CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   help please I am heart broken (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2713712-help-please-i-am-heart-broken.html)

France7 11-01-2010 06:25 PM

help please I am heart broken

I dynoed my car this past sunday. I was thinking the car would run 335 to 340 to the wheels. To my suprise I ran a terrible 294. I was upset about this, and one of the kids at the shop pulled me aside and told me not to worry about my numbers because this dyno is considered a heart break dyno. I was wondering if someone could give me an insight to this and tell me if you ever heard of a stock ls2 running this low of a number. I pray that my car is not a lemon, and if it is I am selling it. I would appreciate your post, I am new to this forum i just signed up today. Thank you

RicK T 11-01-2010 06:34 PM

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I've never seen one that low. Your original target of 335-340 is about right. Do you have access to another dyno/tuner? Good luck, I'm sure others will chime in with some insight. :cheers:

Neumonic2002 11-01-2010 06:43 PM

welcome

Is your car an M6 or an automatic?

My car dynoed very low the first time on a stingy dyno, after getting some mods and a tune it is right were it should be so I wouldn't sweat it.

You could also check to make sure your plug wires are in good condition etc, what is the mileage on your car?

:cheers:

John

Ginny C6 11-01-2010 07:21 PM

Is there any chance the shop manipulated the numbers to try and sell you some mods? I agree with Rick T, go get a dyno done elsewhere.

NYC6 11-01-2010 07:24 PM

294 is without a doubt the lowest # I've seen any C6(manual or auto) dyno. What type of dyno was it? Seems like either theres something wrong with the car or dyno.

pewter99 11-01-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by NYC6 (Post 1575797929)
294 is without a doubt the lowest # I've seen any C6(manual or auto) dyno. What type of dyno was it? Seems like either theres something wrong with the car or dyno.

seriously C5's dynoed on the low end at 296

c6 batmobile 11-01-2010 07:38 PM

A dyno really is just a tuning tool. While numbers are fun they are worthless. Run it at the track and tell us what it does. That is a more accurate gauge of the type of power you are making. If you really feel its necessary like other said take it to another shop that uses a dyno jet dyno and see what she lays down.

France7 11-01-2010 08:00 PM

i dont think anything is wrong with my car. Luckly there is a few shops were i could dyno at, and that is what i am going to do. I ripped a 0-60 in 3.9 secs with a perfect shift and a cold night, so i dought the car is weak with power. I am just waiting to hit another dyno.

France7 11-01-2010 08:02 PM

my car only has 12thousnad miles and I have no idea what kind of dyno it was.

France7 11-01-2010 08:03 PM

my car is a 6speed, and seems to be in perfect condition, i had the dealership check the car when in july and the service manager said that my car is mint.

Sparo2 11-01-2010 08:05 PM

It could be that the shops dyno was not calibrated correctly. Add bad weather conditions to that and you'll get some wacked out #s. I'd say find another dyno.

johnodrake 11-01-2010 08:14 PM

Wow, that is really low. My LS2 first dyno run was 354WHP.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../FinalDyno.jpg

France7 11-01-2010 08:27 PM

I just got the dyno info.. It was ran on a dynomite with sae correction...anyone familiar with this dyno?

RicK T 11-01-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by France7 (Post 1575798637)
I just got the dyno info.. It was ran on a dynomite with sae correction...anyone familiar with this dyno?

Never heard of that one. :(

StoplightWarrior 11-01-2010 08:34 PM

all dynos read a bit differently, but that's stock c5 #s right there...go to another shop ASAP and see how it does. If it puts down under 300 again, find out what's wrong with it.

My 99 z28 with just a lid put down 297rwhp.

Streetk14 11-01-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by France7 (Post 1575798637)

That's a Land and Sea dyno, which are supposed to be very good. http://www.land-and-sea.com/chassis-...assis-dyno.htm

I know Chalie @ RPM Motors uses one and it is an absorption-style dynamometer that can load the engine at different RPM and vehicle speeds. The numbers my LS3 C6 put down might be on the lower side (both baseline and w/ cam/headers), but my '67 made comparable power on RPM's Dynomite and A&A's Dynojet.

But that doesn't mean that the particular dyno at this shop does not have problems. 295 seems really low, and it sounds like your car is a manual trans also. I'd at least try a different dyno to at least make you feel better.

seevi 11-01-2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile (Post 1575798097)
A dyno really is just a tuning tool. While numbers are fun they are worthless. Run it at the track and tell us what it does. That is a more accurate gauge of the type of power you are making. If you really feel its necessary like other said take it to another shop that uses a dyno jet dyno and see what she lays down.

:iagree:

I guess I would want to question the calibration of the dyno first. Going to another tuner is just more money to compare basic results. Go to the strip and make a couple of passes. 1/8th mile times should be mid 8 seconds and the quarter should be anywhere in the high 12's and low 13's. If you could scan and log your data and post if, there are a number of us who could take a look at it for you.

:flag:

glenB 11-01-2010 10:39 PM

SURPRISE !!

sounds like ......... :bs

Tommy D 11-02-2010 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by France7 (Post 1575798361)
i dont think anything is wrong with my car. Luckly there is a few shops were i could dyno at, and that is what i am going to do. I ripped a 0-60 in 3.9 secs with a perfect shift and a cold night, so i dought the car is weak with power. I am just waiting to hit another dyno.

With zero to 60 in 3.9 seconds why worry about dryno numbers! Dyno numbers are very useful for tweaking a tune. Otherwise they would be useful if you have a "dyno queen" which from your 0 to 60 numbers is not the case.

glennhl 11-02-2010 12:46 AM

You are right. Those numbers are so low you have to sell that car. I'll take it off your hands; for a big discount of course, since everyone knows what terrible numbers it put down.

Just kidding. Don't let dyno numbers bother you. They are meant to be used before and after mods. Anyone who puts credence in the absolute number is just fooling himself. If you really want to brag go run the quarter mile and post those results. Have fun and be safe.