CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Sometimes we loose line of sight of how good this board is. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2769040-sometimes-we-loose-line-of-sight-of-how-good-this-board-is.html)

andrewdonald1 01-31-2011 09:42 PM

Sometimes we loose line of sight of how good this board is.

Gents: over the last month or so we've been discussing the apparent degradation of this board.

Well I would just like to throw out a BIG thanks to everyone today.

I've been nursing along my P0492 code for awhile (the infamous problem with the secondary air injection check valves). Well I got into a pinch on Saturday...

I've been really busy over the last couple months running down rogue little issue's with my suspension upgrade. My tabs were up this Wednesday. It slipped through the cracks.

My ignorance to how the DTC's and the I/M Monitors relate caused me to think I could just "reset" the code just before going in for emission testing and all would be fine. Boy was I wrong (I preliminarily went in Saturday for the OBD-II scan). Since all of the I/M monitors now reset, their status' were all set to not ready (not the ones that have continuous monitoring).

Well since we are all pretty smart here (in one stage or another), I knew my mission:
  • go get the parts to replace the secondary check valves
  • change out the oil pressure sending unit at the same time
  • pull the intake manifold
  • rock and roll on the parts re & re.
  • get driving to meet the conditions of the I/M Monitor tests.

Got the parts Saturday at the dealer around 1pm, changed all the parts by 6pm and test drove yesterday to get all of the I/M monitors (allowed one to not be ready in WA) back to "Ready".

With all of your help in the past and jumping in Saturday: I passed today!!! So thanks to everyone.

This board is a blessing, lets keep up the good professional work this year answering questions (and documenting repair procedures) and make 2011 our best year yet.
Who knows, you might be the next in a pickle and need our fellow board members current or past input.

Andy

ALLEGRO 01-31-2011 09:55 PM

Congrats.....and you are correct, even though I do get a little disappointed in some of the comments, this is the BEST place on the net!!!

damilleniumboy 01-31-2011 10:01 PM

Yeap, this is a great forum.

Stan MI 01-31-2011 10:02 PM

I agree 1000%. There is the occasionally pi$$ing contest here but it seems to be only occasionally .

I have received more help here faster than on any other site !!

Thanks to all !:rock:

mpride 01-31-2011 10:05 PM

I totally agree. There is always a member ready to help when needed. It's easily the best forum I am a member of.

:cheers:

ALLEGRO 01-31-2011 10:05 PM

In the eight years I have been on here, there is no count of how much money I have saved, wild ideas that I was talked out of and the plethera of information I have learned......WOW, what place.

TNRAT 01-31-2011 10:16 PM

I am new to this forum but a veteran around the Mopar forums.....so far this forum has had the least amount of drama I have ever seen. Members seem to get along for the most part and can be critical w/o getting into a posting match......

99C5Vert 01-31-2011 10:22 PM

what did I miss? :bigears:

hattitude 01-31-2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by ALLEGRO (Post 1576669229)
Congrats.....and you are correct, even though I do get a little disappointed in some of the comments, this is the BEST place on the net!!!

:iagree:

BigTattooMan 02-01-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stan MI (Post 1576669292)
I agree 1000%. There is the occasionally pi$$ing contest here but it seems to be only occasionally .

:iagree: I think things have been a little more moody here lately because of the weather most of us have had lately. We are starting to get cabin fever and taking it out on each other.
I think by spring everything will be back to normal with the proper amount of "look at my car I just washed it" threads :D

This place is great and by far the most helpful forum I've been apart of :cheers:

$$$frumnuttin' 02-01-2011 08:09 PM

:flag::canadaflag::rock:

BenC5 02-01-2011 08:27 PM

This is the best C5 forum for sure.

I also think my fellow forum members are pretty good too.

killain 02-01-2011 08:39 PM

The forum like this ?

Originally Posted by BenC5 (Post 1576678132)
This is the best C5 forum for sure.

I also think my fellow forum members are pretty good too.

:iagree:Better than anyone else ! :yesnod:

realvc 02-01-2011 08:49 PM

I'm on this forum and the garage forum more than any of the others on the net. I joined this forum in Jan. of 09 and bought my vette from a forum member the same month.
There is so much great information on here if you spend the time to find it. I've bought all kinds of parts and tools from members and vendors. I've spent a lot of time on here just reading and enjoying the post/threads. I don't agree with how some seem to get insulting at times but then it has not ever been that bad. No where as bad as when I was hanging out in the wrecking yard where I grew up or when I served in the Army with a bunch of rough talking good ole boys.
I said all this to say, I love my vette and I appreciate this forum. :thumbs: :flag:

Vetteman Jack 02-01-2011 08:58 PM

Glad you got the car fixed and passed the test. Yes, sometimes things are said on here that are IMO over the line, but overall, this is still a great place to hang out. I can't count the number of times the members here have helped me out with something on my car or have just shared their knowledge on things that I have saved for future reference.

BenC5 02-01-2011 09:14 PM

I can always tell the sensitive/new(er) members as they are always concerned with whining/quality of posts as if they are being forced to read anything.

Feelings, nothing more than feelings . . .

I love my C5 and I love internet forums in general.

andrewdonald1 02-01-2011 09:56 PM

This forum is what WE the members choose to make of it.

I personally think we should consider making a conscious effort to NOT respond to any forum posts that are not professional and polite. Remember the old saying about realizing the pig enjoys rolling around in the mud??

What do you guys think?
Personally I love and value being part of the Corvette heritage.
It is a world class car and I believe we should conduct ourselves accordingly.
Do you guys support the idea above and thought process?
In essence we CAN train people even if they are anonymous here what is proper conduct on OUR forum.

robert miller 02-01-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stan MI (Post 1576669292)

:iagree::rock::rock::rock::cheers::cheer s:

seoulbrooks 02-01-2011 10:33 PM

Love the vette and could not operate without all the great members and post. As said above, if you spend time looking you can always find someone that has had a like problem and normally three or four different opinions on a good fix. Being in Korea and away from any drop in vette shops, this site saves me all the time. Just wanted to pass on the thanks to all those forum members that take the time to post their knowledge on various C5 fixes. A great bunch of folks! Please keep posting when a response solves your problem, make life much easier when searching...... It's lunar New Year in Asia......so Happy New Year Everyone!

TriplBlk 02-02-2011 12:49 AM

Yea Im learning this forum is more than a place to just get info, Its almost like a family and people are close here. I was thinking about joining "smokinvette.com" to satisfy my hunger for forums.....took the first thread I ever saw on that site to know I'll never go back again :nonod: