CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] how would one remove the mild to wild switch? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2728619-how-would-one-remove-the-mild-to-wild-switch.html)

1badvr4 11-24-2010 02:57 PM

how would one remove the mild to wild switch?

i have a z06 b&b fusion catback now and think that im going to be removing it shortly. how would i go about removing the mild to wild setup and all that. i have 2 fobs that wirelessly open the valve open and closed. the car came with the setup on it but once i sell it, i want to sell it together. from what i have seen, theres some wiring, a little brain, and somehow ties all this in together for the setup. i searched and couldnt find a specific m2w thread that matches my fobs. i found the ones with the pontiac looking fob (big button, little button, round oval fob) but mine is black, square and has 2 buttons, one red, one green. i dont want to remove only part of it, just to find out that the guy who buys it didnt get everything he needed off my car... thanks!

captej 11-24-2010 03:02 PM

"one" should probably go to the manufacturers page and follow the instructions.

Mike.D 11-24-2010 03:24 PM

just go to the DIY section on "how to install" and just follow the directions in revers order. :thumbs:

1badvr4 11-24-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by captej (Post 1576024014)
"one" should probably go to the manufacturers page and follow the instructions.

i guess i didnt clarify. ive seen multiple mild 2 wild installation and products(different fobs, different types-dic control vs fob vs?...). seeing that i bought the car with the unit installed, i havent a clue where the brain for this unit ist. to make things even more frustrating, since the fobs are wireless, then i have no idea where the box is that im controlling with the fob.

sav,

thanks, ill look into it...

Landru 11-24-2010 03:31 PM

The transmitter plugs into the EXH fuse slot, located under your passenger's side foorwell. Just pull the sucker & replace it with the (10A?) fuse. Simple as that.

IF you're not sure about which fuse slot, look for a device with a smallish wire antenna on the fuse block, that'd be it. Your owner's manual will help to ID the proper fuse location if you've any doubt(s). :thumbs:

1badvr4 11-24-2010 03:37 PM

so essentially the kit is just a radio(transmitter thats in the fuse box), a pair of fobs, and thats it? everything else is from the exhaust and the valve setup from gm?

tim414 11-24-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1576024318)
The transmitter plugs into the EXH fuse slot, located under your passenger's side foorwell. Just pull the sucker & replace it with the (10A?) fuse. Simple as that.

IF you're not sure about which fuse slot, look for a device with a smallish wire antenna on the fuse block, that'd be it. Your owner's manual will help to ID the proper fuse location if you've any doubt(s). :thumbs:

:iagree:

Landru 11-24-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1badvr4 (Post 1576024376)
so essentially the kit is just a radio(transmitter thats in the fuse box), a pair of fobs, and thats it? everything else is from the exhaust and the valve setup from gm?

That's it. :thumbs:
(kinda disappointing, huh. :lol:)

gotjuice? 11-24-2010 04:17 PM

Correct. You will remove the box in the fuse box and sell it with the two remotes. That's all there is to it. It is all located in the passenger side fuse box area, by the floor mat.

CanadaGrant 11-24-2010 04:25 PM

Yes. The receiver will will be plugged in to the lower right hand fuse plug in the fuse block. Replace it with a 10 amp (red) fuse and you are back to stock.
:cheers:

slolane 11-24-2010 04:37 PM

Don't forget to disconnect the ground wire also:D

TORQJNKY 11-24-2010 06:14 PM

Here's a link to the install instructions from southerncarparts.com with pictures. http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst/m2w.pdf

You should be able to figure it out from there. It's very straight forward. Good luck. Shouldn't have any problems selling this set up.