CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2730845-p0833-clutch-pedal-position-switch-cruise-problem.html)

torchredfrc 11-28-2010 02:34 PM

P0833 Clutch pedal position switch (cruise problem)

The service bulletin relevant to this code mentions the following switch:

clutch pedal cruise control release switch

Can anyone tell me the part # for this or where it is located? I replaced the lower switch trying to fix this issue and get my cruise control back online but now need to find this guy and replace it.

Thanks!

torchredfrc 11-29-2010 11:40 AM

Wanted to add this to see if it gave anymore info for anyone to go off of:

#05-08-68-001B: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0833, Cruise Control Inoperative (Adjust Clutch Release Switch) - (May 29, 2008)

Subject: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0833, Cruise Control Inoperative (Adjust Clutch Release Switch)

Models: 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette

with 6-Speed Manual Transmission

Condition
Some customers may comment on a malfunction indicator lamp. Some customers may also comment that the cruise control is inoperative.

A scan tool may reveal a DTC P0833. Cruise Disengaged History Reason will display "Lost Forward Gear" on Tech 2®.

Cause
The clutch release switch may be misadjusted.

Diagnostic Information

There are two clutch switches
• The lower switch, the clutch start switch provides feedback to the PCM that the clutch pedal has been depressed to enable starting. This switch DOES NOT relate to the P0883 code.

• The upper switch, the clutch pedal position switch also referred to in SI as the clutch pedal cruise control release switch, provides the PCM feedback as to the position of the clutch pedal.

• Refer to Manual Transmission Component Views, Figure 2: 01 Y-Car: Comp Loc Views (Under LH Side of the Dash) in SI for switch locations.

Important: Multiple clutch presses during a single stop may provide inaccurate feedback to the PCM and the technician may misdiagnose the need to replace the PCM. The Tech 2® may not pick up the multiple presses which would appear that the PCM is not picking up the signal. The PCM should not be replaced if the Tech 2® does not pick up multiple clutch cycles during testing.

C6ToGo 11-29-2010 02:16 PM

• The upper switch, the clutch pedal position switch also referred to in SI as the clutch pedal cruise control release switch, provides the PCM feedback as to the position of the clutch pedal.

Isn't it down at your pedal??

B y r o n 11-29-2010 02:22 PM

According to what you posted it sounds like you might just need to adjust it, like a brake light switch to get things working again.

torchredfrc 11-29-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by C6ToGo (Post 1576066534)

Isn't it down at your pedal??

The "lower" switch is the one I replaced and it is down by the pedal. I was unable to locate a drawing that showed me where the upper switch was so I could perform said adjustment. I might have missed it but I couldn't find it none the less.

torchredfrc 11-29-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by B y r o n (Post 1576066584)
According to what you posted it sounds like you might just need to adjust it, like a brake light switch to get things working again.

That's kind of what I thought as well. Once I know where the thing is, this should make a lot more sense to me. The light I had when I was down there wasn't the best and I didn't see another switch in the clutch pedal replacement procedure... and that's why I'm asking here. :D

dpigguy 11-29-2010 07:27 PM

try sending Talon90 a PM. he usually can provide the illustration and technical data on most items like this.

torchredfrc 11-29-2010 09:26 PM

Thanks dpigguy. I just sent him a PM and a link to this thread.

talon90 12-01-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by torchredfrc (Post 1576070757)
Thanks dpigguy. I just sent him a PM and a link to this thread.

Sorry for the delay. Got your PM and just replied with document links attached.

Paul :cheers:

torchredfrc 12-30-2010 02:54 PM

I wanted to post an update. I checked all the switches related to the clutch pedal and notice the pedal wasn't traveling all the way to meet with the upper switch. Turns out the fluid was a bit low. Added fluid, reset the DIC and everything is working as intended!

Thanks for everyone's replies and help.

jsizzle2k6 05-14-2011 11:28 AM

Im having the exact same problem. Anyway one of you can send me the links and documents as well :)

BEZ06 05-14-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jsizzle2k6 (Post 1577613303)
Im having the exact same problem. Anyway one of you can send me the links and documents as well :)

I don't have the "links and documents" you're interested in, but take a look at this picture, and click on the link below the picture to see a list of all the part #'s for all the items in the picture. #35 is the "cruise control release switch" and # 8 is the "clutch pedal position switch":

http://www.compnine.com/largeimg/0602011Y00-069.gif

Here's the link to that picture with a list of part #'s (double check them - this isn't an official GM site):

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...00&grouptype=B

Good luck!

Bob :flag:

greatgonzer 09-13-2012 10:50 AM

I just got this error code today "P08333 Clutch pedal switch 2 circuit" also. Can one of you send me the diagram that talon sent out? I'd be greatly appreciative!

Wayne O 09-13-2012 10:57 AM

You could always call Gene at gmpartshouse.com and have them track it down for you. Good luck!

Bagman0 11-09-2013 08:06 PM

I got the error code today for clutch b switch. I ordered one (only 6.00) but am having a hard time finding anything on the location of the darn thing to change it out.

Any help would be great.