CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Tire Rack Problems Anybody? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2802156-tire-rack-problems-anybody.html)

titaniumasm 03-24-2011 08:37 AM

Tire Rack Problems Anybody?

Well it's time for the new tires on my 03 Z and Tire Rack has the best price I have found so far on some Bridestone re760 by a long shot. I have stopped at a few tire stores and they either don't carry Bridestone or they want a stupid amount. One place quoted a price so high I could get the PS2. So I plan on tire rack and just taking the wheels off myself, throw them in the back of my truck and going somewhere to have them swapped out. My question is there any problem with tire rack at all?

dgrant3830 03-24-2011 08:53 AM

I've ordered from them a couple of times with zero problems. Never heard of anyone having problems either.

CBackous 03-24-2011 09:02 AM

got some tires from them back in Jan. Good price and fast shipping.

just inc 03-24-2011 09:09 AM

Great prices and fast shipping! .....my only problem is they don't sale mickey thompsons or nittos!

c5vetteguy 03-24-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dgrant3830 (Post 1577147305)
I've ordered from them a couple of times with zero problems. Never heard of anyone having problems either.

ditto

MAC5 03-24-2011 09:27 AM

Ordered new Michelins and pressure sensors last Nov. Everything arrived 48 hours later. Great service and best prices.

pewter99 03-24-2011 09:28 AM

I don't think you will find any complaints

TNRAT 03-24-2011 09:29 AM

I have ordered over a dozen tires during the past 5 years and always received them within 2 business days in good shape.

melvingregory 03-24-2011 09:30 AM

Gotten tires for four different corvettes, one set of new sensors and tires for two different cars. Not a issue at all. I like the reviews and specs, saved me some money on tires for my SUV when I reviewed the reviews. I was going to put on Michelins, but went with another brand because of the reviews and am very happy with them. Of course I get next day service on ground since they come out of Indiana. You problably should get two day service there if the tires go thru Louisville hub. Check out the local installers on their list. I had my dropped shipped to one in my area and didn't have to mess with hauling them around.

jrose7004 03-24-2011 09:30 AM

My experience was great with them.

Bimmervet 03-24-2011 09:31 AM

Never a problem. Do a search on the Tire Rack site for an installer near you and they will ship the tires direct to them and give you a discount firm price on mounting/balance.

DarkBlueC5 03-24-2011 09:37 AM

In the past 5 years I have made several orders including wheels and tires mounted, 2 sets of snow tires for different vehicles, and a set of lowering springs/shocks for an Audi I used to own. In all situations, TireRack was awesome. Easy to order online, quick delivery, great packaging for delivery, and if you do need to talk to someone on the phone over there they are very customer service oriented. Go for it.

00 Rooster 03-24-2011 09:46 AM

I live in western Canada and purchased tires from tire rack for my vette which was still in NJ waiting for me to go get it. tires were shipped to NJ no problem. I would say go for it and find a good tire shop.

Luke@tirerack 03-24-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1577147574)
I don't think you will find any complaints

Wrong ... my wife says I spend too many hours here especially at the Corvette clubs AutoX's on the weekends in the warmer months ...

here's a link to place your order or you can call me directly

Dave68 03-24-2011 10:17 AM

With the exception of Luke, Tirerack folks are very knowledgeable and friendly. :lol:

Seriously, I've used them many times throughout the years (most recently, last month for tires for the wife's vehicle) and have never been dissappointed with their srvice or prices.

acrace 03-24-2011 10:17 AM

I must've bought about a dozen or so sets of tires over the past twenty-plus years and have always been pleased by the service and the price. I've also gotten some shocks and accessories. The one time I didn't like my purchase they gave me an authorization number for a return without any hassles.

molten vett 03-24-2011 10:18 AM

I just bought tires from them a couple weeks ago. Ordered on Monday and my tires were there Tuesday morning!

Marine One 03-24-2011 10:35 AM

Another great experience here. I've probably ordered five or six sets of tires from them over the years. They ship direct to the installer of your choice, so there is no need to even handle the tires. I've found that the tires usually arrive sooner than what they quote when you're ordering. I did have to return one tire to them that couldn't be road force balanced, and they were very easy to deal with.

Marine One 03-24-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack (Post 1577147966)

here's a link to place your order or you can call me directly

That is cool :cool:

dmarkshark 03-24-2011 10:40 AM

I just bought 2 tires(wifes car) from them, they were amazing! I ordered the tires, because no one in the Dallas area had them in stock? Ordered on Thurs afternoon, delivered Friday afternoon, standard shipping. I was shocked, and so was the tire store when I took them in to have them put on. Everyone I talked to around here said four of five days. Wow.