CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Display boost, air/fuel ratio, or any 0-5 volt signal on the HUD or DIC! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2884113-display-boost-air-fuel-ratio-or-any-0-5-volt-signal-on-the-hud-or-dic.html)

DashTronix 07-31-2011 03:01 AM

Display boost, air/fuel ratio, or any 0-5 volt signal on the HUD or DIC!

Introducing the DashTronix Gauge Projector

You can now display boost, air / fuel ratio, fuel pressure, or any other 0-5 volt signal in your 2005-Up Corvette HUD or DIC!

The DashTronix Gauge Projector™ is an exciting and revolutionary automotive grade product that places information from two 0-5 volt sources onto your DIC and/or HUD in “Street Mode”.

You can now display boost, air / fuel ratio, fuel pressure, or any other 0-5 volt signal in your 2005-Up Corvette HUD or DIC!

The Gauge Projector™ accepts two 0-5 volt input signals via spade-lug terminals on the unit. Just wire your 0-5 volt signals into the GP™ and then program it with your ranges.

The user programs the ranges the voltages correspond to and the lower-bounds which must be exceeded for the Gauge Projector™ to display the gauge.

The HUD displays a meter with a user-programmable range for each gauge. Each gauge has a 3-character label which is fully user-programmable.

Programming of all parameters via DIC-based menus takes approximately 180 seconds by placing the vehicle in Accessory mode and using only the unlock or lock button. Output location (DIC and/or HUD) is selectable when the vehicle is running by using the lock button.

Gauge Projector™ description:
  • The Gauge Projector™ (GP™) uses the navigation functionality of the HUD and/or DIC, regardless of whether you have a navigation unit, to provide the driver graphical representation and numerical values of two externally provided inputs such as a boost gauge or AFR gauge.
  • Input voltage to the two inputs must be between 0-5 V. DO NOT PROVIDE INPUT VOLTAGES OUTSIDE THIS RANGE. YOU CAN DESTORY THE GP™.
  • The GP™ is programmed in Accessory mode via DIC-based user menus to calibrate the GP™ to the voltage boundaries (e.g., 0 V=-15 PSI and 5 V=15 PSI), the trip/trigger boundaries and also the calibration of the HUD meter (e.g., what values will cause zero-to-full deflection).
  • When the trip/trigger boundary is exceeded for either gauge, the GP™ will begin displaying both gauges. When both inputs are below their respective trip/trigger boundaries, the GP™ ceases displaying the gauges.
  • You can review the currently programmed parameters when the car is in Accessory mode by turning on the interior lights then turning them off within the next two seconds (by pushing the knob that controls the brightness of the interior lights). The DIC will review each parameter for two seconds until all parameters have been displayed.

Display characteristics:

HUD:
  • Like the navigation system, the GP™ can only display information in the HUD when the HUD is in “Street Mode.
  • Information from the GP™ will always override information from your audio system and the “CHECK GAGES” message. Messages will return when the Gauge Projector™ is not displaying
  • When you are running a factory navigation unit simultaneously with the GP™, that unit is also updating the HUD with its own information.
  • The navigation unit will briefly override information from the GP™, until the GP™ next updates or refreshes the HUD. This time can be anywhere on the order to milliseconds to indefinite.

DIC:

Information from the GP™ will usually override other information displayed on your DIC. This includes warning messages. Some DIC messages can override GP™ information.
Your GP™ defaults to the following parameters when first plugged in. After you reprogram the GP™, your chosen values will remain saved until the GP™ is unplugged.

Input 1
  • Label: “AFR”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 20
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: 10
  • Trip/Trigger: 10
  • Full meter deflection: 20
  • Zero meter deflection: 10

Input 2
  • Label: “BST”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 15
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: -15
  • Trip/Trigger: 0
  • Full meter deflection: 15
  • Zero meter deflection: 0

Included in your Gauge Projector™ kit:

The GP™ unit.
An OBD-II cable.

You can purchase your C6 Gauge Projector™ easily on the Buy Now! page at www.DashTronix.com

http://dashtronix.com/images/dashtro...done_clear.png

The DashTronix Gauge Projector is 100% designed and built in the USA.
http://dashtronix.com/images/iconmadeinusa.gif

NICK YOSKIN 07-31-2011 09:29 AM

Very nice.....product that is much overdue. Thanks for bring to marketplace.

realcanuk 07-31-2011 11:09 AM

Great product. I will be looking into this as I dont like the look of pod gauges !!

lsbrodsky 07-31-2011 11:16 AM

That is wonderful! Now I need to figure out if my TVS 2300 has a boost sensor that is not hooked up to anything.
Larry

Z06ReCruiT 07-31-2011 12:29 PM

Perfect! Was looking for a boost gauge also. How hard is it to install or is it plug and play.

bullitt4110 07-31-2011 05:00 PM

Anything for the C5's in the future?

White_Lightning 07-31-2011 05:32 PM

I like it. but as an owner of the V1 hud/DIC.. i wouldnt give up my v1 hud:)

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Z06ReCruiT (Post 1578280760)
Perfect! Was looking for a boost gauge also. How hard is it to install or is it plug and play.

The install is pretty straight forward.

You plug the GP unit into the obd-II port under the dash. And then wire your 0-5 volt output signals from your wideband and map/boost sensor into the GP unit using the spade lug terminal on the GP.

Then you program the ranges to be displayed.

the install instructions are available at the website. www.dashtronix.com

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 1578280163)
That is wonderful! Now I need to figure out if my TVS 2300 has a boost sensor that is not hooked up to anything.
Larry

Do you have a 2 bar or 1.5 bar Map sensor?

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by realcanuk (Post 1578280107)
Great product. I will be looking into this as I dont like the look of pod gauges !!

Thanks for the compliment! We'll be ready when you need one.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN (Post 1578279372)
Very nice.....product that is much overdue. Thanks for bring to marketplace.

Nick,

Thanks for the compliment! We think the GP will be a great unit for those that want to display info on the HUD or DIC and dont want the pillar pod style gauges.

Team DashTronix

DashTronix 07-31-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bullitt4110 (Post 1578282645)
Anything for the C5's in the future?

DashTronix R&D is exploring all avenues for expanded functionality and
developing more revolutionary products. We're always excited to
announce new products and are looking forward to soon
sharing with the Corvette community what we're working on!

Team DashTronix

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 06:57 AM

Do not know about my MAP sensor. I have emailed LPE to ask them about a boost sensor. Can I answer your question by looking under the hood?
Larry

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 07:10 AM

Dashtronix guys,

I just looked at the documentation and the TVS package reuses the stock MAP sensor, so I guess it is 1.5 bar. How can this be used?
Also, since I am addicted to my V1 display on the HUD, can the projector be used t'd into it and which would have priority?

Larry

5 Liter Eater 08-01-2011 09:39 AM

Thats pretty damn neat. :cheers:

Only suggestion, unless I missed it, is an alert feature. So say boost >3# and AFR >12 (user configurable) could trigger an audible and visual alert.

tjwong 08-01-2011 10:35 AM

Can you get the GP with the 0-5v inputs plus the Valentine one interface? If so I am sold, I have all of the above :thumbs:

j_digi454 08-01-2011 02:02 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't quite understand why you would need 0-5vdc inputs for the variables yoiu want to monitor in the HUD as all this info is available as well as much more via the OBDII port.

If you're plugging into OBDII port, then you should be able to access this data the same as AeroForce Gauge does without additional sensors or wiring.

For your reference, here is their link:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Correct me if I'm wrong on my assumption.

Edit: Doing a little more research, it looks like fuel pressure is not reported on the OBDII port so a sensor would be needed. Boost/Vacuum as well as AFR is reported as well as a host of other variables as outlined in the above link.

lsbrodsky 08-01-2011 02:09 PM

Above, Dashtronix says their projector uses the spade lug terminals. The implication is that it does not grab the ODB data. I guess they need to answer that.
Larry

excessive81 08-01-2011 02:43 PM

blend this with the the v1 interface and i be sold!!!! I will take v1 date in hud and boost and afr in dic!!!:D

eric04 08-01-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by DashTronix (Post 1578278453)
Introducing the DashTronix Gauge Projector

The DashTronix Gauge Projector™ is an exciting and revolutionary automotive grade product that places information from two 0-5 volt sources onto your DIC and/or HUD in “Street Mode”.

The Gauge Projector™ accepts two 0-5 volt input signals via spade-lug terminals on the unit. Just wire your 0-5 volt signals into the GP™ and then program it with your ranges.

The user programs the ranges the voltages correspond to and the lower-bounds which must be exceeded for the Gauge Projector™ to display the gauge.

The HUD displays a meter with a user-programmable range for each gauge. Each gauge has a 3-character label which is fully user-programmable.

Programming of all parameters via DIC-based menus takes approximately 180 seconds by placing the vehicle in Accessory mode and using only the unlock or lock button. Output location (DIC and/or HUD) is selectable when the vehicle is running by using the lock button.

Gauge Projector™ description:
  • The Gauge Projector™ (GP™) uses the navigation functionality of the HUD and/or DIC, regardless of whether you have a navigation unit, to provide the driver graphical representation and numerical values of two externally provided inputs such as a boost gauge or AFR gauge.
  • Input voltage to the two inputs must be between 0-5 V. DO NOT PROVIDE INPUT VOLTAGES OUTSIDE THIS RANGE. YOU CAN DESTORY THE GP™.
  • The GP™ is programmed in Accessory mode via DIC-based user menus to calibrate the GP™ to the voltage boundaries (e.g., 0 V=-15 PSI and 5 V=15 PSI), the trip/trigger boundaries and also the calibration of the HUD meter (e.g., what values will cause zero-to-full deflection).
  • When the trip/trigger boundary is exceeded for either gauge, the GP™ will begin displaying both gauges. When both inputs are below their respective trip/trigger boundaries, the GP™ ceases displaying the gauges.
  • You can review the currently programmed parameters when the car is in Accessory mode by turning on the interior lights then turning them off within the next two seconds (by pushing the knob that controls the brightness of the interior lights). The DIC will review each parameter for two seconds until all parameters have been displayed.

Display characteristics:

HUD:
  • Like the navigation system, the GP™ can only display information in the HUD when the HUD is in “Street Mode.
  • Information from the GP™ will always override information from your audio system and the “CHECK GAGES” message. Messages will return when the Gauge Projector™ is not displaying
  • When you are running a factory navigation unit simultaneously with the GP™, that unit is also updating the HUD with its own information.
  • The navigation unit will briefly override information from the GP™, until the GP™ next updates or refreshes the HUD. This time can be anywhere on the order to milliseconds to indefinite.

DIC:

Information from the GP™ will usually override other information displayed on your DIC. This includes warning messages. Some DIC messages can override GP™ information.
Your GP™ defaults to the following parameters when first plugged in. After you reprogram the GP™, your chosen values will remain saved until the GP™ is unplugged.

Input 1
  • Label: “AFR”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 20
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: 10
  • Trip/Trigger: 10
  • Full meter deflection: 20
  • Zero meter deflection: 10

Input 2
  • Label: “BST”
  • Upper (5 V) boundary: 15
  • Lower (0 V) boundary: -15
  • Trip/Trigger: 0
  • Full meter deflection: 15
  • Zero meter deflection: 0

Included in your Gauge Projector™ kit:

The GP™ unit.
An OBD-II cable.

You can purchase your C6 Gauge Projector™ easily on the Buy Now! page at www.DashTronix.com

http://dashtronix.com/images/dashtro...done_clear.png

The DashTronix Gauge Projector is 100% designed and built in the USA.
http://dashtronix.com/images/iconmadeinusa.gif

:lurk: