CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open - Help (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2716142-c1295-brake-lamp-switch-circuit-open-help.html)

seoulbrooks 11-05-2010 05:28 AM

C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open - Help

I've been getting this code on my 2000 for several months now. All the brake lights work fine and the schematic is pretty straight forward. Funny thing is I only get this fault as soon as I turn on any of the driving lights. I keep all lights off I never kick the fault. Anybody run into this before or got any advise? Thanks

seoulbrooks 11-13-2010 06:28 AM

Thought I'd post the fix incase someone else runs into the problem. With the LED taillights installed even with the electronic led module the EBTCM was sencing four bad brake lights. Once I loaded the LEDS properly one on each side the fault was cleared and has not returned.

LEDs were operating fine with the electronic flasher but the EBTCM was still picking them up as open brakelights.

tblu92 11-13-2010 12:41 PM

Don't know what the Hyperflash is but with LED's you need an Electronic flasher --- ALSO If your car is an automatic with any brake light issue -it will un-lock your torque converter everytime there is a fault or you touch the brake pedal--

jb35007 08-15-2014 12:50 PM

what do you mean "loaded them properly" i am haveing same issue and it is throwing my traction control light on i do have led lights .

how did you fix it?

Swirth09 03-23-2016 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by seoulbrooks (Post 1575913572)
Thought I'd post the fix incase someone else runs into the problem. With the LED taillights installed even with the electronic led module the EBTCM was sencing four bad brake lights. Once I loaded the LEDS properly one on each side the fault was cleared and has not returned.

LEDs were operating fine with the electronic flasher but the EBTCM was still picking them up as open brakelights.

I'm new here, but I'm having the same problem with my 03 CTS. Can you elaborate just a little on how you fixed this. Thanks in advance

pbergmann 03-24-2016 08:25 AM

how did you fix it?[/QUOTE]

Keep it stock!

Evan Sanza 07-28-2018 04:58 PM

I have the same code tcs 1295. Brake lights wont turn on when pressing brake pedal.
New battery, new brake switch, checked input voltage to the switch and with a jumper wire without switch, still no brake lights. I have no LEDs.

*EDIT
Found solution to my issue. Replaced hazard switch again and problem went away.

rickw99vette 07-26-2019 09:33 PM

I had the problem with the C1295 code on my 99 convertible with the LED Halo taillights installed, I had one taillight out, my problem was the taillight plug was not making good contact, pushed it back in and everything now working. Check your connections first.

GCG 07-27-2019 10:24 AM

Rick, you probably didn't notice, but this is an old thread and I hope that by now all those people who posted their problems in it have already solved them.

This is just another shameful example of the many threads that are left open-ended. With the exception of the OP, kudos to him!, nobody else returned to post resolution or follow up...

Posting resolution/results is the way to pay it forward and help others in the future, but I guess some people don't care enough.

Thank you for sharing your findings :cheers: