CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Hp tuners supercharger file (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/2882929-hp-tuners-supercharger-file.html)

djwho 07-29-2011 12:50 AM

Hp tuners supercharger file

Hi does anyone have a hp tuners supercharger file thanks

j_digi454 07-29-2011 09:51 AM

:bigears

djwho 07-29-2011 09:56 AM

Wow that's helpful

j_digi454 07-29-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by djwho (Post 1578263481)
Wow that's helpful

It just means that I'm looking for the same info. No offense intended.

djwho 07-29-2011 03:17 PM

Oh aite sorry about that

chimazo 07-29-2011 07:20 PM

Pretty sure there is one in the HPT repository for an LS3, and I believe there's a few for an LS2...

djwho 07-29-2011 08:31 PM

Any links

JesseBBB 07-29-2011 08:37 PM

Link to the HP tuners forum

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php

djwho 07-29-2011 10:28 PM

Can I dl and use these tunes in my car and make a custom tune from them? I'm a newbie my tuner just made me buy hp tunners I just Wana be more informed

bwfredette 08-19-2011 11:44 AM

What exactly are you looking for?

This is the first I heard of a SC tuner file. I think you are looking for a copy of tune from someones car that is running a SC... Is this the case? If so I can tell you this much, Your car is different. There is no real smoking bullet for SC cars. I have a handfull of SC tunes I use as reference, but they are all so different that it has hardly helped. Each car is different:

1) What head unit are you running
2) what pully size
3) Which MAP sensor
4) What MAF tube do you have and what MAF sensor?
5) which injectors
6) what is your goal
7) Do you need to scale the tune
8) what fule are you going to run
9) are you going to run a SD tune
10) Is your car an Automatic or standard
11) are you running headers and did you delete rear O2's
12) do you have a wide band O2 installed

There seems to be a hundred ways to skin this cat and every one who tries to make a tutorial gives conflicting info. after 18 months I am starting to get it locked down. Greg Banishes 2nd DVD was the key that helped me understand what I needed to do. Its expensive but you can always buy used and resell when you are done.

Ultimatly I upgraded my MAF using MAF Monsters guide. I put in a 2 BAR MAP, and an wideband O2. I've tuned the injectors using Greg banishes data and now I am tuning the MAF. From there on out I plan on tunning for power using the wideband and my log files on a long stretch of empty road. I haven't decided on the AFR I'll be targeting yet, and I need to get my Meth system working the way I want.

I hope this advice helps. If there is a SC patch or magic file for HPTuners, please let me know

NarenO 09-25-2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bwfredette (Post 1578455110)
This is the first I heard of a SC tuner file. I think you are looking for a copy of tune from someones car that is running a SC... Is this the case? If so I can tell you this much, Your car is different. There is no real smoking bullet for SC cars. I have a handfull of SC tunes I use as reference, but they are all so different that it has hardly helped. Each car is different:

1) What head unit are you running
2) what pully size
3) Which MAP sensor
4) What MAF tube do you have and what MAF sensor?
5) which injectors
6) what is your goal
7) Do you need to scale the tune
8) what fule are you going to run
9) are you going to run a SD tune
10) Is your car an Automatic or standard
11) are you running headers and did you delete rear O2's
12) do you have a wide band O2 installed

There seems to be a hundred ways to skin this cat and every one who tries to make a tutorial gives conflicting info. after 18 months I am starting to get it locked down. Greg Banishes 2nd DVD was the key that helped me understand what I needed to do. Its expensive but you can always buy used and resell when you are done.

Ultimatly I upgraded my MAF using MAF Monsters guide. I put in a 2 BAR MAP, and an wideband O2. I've tuned the injectors using Greg banishes data and now I am tuning the MAF. From there on out I plan on tunning for power using the wideband and my log files on a long stretch of empty road. I haven't decided on the AFR I'll be targeting yet, and I need to get my Meth system working the way I want.

I hope this advice helps. If there is a SC patch or magic file for HPTuners, please let me know

Any way I can get a couple of the file or chat with you? I have my mod list and can buy the file closest to what you have if possible.

If you are willing to help my number is 763-248-3213. Thanks

bwfredette 09-26-2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by NarenO (Post 1598047303)
Any way I can get a couple of the file or chat with you? I have my mod list and can buy the file closest to what you have if possible.

If you are willing to help my number is 763-248-3213. Thanks

I can try and help when a little time frees up. Why don't you list the items that I mentioned below so I can see if there is anything I can help with.

schpenxel 10-01-2018 01:22 PM

Should be able to find something off the repository but keep in mind ANYONE can put ANYTHING up there, so plenty of them are total garbage.

Really you need to understand the basics--proper injector data, correct MAP sensor and settings, decide if you're doing MAF/SD or mixed mode, and start tuning airflow models accordingly. Then tune for YOUR car. There are too many small differences from one setup to another to just trust someone else's file...

1966427 10-02-2018 04:18 PM

I just got done tuning my grandsport w/ a ecs kit. Had tons of help from guys on this forum, hptuners website, and ED from ERM performance. If you do the research the info to get it done is out there. If you get started and have specific questions I'll be happy to help. I am no expert tho. I highly recommend checking out the ERM performance website.