CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Need Extended GMPP Warranty (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2871318-need-extended-gmpp-warranty.html)

JGarland 07-10-2011 08:37 PM

Need Extended GMPP Warranty

I have a 2007 Z06 and although it only has 22k miles on it, the 3yr/36k bumper-to-bumper warranty has run out.

The 5 year powertrain warranty will be running out any month now. (not sure when it was originally purched. I got it used)

I need to get an extended warranty from GMPP for at least 3 more years as I plan on keeping it until the C7s come out.

Can anyone give me a quote on some extended GMPP options? Or send me in the right direction?

Price will be the deciding factor.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Dearborn 07-10-2011 09:16 PM

You waited too long on the GMPP Major Guard. Had to purchase it before the 3/36 ran out. Call Dennis Fichtner and ask him about Vehicle One.

Bill

tim414 07-10-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JGarland (Post 1578098243)
I have a 2007 Z06 and although it only has 22k miles on it, the 3yr/36k bumper-to-bumper warranty has run out.

The 5 year powertrain warranty will be running out any month now. (not sure when it was originally purched. I got it used)

I need to get an extended warranty from GMPP for at least 3 more years as I plan on keeping it until the C7s come out.

Can anyone give me a quote on some extended GMPP options? Or send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Your option for a GM warranty HAS run out I believe. In order to get one, you either have to get the GMPP warranty BEFORE the 3/36 expires or have bought it used from a Chevy dealer who certifies the car and then you can get one. Otherwise, your left to aftermarket warranties.

Someone correct if I'm wrong here....sorry to be bearer of of this news....

RUBYREDVET 07-10-2011 10:22 PM

Thanks in advance.

Someone snoozed and you lose.:ack:
I know for sure that Warranty Direct won't warranty any Z06.:eek:
Good luck finding a warranty company.:thumbs:

TRINIC5 07-10-2011 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET (Post 1578099108)

Why do you have to say its a Z06, just fill the forms out and say a 2007 C6 Corvette MN6 and then after the warranty is in full effect they will know the difference in the motor size or if you make a claim.

K.Shupe 07-10-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn (Post 1578098537)
You waited too long on the GMPP Major Guard. Had to purchase it before the 3/36 ran out. Call Dennis Fichtner and ask him about Vehicle One.

Bill

:iagree: Dennis is a good guy with the best prices on extended warranties. Too late for GMPP but Vehicle One should get you what you want.

RUBYREDVET 07-10-2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by TRINIC5 (Post 1578099203)
Why do you have to say its a Z06, just fill the forms out and say a 2007 C6 Corvette MN6 and then after the warranty is in full effect they will know the difference in the motor size or if you make a claim.

They will probably want the VIN #. VIN doesn't lie.:D

TRINIC5 07-10-2011 10:57 PM

Thanks in advance.

Did you bought the car new, if so, I will tell you, if you go back to the salesman he would help you get the warranty through GM and I am certain he will but don't make it a public thing on the forum and tell everyone, they will certified your car and help you just like if it was a used car.

y2kvette 07-10-2011 11:08 PM

VIN # tells them which model you have
GMPP is the way to go but has to be purchased before b2b 3/36 runs out
some after market warranty companies won't touch a z06
read all the small print before paying for the extended warranty
i believe some warranty companies will install good used parts

JGarland 07-11-2011 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET (Post 1578099108)

Thanks for the constructive reply and the cute icons.

Chevy Cust Svc 07-11-2011 11:21 AM

I agree with Bill Dearborn that Dennis Fichtner is a good person to contact, but GMPP had to be purchased before the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty was up. I’m not sure what other options there are for you but I believe Dennis would know.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

JBauer47 07-11-2011 11:29 AM

Can the GMPP be purchased at anytime before 3/36 is up?

FNBADAZ06 07-11-2011 11:31 AM

Can you extend (for a fee) a pre-existing GMPP contract on a 2006 C6 Z06 ?

Chevy Cust Svc 07-11-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 (Post 1578102368)
Can you extend (for a fee) a pre-existing GMPP contract on a 2006 C6 Z06 ?

I’d suggest calling the GMPP customer service phone number. They’ll be able to help you further: 800-631-5590.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

Chevy Cust Svc 07-11-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBauer47 (Post 1578102340)
Can the GMPP be purchased at anytime before 3/36 is up?

As long as it’s before the 3/36 is up, yes, I believe you can purchase it at any time.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

CeYaBye 07-11-2011 05:29 PM

Chime In

Had to chime in on this post. Thanks to everyone who has recommended me and yes you must purchase a GMPP before the 3/36 is up and not the 5/100 powertrain. I have had (3) customers this morning alone that was told when they bought the car they could bet a GMPP as long as they did not let the 5 years expire-WRONG.

You can purchase a Vehicle One plan from me on any 2007 or newer vehicle and it must be also under 60K for miles.

Hope this helps everyone!!

Dennis Fichtner

FNBADAZ06 07-11-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc (Post 1578104940)
I’d suggest calling the GMPP customer service phone number. They’ll be able to help you further: 800-631-5590.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

Thanks !!!

Just as an FYI, I did call them and the answer is YES....if you have a current GMPP you can extend the policy as long as you renew within one month of the experation of the current policy :thumbs:

They said that they don't offer a $0 Deductable when you go this route, but rather a $50 Deductable if extending your current policy.

TapOut 07-11-2011 06:10 PM

Just wanted to throw out another option as well. The Fidelity auto warranty is great also, and can be purchased anytime, even if the current auto warranty is expired. They also have a pretty awesome feature that they will refund you $2k dollars at the end of the warranty if you end up not using it.

I had the extended GMPP and also purchased the Fidelity one through Boardwalk Chevy. So I ended up canceling my GMPP one to get some cash back. And just recently I ended up using the Fidelity one which was super easy. They authorized the dealer to replace my entire transmission and gave me a car rental for a week.

(Please keep your comments to yourself if you are a GMPP fan. I'm only offering the OP an alternate solution with a great company that I have personally used and recommend.)

Chevy Cust Svc 07-12-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 (Post 1578105950)
Thanks !!!

Just as an FYI, I did call them and the answer is YES....if you have a current GMPP you can extend the policy as long as you renew within one month of the experation of the current policy :thumbs:

They said that they don't offer a $0 Deductable when you go this route, but rather a $50 Deductable if extending your current policy.

Glad they were able to help, and thanks for sharing this information with everyone!

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

619grappler 07-12-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by TapOut (Post 1578106150)
Just wanted to throw out another option as well. The Fidelity auto warranty is great also, and can be purchased anytime, even if the current auto warranty is expired. They also have a pretty awesome feature that they will refund you $2k dollars at the end of the warranty if you end up not using it.

I had the extended GMPP and also purchased the Fidelity one through Boardwalk Chevy. So I ended up canceling my GMPP one to get some cash back. And just recently I ended up using the Fidelity one which was super easy. They authorized the dealer to replace my entire transmission and gave me a car rental for a week.

(Please keep your comments to yourself if you are a GMPP fan. I'm only offering the OP an alternate solution with a great company that I have personally used and recommend.)

Will the Fidelity warranty cover modded vehicles?