CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   *** GMPP Extended Warranty BEST PRICE *** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2755571-gmpp-extended-warranty-best-price.html)

Silverado Desperado 01-09-2011 01:24 PM

*** GMPP Extended Warranty BEST PRICE ***

GMPP Extended Warranty BEST PRICE

Where can I find the best price, and how much should it cost please?

Is this the "only" extended warranty you would recommend?

Thanks for your help !!! :flag:

Knob Jockey 01-09-2011 01:39 PM

For the best price, email Forum Vendor Dennis Fictner your VIN.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com

You will receive a list of optional coverage plans and costs.

IMHO this is the best Extended Warranty (aka insurance policy) you can get for the Corvette.

And in addition to having the best price available anywhere, Dennis provides great customer service and is a Forum favorite.

mack morrow jr 01-09-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Knob Jockey (Post 1576463847)

IMHO this is the best Extended Warranty (aka insurance policy) you can get for the Corvette.

And in addition to having the best price available anywhere, Dennis provides great customer service and is a Forum favorite.

:iagree::iagree: Got mine there.

joec 01-09-2011 01:42 PM

Yup.. Gotta agree with this.. an FYI I just had my w/s wiper motor take a dive on me and since I came off the 3yr warranty about 3 months ago this came in handy.. 0 deductible so I'm a happy camper..

Silverado Desperado 01-10-2011 03:38 AM

Anyone know of anywhere else that sells GMPP at a really good price please?

I will be Buying this week.

How much should it cost?

If you don't want to post how much it cost, email or pm me please.

Many Thanks !!!
:flag:

vetteright 01-10-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado (Post 1576469862)

How much should it cost?

Many Thanks !!!

Contact Gene Culley at GMPartshouse, another great forum vendor. You will need to send him your VIN and current mileage.

VET4LES 01-10-2011 06:44 AM

:iagree:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...off-again.html

CSixDude 01-10-2011 07:56 AM

Contact Jason Walter at Ross Downing Chevrolet in Louisiana 800 417 5162

He sells them at huge discounts to forum members only. I shopped all the forum vendors and several others as well, and he beat everyone's price by several hundred dollars. He doesn't advertise his prices and this is a word of mouth deal only.

Rossi6998 01-10-2011 09:04 AM

Agreed... Got mine through him and do not regret it...

Silverado Desperado 01-10-2011 11:07 AM

Thanks guys!

Is there more than these 3 people that I can compare prices from?

Who else might I try?

Thanks!

mack morrow jr 01-10-2011 11:12 AM

I got mine from Dennis at Ficthner but it was a pro one as my 3/36 warranty had expired. If you get a GMPP your car has to be still under original factory warranty or being purchased from an authorized GM dEALER . pRICES WILL VARY BASED ON AGE OF CAR,DEDUCTABLE SELECTED AND LENGTH OF TIME AND MILAGE SELECTED. sO IT IS HARD TO PRICE AS ANY OF THOSE VARIABLES WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. a 5 MINUTE CALL TO Dennis or Gene will gwt you an answer.:cheers:

dpigguy 01-10-2011 11:13 AM

How much should it cost?

Many Thanks !!!

pm sent

Vette5.5 01-10-2011 12:00 PM

Like many here, I usually get my GMPP from Fichtner, but Black Cadillac in PA is very competitive too. Careful with the credit card surchages though. Actually just purchased a policy from Fichtner last week for my 08' daily Pontiac. A pretty together dealer all around, although only by phone, they're part's prices are also very good.

JJC5 01-10-2011 12:03 PM

Dennis Fichtner here too. Great service, price and very prompt too.

patrickt 01-12-2011 12:20 AM

How much should it cost?

Many Thanks !!!

These get very complicated as far as pricing so if you would like email gene@gmpartshouse.com with your vin and milage he will be more than happy to hook you up

Virtual Geezer 01-12-2011 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1576472190)
Dennis Fichtner here too. Great service, price and very prompt too.

:iagree: Just bought my 4th GMPP from Dennis. :thumbs:

XYLIC 05-08-2015 09:49 AM

Dennis still selling them? If not, who are the current folks to get the GMPP from?

ZimC6 05-08-2015 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by XYLIC (Post 1589587774)
Dennis still selling them? If not, who are the current folks to get the GMPP from?

Try this

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-fichtner.html

SpeedUp 05-08-2015 12:03 PM

One thing I have noticed about GMPP threads is some people tell you don't waste your money, and others everyone thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. :shrug:

Of the $1500 - $2500 cost to buy one (depending on years and mileage) does it actually pay for itself? Have you come out ahead? Or are you just basically pre-paying for service?

Then I have to think, if you came out ahead, it means you had a car with either a lot of issues, or a few expensive ones. Why would you buy another one? (The whole fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?)

I guess its just like any form of gambling, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. :lol:

Is piece of mind worth $2500?

Just wondering :cheers:

bankr 05-08-2015 12:50 PM

Thanks for this information.......I'm going to reach out to Dennis and Gene and see what they can do. I have a '13 427 and I'm already had some intermittent issues (Vert top hitting the back glass when closing, blown amp or NAV unit (both have been replaced) and now the hand free doesn't work (unless you speak Spanish.......that's for another day). I think the car is telling me something.......buy the extended warranty!!!!!!