NEED TO PURCHASE EXPENSIVE SPARE COMPUTERS & PCM's.

• Engine and TRANS TUNE UPDATES just a phone call and e-mail away!

The long awaited AutoCal has finally been released and

CORVETTES of WESTCHESTER is ready at the forefront to provide you

with the most customized remote tuning option available. Finally, both

engine and transmission programming will be available via a quick flash

through the OBD 2 port.

• Programming most 1997-2010+ GM vehicles which includes...
CORVETTE, CAMARO, G8, GTO, CADILLAC, etc... and ALL GM TRUCKS.

• AutoCal's primary purpose is to provide professional tuners with
a cost effective way to service their remote customers’ data logging
and tuning requirements.

• Small, lightweight design can be easily stored in a glove box or storage
area for a quick tune change.

• On-board memory allows the storage of up to 5 tune files and/or countless
hours of logged data.

• Multiple vehicle licensing available on a single device! Up to 8 vehicles
can simultaneously be tuned by a single AutoCal device with the purchase
of additional licenses and tunes.

• Full 2006+ GM 6L80E/6L90E (A6) 6 speed transmission tuning support

• Check DTC CODES and clear them eliminating costly trips to the dealer.

• Once delivered, AutoCal can be used to log data from the customer's vehicle.
The logged data can be sent back to CHUCK CoW via email for analysis.
Updates to the tune can be emailed to the customer and
the customer's vehicle can be reprogrammed instantly.

• You can create a "black box" datalog of any engine parameters we
choose so that Chuck CoW can evaluate how your vehicle is running
after the tune is installed.

• AutoCal can also be used as a pass thru device allowing you to use
the very powerful EFI LIVE scan tool for checking codes and recording
data.

• EXISTING Chuck CoW TUNE CUSTOMERS will only need to purchase
an AutoCal DEVICE as Chuck CoW Tune Updates are FREE!

http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....red%20flag.gif• AutoCal can "RETURN YOUR VEHICLE TO STOCK" programming http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....red%20flag.gif
in mere minutes leaving NO WAY for the dealer to detect a tune.

INTRODUCTORY -SPECIAL- PRICE
-> LIMITED TIME ONLY <-

$299.
Shipping to continental U.S. is $18.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....rderNowRed.gif
Chuck CoW MAIL E-MAIL TUNES
$399.
Tune pricing is "Per Vehicle" and Engine & Transmission Tunes are both included for the same price.
Any REASONABLE number of RE-TUNES are always FREE
except where the customer has made significant engine mods.

E-MAIL tunes are NOT an INSTANTANEOUS product or ON-DEMAND service
Sometimes it may take up to 3 business days for TUNES or RE-TUNES to be E-mailed.

INTRODUCTORY PRICE is for a LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Chuck CoW reserves the right to change prices or policies without notice.

CALL NOW to RESERVE YOURS!
http://www.corvettes-of-westchester....ng%20Phone.gif
914-332-0049

CopRodder 10-06-2010 07:25 AM

i will be calling today

ben dover 10-06-2010 07:28 AM

:thumbs:

Nd4spd2 10-06-2010 08:37 AM

Finally!! :thumbs:

RowdyRick434 10-06-2010 07:02 PM

what horsepower increase can you expect out of a stock LS3?

Boozman 10-06-2010 07:29 PM

Awesome:thumbs:

ILLUSHN 10-06-2010 07:32 PM

Will I still need to get a 160 stat to use this? :bigears

QUAKEJAKE 10-06-2010 07:35 PM

There is no way GM can detect a tune returned to stock per the vehicles vin stock parameters?

DriverC6 10-06-2010 07:44 PM

I thought I read that the computer stored a count of each time it has been flashed. Does this system reset that count?

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 08:19 PM

You can expect.....

Originally Posted by RowdyRick434 (Post 1575544005)
what horsepower increase can you expect out of a stock LS3?

You can expect a modest 30 HP in most cases and with air intake and/or headers you can get more.

What's most notable is the "under the curve" area or bottom end. That's where you get the biggest gains.

Also, if you have an automatic trans....BINGO! The whole car changes character.

Awesome:thumbs:
YES, it is.

Will I still need to get a 160 stat to use this? :bigears
YES, I always require it and it's really important for lots of reasons. Check the forum for other posts of mine for info.

There is no way GM can detect a tune returned to stock per the vehicles vin stock parameters?

&

I thought I read that the computer stored a count of each time it has been flashed. Does this system reset that count?
Good questions....EVERYONE asks. SIMPLY.... NO.

Long winded answer....

If there was such a thing, no DEALERSHIP, SERVICE DEPARTMENT, or DEALER TECH has the equipment to do so.

The reason for all the concern is because in 2008 GM DID ACTUALLY implement this type of system ONLY FOR THE 2008 and NEWER DURAMAX DIESELS.

Diesels COST MUCH MORE, MAKE MASSIVE POWER WITH TUNES, and THERE'S 10 TIMES AS MANY OF THEM ON THE ROAD....

GM's FED UP with guys F'in UP THEIR TRUCKS AND PUTTING THEM BACK TO STOCK....

While the GAS MARKET ....CAMARO, CORVETTE, GTO, ETC is a HUGE market for US guys... It's NOTHING compared to the volume of diesel trucks they sell.

If you can make 30 something horse with a tune on your average gas car.....You average tuner can make upwards of 300 HP with just a laptop....(100 HP being the average SAFE Diesel TUNE)...

That's why your local dealer CAN TELL if you have a tune (if you remove it) in a DIESEL TRUCK....

But that's also the reason they never implemented it with the gas cars....

That's the reason why the gas guys got scared.

NOPE, you Corvette guys really have very little to worry about.

Chuck CoW

DriverC6 10-06-2010 08:23 PM

Does it work for the A4 as well?

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 08:36 PM

100%

Originally Posted by DriverC6 (Post 1575544856)
Does it work for the A4 as well?

100%

Chuck CoW

toomuchcar 10-06-2010 08:45 PM

OK, I have read what seems like 100 posts on this tune stuff but I still don't see what is done for a tune on a stock LS3.

1) Does EFI unit purchase come with a tune or is that extra?

2) Is the tune privided with the EFI, or does one get that first to collect data and then send back to COW?

3) What is the fundamental change in the tune that improves the car: selecting 93 octane fuel, or throttle resp, or fuel mixture, or what?

4) Is it preferred to come to COW for such a tune (I am in souther Dutchess co.) or would I get the same "tune" with EFI by mail

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by toomuchcar (Post 1575545115)
OK, I have read what seems like 100 posts on this tune stuff but I still don't see what is done for a tune on a stock LS3.

2) Is the tune privided with the EFI, or does one get that first to collect data and then send back to COW?

3) What is the fundamental change in the tune that improves the car: selecting 93 octane fuel, or throttle resp, or fuel mixture, or what?

4) Is it preferred to come to COW for such a tune (I am in souther Dutchess co.) or would I get the same "tune" with EFI by mail

Not really sure what you're asking, but YES we can tune a stocker and YES there's a really big improvement...Especially for an Automatic car.

Yes, the tune is extra... It's up there in the post. E-mail tunes are discounted from the IN SHOP rate.

2) Is the tune provided with the EFI, or does one get that first to collect data and then send back to COW?
No, none is provided. When you receive your AUTOCAL you "READ" your engine and transmission tunes with the device and e-mail them to me. Then, I modify the tunes and e-mail them back to you to load into the car.

WOW, ok...Many things...Everything you mentioned...and more. Removing or lessening TORQUE LIMITERS that hold the car back, re-calibrating the spark and fuel....Even changing the A/C settings...Lots of stuff...But, easier to explain over the phone. Automatics a programmed TERRIBLE as stock and need special care to make the cars run right.

Ya had to ask that one last didn't ya?;)

YES, while you can get a great tune with the AutoCal device, it's mainly intended for people that are too far from a tuner or in remote areas. Other countries, etc.

You're less than an hour from me... I have guys that come here from Canada, Florida, Kentucky, and all over this side of the country....

If I were you, I'd make the ride....It's a few bucks more, but I prefer to have them in my possession when possible.

Call me any time.

Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 09:31 PM

Yes they will....

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6 (Post 1575545593)
I'll be watching this. As I have a GTO that is out of warranty now and My Corvette will be in 2013. Both are Manuals, but could benefit from Engine tunes.

Yes they will.... And deep in mind... Returning the car to "stock programming" with AutoCal makes it so the dealer can not detect a tune past or present.;)

Chuck CoW

2002fb 10-06-2010 09:40 PM

Quick question Chuck. I have a 2007 Vette and a 2009 G8, can I use the same tool to tune both vehicles? Is there a discount to do both cars, and will both need a t-stat change?

Chuck CoW 10-06-2010 09:55 PM

Here's the deal...

Originally Posted by 2002fb (Post 1575545800)
Quick question Chuck. I have a 2007 Vette and a 2009 G8, can I use the same tool to tune both vehicles? Is there a discount to do both cars, and will both need a t-stat change?

Here's the deal...

I have a 2007 Vette and a 2009 G8, can I use the same tool to tune both vehicles?
YES, You can tune just about ANY GM VEHICLE worth tuning including Diesel trucks. Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, CADILLAC, OLDS, GMC, Etc.

AutoCal was originally designed to be "ONE UNIT for ONE VEHICLE". That has changed and you get ONE License free with the device and each additional vehicle you want to tune is an additional $99 per vehicle up to 8 vehicles.

2009 G8?
My tune for the 09 Automatic G8 is AWESOME! Just like my C6 A6 tune... Worth every penny!

Is there a discount to do both cars?
Tell ya what... If you call me, and purchase both tunes at the same time...YES, I'll save you some money.;)

and will both need a t-stat change?
NO, The Corvette needs the T-Stat. Camaro needs it. But, the G8 gets away without one.

Call me any time!
Chuck CoW

antt 10-06-2010 11:32 PM

Is a less aggressive tune available for the Corvette that will enable the use of the stock thermostat. I'm primarily interested in improving the A6 shifting, and I'd like to make the fan control settings more responsive, to reduce the large coolant temperature changes at traffic lights.

Chuck CoW 10-07-2010 12:23 AM

Here's how I see it.....

Originally Posted by antt (Post 1575546895)
Is a less aggressive tune available for the Corvette that will enable the use of the stock thermostat. I'm primarily interested in improving the A6 shifting, and I'd like to make the fan control settings more responsive, to reduce the large coolant temperature changes at traffic lights.

Here's how I see it..... There is NO reason I can think of to NOT install a stat.

I've got THOUSANDS of them in LSx and other fuel injected engines over the years and I know that in ALL cases there is a benefit.

The only car to date that I tried to use a 160 stat and it did not work, due to the over-efficiency of the cooling system, was the Pontiac G8 GT.

Those cars run too cool and stats are not necessary... They get by just fine with the FAN speed adjustments we make.

Otherwise, it's foolish not to run a 160 stat....

Unless that is you want to replace your engine or trans earlier than necessary....

Chuck CoW

antt 10-07-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW (Post 1575547241)
Here's how I see it..... There is NO reason I can think of to NOT install a stat.

I've got THOUSANDS of them in LSx and other fuel injected engines over the years and I know that in ALL cases there is a benefit.

The only car to date that I tried to use a 160 stat and it did not work, due to the over-efficiency of the cooling system, was the Pontiac G8 GT.

Those cars run too cool and stats are not necessary... They get by just fine with the FAN speed adjustments we make.

Otherwise, it's foolish not to run a 160 stat....

Unless that is you want to replace your engine or trans earlier than necessary....

Chuck CoW

What engine coolant temperature do you experience with a 160Ί thermostat? If near 160Ί, won't eventually set a CEL?