CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Please help our cause! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/2793570-please-help-our-cause.html)

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 01:58 PM

Please help our cause!

A downstate Democrat has posted an online petition for people to sign in support of making concealed carry legal in Illinois.

State Sen. John Sullivan of Rushville is chairman of the Senate Democratice Downstate Caucus and a co-sponsor with Benton state Sen. Gary Forby on Senate Bill 82, the Family and Personal Protection Act, which would make it legal for people, ages 21 and up with clean records, to have concealed carry permits.

Illinois is one of only two states in the U.S. that does not have some form of concealed carry for firearms. Thousands of Illinois gun owners lobbied in Springfield Thursday for passage of concealed carry.

"Over 290 million people in 48 other states can responsibly exercise their right to carry concealed weapons," Forby said. "It's outrageous that five million people that don't trust their law-abiding neighbors enough are blocking this right from seven and a half million other citizens."

Past attempts at legalizing concealed carry have stalled in the Illinois General Assembly.

https://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/survey/take

Mopar Jimmy 03-11-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks Bob, certainly will help out the cause and nice to see a Democratic Politician who is not useless. :lol:

What is the other garbage state that does not allow any type of carry conceal, WI? I know per PFrank WI allow open carry and I would be ecastic with that also versus what we have now (nothing)! :cheers:

Thanks for the post! :flag:

Robls6 03-11-2011 02:49 PM

Link doesn't work

BrianH 03-11-2011 03:59 PM

Server errors, give it a few hours and try again. I'll be refreshing and will try to remember to bump this if I find it working again.

TOBASCO 03-11-2011 05:20 PM

I'll definitely sign up when the linky works! :thumbs:

Comfortably Numb 03-11-2011 06:21 PM

I'll sign but this pussy azz liberal state will never pass this crap. If you life in ILLinois you're supposed to a good description of the perp so the police can make an arrest, a liberal judge can conduct a fair trial, then a board paroles the idiot after a few years because they're "reformed"

Link still does not work. It must be all the Wisconsin Dems hiding out in Illinois who are hogging the site. Or that Nazi Pat Quinn has someone messing with it.

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Robls6 (Post 1577027871)
Link doesn't work

???

https://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/survey/take

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts (Post 1577029704)
I'll sign but this pussy azz liberal state will never pass this crap. If you life in ILLinois you're supposed to a good description of the perp so the police can make an arrest, a liberal judge can conduct a fair trial, then a board paroles the idiot after a few years because they're "reformed"

That may be true but this is more positive movment than we have ever had!!!

Comfortably Numb 03-11-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z (Post 1577029712)

Oops!

The server has encountered an unexpected problem. We've taken steps to notify our support team of what happened.
You could click your browser's Back button, and retry the action that landed you here.
If that doesn't work, wait a couple of minutes and try again.
If it still doesn't work, you can give us a call at (877) 968-3996.

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy (Post 1577027710)
Thanks Bob, certainly will help out the cause and nice to see a Democratic Politician who is not useless. :lol:
What is the other garbage state that does not allow any type of carry conceal, WI? I know per PFrank WI allow open conceal and I would be ecastic with that also versus what we have now (nothing)! :cheers:
Thanks for the post! :flag:

Wisconsin is the other but that could change soon and leave us alone in the pursuit of self-preservation.

You can open carry in WI NOW.

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts (Post 1577029743)
Oops!
The server has encountered an unexpected problem. We've taken steps to notify our support team of what happened.
You could click your browser's Back button, and retry the action that landed you here.
If that doesn't work, wait a couple of minutes and try again.
If it still doesn't work, you can give us a call at (877) 968-3996.

It's still working for me, please keep trying!

Mopar Jimmy 03-11-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z (Post 1577029750)
Wisconsin is the other but that could change soon and leave us alone in the pursuit of self-preservation.

You can open carry in WI NOW.

Meant to say OPEN CARRY not open conceal! :willy:

I would be ECSTATIC if we could open carry in IL that would be INCREDIBLE and it BLOWS MY MIND THAT ILLINOIS IS THE ONLY STATE NOW IN THE ENTIRE COUNRTY THAT OFFERS 0 to its law abiding citiziens! :U :U :U

Quick Silver Z 03-11-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy (Post 1577030254)
I would be ECSTATIC if we could open carry in IL that would be INCREDIBLE and it BLOWS MY MIND THAT ILLINOIS IS THE ONLY STATE NOW IN THE ENTIRE COUNRTY THAT OFFERS 0 to its law abiding citiziens! :U :U :U

I took the Utah permit class a couple weeks ago from a guy who lives in Richmond, IL. He said he shops in WI all the time and walks around Wal-Mart with a pistol on his hip. That would certainly feel strange???

mikeb 03-11-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z (Post 1577030574)
I took the Utah permit class a couple weeks ago from a guy who lives in Richmond, IL. He said he shops in WI all the time and walks around Wal-Mart with a pistol on his hip. That would certainly feel strange???

At a Wal-Mart around here?
I wouldn't go anywhere near a Wal-Mart with people carrying guns.
You ever see some of the freaks we got up here?
Most of the Wal-Marts look like a rest stop for traveling circus freak shows.
NFW.
NFW.

Mopar Jimmy 03-11-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by touringmike (Post 1577031625)
At a Wal-Mart around here?
I wouldn't go anywhere near a Wal-Mart with people carrying guns.
You ever see some of the freaks we got up here?
Most of the Wal-Marts look like a rest stop for traveling circus freak shows.
NFW.
NFW.

If there are that many whack jobs shopping there you can't blame the guy for packing heat when he goes shopping at the store in question? ;)

Comfortably Numb 03-12-2011 09:41 AM

I still have problems with this link and will seek another source/way of responding.

Don't forget that Madigan wants to expose all FOID owners by making their records public. Apparently, these idiots feel it will protect people. I don't want people knowing how many guns I have.

johnnyvettes 03-12-2011 09:49 AM

I am from Elmwood Park we have always carried . hell in grammer school I carried a .380 oh wait did I say that never mind we don't carry anything ! :lol: :lol:

Quick Silver Z 03-12-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts (Post 1577034279)
Don't forget that Madigan wants to expose all FOID owners by making their records public. Apparently, these idiots feel it will protect people. I don't want people knowing how many guns I have.

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — A judge has issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the Illinois State Police from releasing the names of registered gun owners in the state — something the agency doesn't want to do anyway.

The order was handed down Friday in Peoria. It is the latest chapter in a battle between the state's attorney general and police force over the release of names of the state's Firearm Owners Identification cardholders.

Last week, responding to a Freedom of Information request from The Associated Press, Attorney General Lisa Madigan ruled the names are public information and should be disclosed by the state police.

The state police refused to do so and Friday four Peoria-area members of the Illinois State Rifle Association and the association asked Judge Scott Shore to issue the order.

TOBASCO 03-12-2011 06:02 PM

Link still not working.

George, if you find another way in, let us know! :thumbs:

Quick Silver Z 03-12-2011 06:56 PM

Try and go through here, it just worked for me.

http://www.thesouthern.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

OR

http://www.senatorjohnsullivan.com/concealedcarry