CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Wax in addition to Meguiars MF / DA correction system? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/2837841-wax-in-addition-to-meguiars-mf-da-correction-system.html)

Michael_D 05-17-2011 12:36 PM

Wax in addition to Meguiars MF / DA correction system?

I am wondering if I should (or need) to wax the car (blk Z06) after going over it with Meguiars micro fiber paint correction system.

I've gone over the car twice now with this system and the polish just doesn't seam to stick very long. The only reason I've done this twice is because the first time I did it, I was just learning how to use the product. The second time I had much better results. After one wash the car is no longer 'slippery' to the touch. Do I just go over the car another time with the polish, use something else, or call it good?

thanks.....mike

Innovative714 05-17-2011 01:55 PM

I find that a nice application of M21 with a Black Soft Buff 2.0 pad definitley does the trick to compliment the the great results of the MF D/A system...Did you use the 2 step system or only the finishing wax?

Michael_D 05-17-2011 03:08 PM

Thank you. Yes, I used the two part system.

I'm not very familiar with detailing products. What's M21 and where would I find one of the buffing pads you mention?

Killrwheels@Autogeek 05-17-2011 07:30 PM

The Finishing Wax does contain its own protection abilities with polymers and carnauba. You can certainly try and top it with a pure wax as desired however.

http://www.autogeek.net/meg26hitpasw.html

and you can get all your supplies with us at www.autogeek.net

Michael_D 05-18-2011 10:24 AM

Thanks Nick. At the rate I've been buying stuff from you guys, I might as well set up an account.......

So is there a reason to stick with Meguires products, or would it be OK to use other brands?

Is there an advantage to using one of the synthetic based waxes over regular?

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com 05-18-2011 10:30 AM

It does have its own protection when finishing with the DA System, but if you want to add more then no problem in that dept. Use a good Carnauba paste wax and you're good to go.

Killrwheels@Autogeek 05-18-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_D (Post 1577646763)
Thanks Nick. At the rate I've been buying stuff from you guys, I might as well set up an account.......

So is there a reason to stick with Meguires products, or would it be OK to use other brands?

Is there an advantage to using one of the synthetic based waxes over regular?

it was actually Scott :cheers:

Paint sealants (synthetic waxes) want to bond to clean and well prepped paint. Most really dont like the oils found in most carnauba waxes. Since the Finishing Wax has carnauba in it already, I would use a compatible pure wax topper as desired. Pinnacle, Dodo, Poorboys, and more will work also.

Like dem Vettes 05-18-2011 05:57 PM

I use Meguiars #21 over the Meguiars Show Car Glaze (pure polish, no cleaners or wax). The #21 goes on easily with the Porter Cable 7424. I apply multiple coats of #21 after waiting eight hours for each application to cure. Meguiars states that you can apply carnauba wax over the sealant after eight hours for a deeper shine.

Michael_D 05-18-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek (Post 1577650675)
it was actually Scott :cheers:

Paint sealants (synthetic waxes) want to bond to clean and well prepped paint. Most really dont like the oils found in most carnauba waxes. Since the Finishing Wax has carnauba in it already, I would use a compatible pure wax topper as desired. Pinnacle, Dodo, Poorboys, and more will work also.

oh...hi Scott! :cheers:

thanks for that info. I'll order some in a bit.