CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   So this is what it's like driving a C3 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/2850716-so-this-is-what-its-like-driving-a-c3.html)

Dose11 06-07-2011 03:00 PM

So this is what it's like driving a C3

I have always wanted one of these cars...and as some of you all know I picked her up on sunday...well I have always thought that these were some of the best looking cars made...and I don't see too many(actually saw someone with a 2 toned Blue and Gray one today at a traffic light on Cobb Parkway let me know if you are here!) so I never thought ppl cared about them....BOY WAS I WRONG...On the way back from Tennessee I was stopped at the rest stop...a Guy just stood there in front of my for 5 minutes and kept saying she was beautiful...and I only had her for 45 minutes! Yesterday was my first day out driving...and me and the wife cruised around town with the tops off. I have received thumbs ups, waves, ppl saying G*d D*mn while driving by, 2 Guys in the parking lot coming from dinner asked me how much I wanted for it...went to a little lounge the Bouncer was like...You Got you something there young man...thats nice...

And its not the ppl that make me feel like wow! It is the car in general sitting in it is the coolest thing I have ever experienced...the Curves of these Cars are to die for...I feel like I am in a whole different world when driving and when I open my garage door or walk outside I just say wow! I just came back from buyavette to set up a inspection and walked their showroom it was like heaven...and I own a little piece I took some pics I will post of the dealership. But I am glad to be apart of the C3 family...one of my best decisions yet!:D

fugawi 06-07-2011 03:02 PM

welcome to the madness...:flag:

fazang 06-07-2011 03:05 PM

Nice post!
Congrats, so what year you got ?
-ALF out...

andycw 06-07-2011 03:05 PM

Well Said

Couldn't have said it better myself! It is an addiction.

capevettes 06-07-2011 03:08 PM

Glad you are enjoying your new Vette. Life has officially begun :D It never gets old :thumbs:

Steve~74 06-07-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dose11 (Post 1577817403)
I have always wanted one of these cars...and as some of you all know I picked her up on sunday...well I have always thought that these were some of the best looking cars made...and I don't see too many(actually saw someone with a 2 toned Blue and Gray one today at a traffic light on Cobb Parkway let me know if you are here!) so I never thought ppl cared about them....BOY WAS I WRONG...On the way back from Tennessee I was stopped at the rest stop...a Guy just stood there in front of my for 5 minutes and kept saying she was beautiful...and I only had her for 45 minutes! Yesterday was my first day out driving...and me and the wife cruised around town with the tops off. I have received thumbs ups, waves, ppl saying G*d D*mn while driving by, 2 Guys in the parking lot coming from dinner asked me how much I wanted for it...went to a little lounge the Bouncer was like...You Got you something there young man...thats nice...

And its not the ppl that make me feel like wow! It is the car in general sitting in it is the coolest thing I have ever experienced...the Curves of these Cars are to die for...I feel like I am in a whole different world when driving and when I open my garage door or walk outside I just say wow! I just came back from buyavette to set up a inspection and walked their showroom it was like heaven...and I own a little piece I took some pics I will post of the dealership. But I am glad to be apart of the C3 family...one of my best decisions yet!:D

...and that's just the beginning, trust me, you will have more and more stories like this.....welcome to the C3 family.

Dose11 06-07-2011 03:09 PM

Pics of the dealership
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/..._4590642_s.jpg
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/..._6907241_s.jpg
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/...6_647190_s.jpg

And this is when I got home on Sunday I took a lil snapshot
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/..._5389300_s.jpg

...Roger... 06-07-2011 03:12 PM

Oh you guys , these things are 4 wheels of trouble and ride like log-wagons. :rofl:

Dose , ENJOY :cheers:

Dose11 06-07-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by fugawi (Post 1577817434)

Glad to be a part of it!

Originally Posted by fazang (Post 1577817460)
Nice post!
Congrats, so what year you got ?
-ALF out...

Thanks it's an 81 to match the yr I was born...Turn 30 in 13 days!

Originally Posted by andycw (Post 1577817462)
Couldn't have said it better myself! It is an addiction.

This is one addiction I don't mind having

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1577817482)
Glad you are enjoying your new Vette. Life has officially begun :D It never gets old :thumbs:

Life has definitely just begun...I am just glad I made it here so I can start living

Originally Posted by Steve~74 (Post 1577817488)
...and that's just the beginning, trust me, you will have more and more stories like this.....welcome to the C3 family.

Trust me I believe it! I have only had her since Sunday!
A Great Family to be a part of :cheers:

Dose11 06-07-2011 03:50 PM

UGHHH I was putting the tops back on...and apparently a didnt pull the down far enough when I went to lock them in place....messed up the paint and the fiberglass....AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

srs244 06-07-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by fugawi (Post 1577817434)

:iagree:it never ends (thankfully, lol) welcome:thumbs:

ptroxx 06-07-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dose11 (Post 1577817842)
UGHHH I was putting the tops back on...and apparently a didnt pull the down far enough when I went to lock them in place....messed up the paint and the fiberglass....AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Slow down little buck-a-roo........I guess you get to find your new fiberglass guy sooner than later....

Sorry man... I got my car out of the paint shop on april 2nd, april 9 a woman hit me...its going back to the show nxt week...so i feel ya..

Raphiki 06-07-2011 04:19 PM

Welcome to the zoo! How'd you get to your wife to ride around with her tops off? :willy:

Dose11 06-07-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ptroxx (Post 1577818037)
Slow down little buck-a-roo........I guess you get to find your new fiberglass guy sooner than later....

Sorry man... I got my car out of the paint shop on april 2nd, april 9 a woman hit me...its going back to the show nxt week...so i feel ya..

I know it... :( oh well...I guess now she's officially mine lol...adds a lil character :ack:

Dose11 06-07-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Raphiki (Post 1577818113)
Welcome to the zoo! How'd you get to your wife to ride around with her tops off? :willy:

:rofl:

boltnut 06-07-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ...Roger... (Post 1577817514)
Oh you guys , these things are 4 wheels of trouble and ride like log-wagons. :rofl:

never was a more accurate statement made ! gotta love it !

oldsarge 06-07-2011 04:30 PM

I am with Roger...:lol::lol::lol:

...Roger... 06-07-2011 04:53 PM

4 wheels of trouble and ride like log-wagons.

That was my late fathers quote after I had my first vette for a couple years. Every time he'd ride with me he would say come on boy "mash" that pedal down I wanta hear some rubber burn. :rofl:

Brooklinite 06-07-2011 04:59 PM

Dose...you sound downright giddy.

Enjoy the ride. :cheers:

Dose11 06-07-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brooklinite (Post 1577818438)
Dose...you sound downright giddy.

Enjoy the ride. :cheers:

Man you have to understand...I have worked EVERYDAY since September 18th! Yes thats Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Yrs, and all in between for 90+ hrs every week! We sold 2 of our cars to help start our business...fast forward 8 months...It's Summertime we have employees now...my wife is on summer break(teacher) so she can stay at the business...and I turn 30 in 13 days and I have wanted one of these cars since forever...and all I wanted was to purchase one for my 30th birthday...and I DID! So this car is wayyy more to me than just a car...it might not be perfect...or the most expensive or the flashiest...But its Mine...and I love it to death
:D:thumbs::cheers::flag: