CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   I hate cats (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2754167-i-hate-cats.html)

99alvette 01-07-2011 01:27 AM

I hate cats

Jeez I hate those fury little bas-tards!!! I come in tonight, pull the vette in the garage and put the cover on. Suddenly I notice a wet spot one of the lil demons had peed all over it so now at 12 am I pull the vette back out wash and dry it to get the pee off the paint before it does damage. As I walk over to the cover to wash it aswell I see one of them run over to it and start peeing on it right in front of me lets say this he got a free seat on shoe in the ass airlines. I'm so tired of them dang things, if they arent craping all over the garage they are crawling on my DD's convertible top and leaving hair and foot prints all over it. I still live at home while I go to college, so I went in and told my parents what happend and, that I had thrown all the little jerks outside for the night and man did I get an ear full of how cold it is out and the poor cats will freeze jeez the cats tear up my stuff and I get yelled at (Note To My Parents: cats have fur it keeps them warm dont take a college education to figure that one out). I'm really ocd about my cars being spotless at all times and the cats are ruining my stuff! Rant over by the way anyone want any of my mothers stupid cats hell I've give u $20 bucks a piece to take um away lol.

jdot 01-07-2011 01:32 AM

We suddenly were adopted by a cute little kitten last summer and he immediately decided he would sleep on top of my vette (covered). It went OK till I started noticing streaks on the paint when I removed the cover a couple of times so that was the end of him sleeping in the garage. He is a house cat now, goes out frequently but the garage is always closed and locked.

olbear1962 01-07-2011 02:17 AM

Priceless!!!:rofl:

I too hate cats, I think they are only good for dogs to chase...and the odd doggie snack if it comes to that :D

I feel for you, I too have OCD about my C5.

NorCalVette Kid 01-07-2011 02:39 AM

Cloaked323 01-07-2011 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by 99alvette (Post 1576441577)
Jeez I hate those fury little bas-tards!!! I come in tonight, pull the vette in the garage and put the cover on. Suddenly I notice a wet spot one of the lil demons had peed all over it so now at 12 am I pull the vette back out wash and dry it to get the pee off the paint before it does damage. As I walk over to the cover to wash it aswell I see one of them run over to it and start peeing on it right in front of me lets say this he got a free seat on shoe in the ass airlines. I'm so tired of them dang things, if they arent craping all over the garage they are crawling on my DD's convertible top and leaving hair and foot prints all over it. I still live at home while I go to college, so I went in and told my parents what happend and, that I had thrown all the little jerks outside for the night and man did I get an ear full of how cold it is out and the poor cats will freeze jeez the cats tear up my stuff and I get yelled at (Note To My Parents: cats have fur it keeps them warm dont take a college education to figure that one out). I'm really ocd about my cars being spotless at all times and the cats are ruining my stuff! Rant over by the way anyone want any of my mothers stupid cats hell I've give u $20 bucks a piece to take um away lol.

You need one of these doggies
http://www.astrosafari.com/images/sm...als/dogrun.gif

SCM_Crash 01-07-2011 03:38 AM

I used to park my Trans Am out on the street. Almost every morning I'd find muddy cat paws going from the hood to the roof and then they'd disappear off the roof usually at the driver's side door. Made me think how stupid an animal must be to climb to the highest point just to jump off. Wouldn't it have been easier to just walk around the damn car? It was really annoying driving the car to work in the morning with cat paws on the wind shield. Even more annoying washing them off when I got off work just to have to go back to work the next day with new paw tracks on the car.

When I got the first Z06, I was covering it every night in the driveway. We don't really get a lot of cats coming onto our driveway, but I was feeling a little OCD about it. Especially since the paint was just about perfect. Well, after a while I stopped putting the cover on and that's when the cats came back. LOL It's like they didn't like the cover, but they see shiny paint and think, "Well, there's no birds to screw up the paint so it's up to us. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it!"

Mr.Bill 01-07-2011 04:20 AM

The bottom line is that you are living at your parents home, Make due and keep peace.

MT0911 01-07-2011 06:01 AM

I too am not a fan of cats. I feel like you raise them and take care of them and they just become individuals haha. Waste of money and time in my opinion, then again, I've always been a dog guy even though I don't really like pets. Sorry for your troubles. Too bad there is not much you can do while you are living with your parents. Hell, at least they let you park in the garage! lol

DevilDog II 01-07-2011 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by jdot (Post 1576441587)
He is a house cat now, goes out frequently but the garage is always closed and locked.

Aren't cat houses illegal? ;) :D

ltrz 01-07-2011 06:21 AM

It's nothing that a 50 cent bullett can't take care of.:lol:

Mr.Bill 01-07-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by DevilDog II (Post 1576441895)
Aren't cat houses illegal? ;) :D

Not in Nevada. :D

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...l/DSC_9427.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...l/DSC_6715.jpg

Oh 2 Fun 01-07-2011 06:37 AM

If only cat soup was delicious!

4 KRUSIN 01-07-2011 06:48 AM

Love em or hate em, your story made me laugh. As for the $20, send one of them to me. I will pm you my address. :bs

madmatt9471 01-07-2011 07:00 AM

I am not a cat person myself - DOGS Rule :D

Thanks,Matt

A Marsh 01-07-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill (Post 1576441807)
The bottom line is that you are living at your parents home, Make due and keep peace.

I agree.

Does cat pee actually damage paint? I doubt it.

runner140* 01-07-2011 07:20 AM

I hate them too. :thumbs:

crainholio 01-07-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jdot (Post 1576441587)
but the garage is always closed and locked.

I guess ya just can't be too careful w/ some cats. ;)

Glennm27 01-07-2011 07:44 AM

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_cats_th...33trl0_400.jpg

corvettedaddy11 01-07-2011 07:54 AM

Dont care for cats at all...!:ack:

Rockbridge 01-07-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by corvettedaddy11 (Post 1576442184)
Dont care for cats at all...!:ack:

I once had a good friend who ran a small auto repair shop in a rural area. The place was always crawling with cats. Then one time I paid a visit and all the cats were gone. I asked what happened to all the cats and he said he really didn't know.

He also said he had started feeding them across the road from the shop. Pretty fast road with a 55 MPH limit on a curve.

Accidents will happen!:eek: