CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Creaks and Rattles (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2854014-creaks-and-rattles.html)

dfarese 06-12-2011 07:19 PM

Creaks and Rattles

Am I the only one that have a bunch of creaks and rattles in their c6?

I own a C6 GS 2010, with only 12,500 miles on it, while driving both front window pillars, and right door creak and rattle, well the door isn't really a constant rattle it makes a bang or crack noise ever few minutes, it's fricking annoying and gotta try to turn up the music to wash it out. but this is ********, I get in my GF much cheaper 2006 Mercedes, or a loaner VW CC chevy gave me and they make no noises, even when pushing on panels or what not.

Makes the car feel so damn cheap, listening to it. is this problems others have had, is their a solution, or would chevy dealer do something about it. I feel Chevy would say, it's suppose to creak and crack, what do you think cars do.

Tin Star 06-12-2011 07:24 PM

Saving weight is a two edged sword....

crusher1 06-12-2011 07:30 PM

hmm wondering if its your top making noise??...My 07 did this-- creak and pop......I added the E-clips and problem was sloved Noise gone! :thumbs:...Dont think it may be your problem but check it out anyway

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ing-noise.html

lee_mcrae 06-12-2011 07:33 PM

Nope i have the same problems i have a GS convertible

dfarese 06-12-2011 07:34 PM

No seams like my top is quiet, really seams the noises are coming from right door and pillars.

Also when I have song with some base, the plastic panel right behind the speaker on the door rattles something awefull.

dfarese 06-12-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lee_mcrae (Post 1577862201)
Nope i have the same problems i have a GS convertible

Dude, it's almost embarrassing when you give someone a ride. it's like you paid how much for this.....

laconiajack 06-12-2011 07:42 PM

I have a 2009 coupe with 21,748 miles and 35 months on it and it doesn't make any body noises at all, and didn't even when I had the OEM Goodyears on it. However I have the F55 rather than the Z51 suspension like you, which might make a difference. However, my transparent top used to pop and creeked before I put shrink wrap over the locating posts after I owned it for a week or two; nothing since this fix. Maybe it is your top making some of the noises you are hearing. Good luck finding and fixing you noises; if your like me it must really bother you...and for good reason.

crusher1 06-12-2011 07:44 PM

Here is some more stuff I found..Take a look see if it helps

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2011...ice-bulletins/

BT ZR1 06-12-2011 07:45 PM

There is a tsb on the door strickers. Get them checked.

wdavis 06-12-2011 07:46 PM

My 08 rattles like a bucket of bolts. It makes my s2000 feel like a luxury car. I hate it

lee_mcrae 06-12-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by dfarese (Post 1577862223)
Dude, it's almost embarrassing when you give someone a ride. it's like you paid how much for this.....

Exactly and its in both my doors I think I'm gonna take them apart n see what's loose. If I can't find it I'm gonna demand the dealer to find the problem. I'm also gonna start a thread and post a video of me driving the car so other people can be aware of this noise.

Gearhead Jim 06-12-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BT ZR1 (Post 1577862308)
There is a tsb on the door strickers. Get them checked.

I think the bulletin on the door strikes is part of the bulletin about noisy tops, or is repeated there.

Turned out that part of my noisy top problem was defective door strikes, and part of my noisy door problem was in the top.
Get the bulletin, follow it step-by-step, and you'll probably be better off.

Good luck!

PS- My car has 34k miles on the Z51 suspension, no rattles or squeaks now.

dfarese 06-12-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by lee_mcrae (Post 1577862436)
Exactly and its in both my doors I think I'm gonna take them apart n see what's loose. If I can't find it I'm gonna demand the dealer to find the problem. I'm also gonna start a thread and post a video of me driving the car so other people can be aware of this noise.

Just post the video in here, since we already have good information in this thread, not to mention making another one would just be putting information somewhere else to find, lets try to keep it all in one place so people can follow.

Batman 357 06-12-2011 10:23 PM

The only extra noise on my 08 is the top creaking when it's been parked in the sun for a while.

sublime1996525 06-12-2011 11:16 PM

My 06 Z06 rattles some too. It drives me crazy.

bearman95 06-12-2011 11:17 PM

Our 09 coupe with z51 is rattle free.

C7Joy 06-12-2011 11:33 PM

The only thing that makes noise on my '06 is the tires! :rofl: But that will be over in a few days when I pull the GY F1s and mount the Michelin Pilot Sports. When I bought my car I expected squeaks but have none, no rattles, car is solid! :thumbs:

If your car is a 2010 you must have warranty coverage with your low miles. Take it to a dealer and have them fix you up under the bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Wayne O 06-12-2011 11:38 PM

I think most C6's are fairly rattle free but the forum sees such complaints from time to time. My 2005 gets hard use and it's remarkably tight. I used to get some minor stress noise from the roof panel but that was corrected with the roof panel recall. Chances are those squeaks and rattles can be tracked down and fixed. If you can show the mechanic what's going on I imagine the warranty would cover it. Good luck.

rmedina 06-12-2011 11:39 PM

Trust me every vette rattles. To the people that say their car is rattle free try driving on a cobblestone road. This will bring the out the rattles. My girl's 2004 G35 is solid and has zero rattles.

WMark 06-13-2011 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne O (Post 1577864268)
I think most C6's are fairly rattle free but the forum sees such complaints from time to time. My 2005 gets hard use and it's remarkably tight. I used to get some minor stress noise from the roof panel but that was corrected with the roof panel recall. Chances are those squeaks and rattles can be tracked down and fixed. If you can show the mechanic what's going on I imagine the warranty would cover it. Good luck.

:iagree: I've driven four Corvettes over my half-mile dirt/rutted road to the pavement, for eleven years. Actually a mile round-trip for every venture out. 1997 held together, 2002 held together. Okay, 2006 had some window mech rattle, but otherwise solid. I've only had the 2010 for a year, but goes up and down my dirt road as solid as my Jeep (although, we do it more slowly in the Corvette!)

No complaints, here.

:cheers: