CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   goodridge brake lines quality issue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2799509-goodridge-brake-lines-quality-issue.html)

Bobtam 03-20-2011 05:26 PM

goodridge brake lines quality issue

Just installed a set of Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines. Not impressed. Was told these are high quality and one line leaks at the flared fitting with the hard line. Took it apart several time and still leaks. Put the stock line back on and no leak. The spring clips they send with the lines are crap. Way to difficult to get them to link with the fittings for a good hold.
Have to do some calling to see if I can get a new line sent as the one I have is definately bad.
Anyone else had this problem?

0331MARINE 03-20-2011 05:55 PM

I've done a few sets of the Goodridge lines and only had a probelm with one(same place as your). They replaced it but it took some time for them to do it. I'm not a fan of the banjo fitting either. I run Russell SS lines on mine they have a square block instead of the banjo fitting. I've done alot of the Russell lines also and never had a problem with any of them.

96BLKTN 03-20-2011 06:43 PM

Russell here also, They fit just like stock and everything bolted up great.

Bobtam 03-20-2011 07:07 PM

Wish I had known this before. would have bought Russell. I don't mind the banjo much but the leaking has me concerned about quality. I'm checking the other fittings constantly for leaks. so far so good.

LoneStarFRC 03-20-2011 07:22 PM

I bought and installed a set of Goodridge hoses several years ago. No issues at all.

cdn ws6 03-21-2011 01:15 AM

Doug Rippie sells Goodridge lines that do not have banjo fittings and are slightly longer than stock. Excellent in my opinion!

4js 03-21-2011 01:37 AM

Ours works fine but yes not impressed with the quality~

Last C5 03-21-2011 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by 4js (Post 1577116034)
Ours works fine but yes not impressed with the quality~

:iagree: I'm going to try Stoptech next time.

olefam 03-21-2011 04:15 PM

Put on Goodridge last year. Work fine at all 4 corners.
Glen

Dope 03-21-2011 05:59 PM

Have had mine on the car for about 8 years. No issues.

Dope

Bobtam 03-21-2011 07:04 PM

Spoke with Goodridge today. They blamed it on poor threads on my hard line fitting. they are sending me a brass crush washer that fits inside their fitting. I asked if it was safe and they said they do this a lot. If it doesn't work they will send a new brake line.
Lets see what happens.

oh1vette 04-07-2011 02:43 PM

Looking to go stainless lines too and did some searching and came across this thread from just about a year ago that contends russell lines cause codes to be thrown?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...s-problem.html

Was liking the russells more cause they replicate the oem "block" connector design.

Any thoughts or experience?

Thanks all....

NealB 04-07-2011 06:09 PM

got some Goodridge lines for a Spec Miata

couldn't get it to seal with new or used copper gaskets

talked to a friend who runs a race shop, and he said he has quit using the Goodridge brand and will only do Russell

Gray Ghost GS 04-07-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC (Post 1577112991)
I bought and installed a set of Goodridge hoses several years ago. No issues at all.

No issues - I have Goodridge lines on three cars that I take on the road courses. No quality issues.

thorp 05-30-2018 07:49 PM

goodrich brake lines leaking

Originally Posted by Bobtam (Post 1577111905)
Just installed a set of Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines. Not impressed. Was told these are high quality and one line leaks at the flared fitting with the hard line. Took it apart several time and still leaks. Put the stock line back on and no leak. The spring clips they send with the lines are crap. Way to difficult to get them to link with the fittings for a good hold.
Have to do some calling to see if I can get a new line sent as the one I have is definately bad.
Anyone else had this problem?

Hi Bobcat, I realize I am 2018 replying to your 2007 post but these lines are still a problem. just fitted two new front ones, both leaking at the factory steel fitting, which are in excellent condition. had to put 2 new rubber ones back on quickly, leak free now, Just sent a mail to Goodrich, I purchased a complete car kit, not just fronts. I am absolutely shocked and amazed, the internet is alive with these hoses leaking, I paid ten times what the new replacements cost me, for the Goodrich set that leak cost. I do not know what I am going to do now, I do not want an expensive set of brake lines that could kill me and anyone else around when I crash. I am in shock at the amount of posts all over the internet on these, your Braking system the most important part of any vehicle. Regards John Thorp

Bobtam 06-02-2018 10:31 PM

Thorp
Goodridge sent me a package of the brass cone crush washers that fit into the flares at yhe factory fittings. Worked perfectly for the last 7 years no leaks. A friend had the same problem and he had his flares reflared and that worked for him but was suprised when i told him About the cones. Get the cones from Goodridge they were free. If you have removed the banjos make sure you get new crush washers for them as the old ones can leak if reused. Its a standard GM brake crush washer. Good luck. Have had lots of track time on the Goodridge lines with no problems.