CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Dura-Seal worked for me!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/2838040-dura-seal-worked-for-me.html)

Bubba91 05-17-2011 05:19 PM

Dura-Seal worked for me!!!

I had a blown head gasket and tried Dura-seal with "bated breath", but it worked. Who knows how long it will hold, but I haven't been able to drive my car for about 2 months now.
It took a few heat cycles (per instructions), but it is not overheating anymore. Before using it I couldn't even make it around the block before it would overheat. I couldn't be happier:D
Here is my original thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...dura-seal.html

383vett 05-17-2011 05:25 PM

Cool! :thumbs:

F22 05-17-2011 06:32 PM

Glad it worked out! I was one of the guys who said 'go for it'. What could you lose? So far, so good!

kenv 05-17-2011 09:21 PM

:cool: Hope it holds. :cheers:

86PACER 05-17-2011 09:35 PM

I fixed a definate blown head gasket with an $80 V6 dose of Steel Seal on a friend's '87 Ford Ranger.

Almost 3 years later now and it's still not loosing any coolant or smoking white. The original owner overheated it due to a failed water pump and it had been sitting under a tree without moving for years. Before Steel Seal I could hear coolant gushing into the cylinders with the plugs removed when I pumped the cooling system with my pressure tester. I've repeated the pressure test at various times since then and pressure still held rock solid. In fact I just seen the truck the other day. He's driven it daily to and from work just about every day since without any white smoke or coolant loss. Drives perfectly fine as if the head gasket was never blown to begin with.

This was my first and only time using a head gasket sealer.

The only reason I used this product was because he did not have the money to take the heads off the engine. I avoided the parts store sealers because they use loose particulates suspended in a fluid to make the seal. I didn't want that stuff floating around the cooling system and heater core. I once used a Bar's product to seal a leaking radiator and that stuff was garbage. I didn't do a damn thing but fill my cooling system with a bunch of shiny "particulates" that took several flushes to flush out completely.

Other sealers are multi step and complicated to use and must be flushed back out of the system. Steel Seal is completely clear and looks just like green antifreeze. I just poured it into the radiator and let the car idle at about 1500 RPM for about 20 minutes. Your pout it in and leave it in.
I literally saw the white smoke stop as I stood there couting the minutes down.

Williamsm315 11-09-2012 01:43 PM

Yeah I used that Dura Seal on my Silverado, bad white smoke from tailpipe and missing. Would overheat as soon as I hit around 45-50 mph. Ordered the duraseal head gasket sealer cause it don't use that wtaer-glass crap like bars or blue devil and it's supposed to stay flexible. Well it worked for me too!!! Great product cool tech department guys to. I'd reccomend it to everybody!

DavesC4 01-29-2013 09:40 AM

Where can you get the Dura-Seal or Seal-Steel stuff at?

Bubba91 01-29-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by DavesC4 (Post 1582975662)
Where can you get the Dura-Seal or Seal-Steel stuff at?

I ordered mine online. Not sure if it was a head gasket leak, though. I ended up replacing the radiator, which I think was the original problem. It did, however, run better for awhile after I did the dura-seal treatment. They do have a money back guarantee, though. I still believe it's a good product, as I never had any adverse affects from it. Good luck.

GKK 01-30-2013 12:28 PM

Dura Seal uses a Flexible Polymer which does not get brittle and crack over time like the liquid glass formulas used in, Steel Seal, Blue Devil and most other liquid head gasket repair. :thumbs:

JackDidley 01-30-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by F22 (Post 1577641564)
Glad it worked out! I was one of the guys who said 'go for it'. What could you lose? So far, so good!

:iagree: Me too.:cheers: