CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   New bose stereo in 2012's (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2923380-new-bose-stereo-in-2012s.html)

LucaBrasiAZ 09-30-2011 07:32 PM

New bose stereo in 2012's

does anybody know what the exact changes are to the bose stereo in the 2012's other than the 2 new tweeters on the dash?

i finally had time to sit in my garage and adjust all my settings...had my ipod hooked up and was playing Usher......settings Mid -1, Base +6, Treble +5....and could not believe how amazing it sounded...my car was bumping with the base and the seperation was outstanding

i have heard the earlier bose stereos and was not impressed, however i did not get a chance to adjust the sound setting so i dont know if that makes all the difference or if there is alot more to the new bose setup for 2012s than i thought.

EVRose 09-30-2011 07:43 PM

What I can't believe is that GM is still using anything with "Bose" on it in any of their cars. I've had 3 different cars with Bose and it all sounded like crap and was the first thing I replaced. If it's changed for '12 I'd like to hear if there is any improvement. If they still use the same garbage they've been using I doubt there will be.

OH THREE Z 09-30-2011 08:00 PM

I am cautiously optimistic about the new setup...One of the things I am looking forward to when I get my new car. I had a 1LZ 2007 with the "base" delco system.... I swear it sounded better than the Bose that came with the 2LZ cars

LucaBrasiAZ 09-30-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z (Post 1578842801)
I am cautiously optimistic about the new setup...One of the things I am looking forward to when I get my new car. I had a 1LZ 2007 with the "base" delco system.... I swear it sounded better than the Bose that came with the 2LZ cars

i agree, my 09 had the base system and it sounded so much better than my neighbors, but i was so amazed at how good my system sounded today. I would be the first one to post how disappointed i was if it sounded like garbage and was prepared to do that, but wow, i was amazed.

CaryBob 09-30-2011 08:09 PM

The woofers are also new for 2012, as is the overall speaker tuning.

I found a very distinct difference between a 2010 GS and my 2012 GS when playing my iPod music test playlist. Much deeper and louder bass is obvious, and my impression is that it delivers a richer, fuller sound overall.

jschindler 09-30-2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by EVRose (Post 1578842689)
What I can't believe is that GM is still using anything with "Bose" on it in any of their cars. I've had 3 different cars with Bose and it all sounded like crap and was the first thing I replaced. If it's changed for '12 I'd like to hear if there is any improvement. If they still use the same garbage they've been using I doubt there will be.

I've owned quite a few cars with Bose stereos. Bose is very capable of making a very good system, but it's pretty obvious that they are all too willing to build a very mediocre system if the car manufacturer is willing on letting them. I have no trouble with Bose just like I have no trouble buying a GM car - as long as it's the right one.

arcticblast 09-30-2011 09:01 PM

I just traded a 2011 GS on a 2012 GS (both 3LT's). I thought it would not be much difference, but it does sound better. I'm no audiophile, but I'm impressed. I also like the shoulder pads on the seats. I didn't think that would make much difference, either.....but they feel better.
Also gained a little padding in the console cover and armrest on the door. Not up to DS Vettes standard, but better than 2011 stock.
Enjoy that AW. (The fastest color):thumbs:

Vette5.5 09-30-2011 09:09 PM

I've been big into audio for years, with some major buck's into my home system. While Bose is certainly nothing to brag about, the biggest problem is today's popular recording releases. These releases were generally well done through the mid 90's. After that, they're mostly hopped up for the ear bud crowd and getting worse. These are a total joke to even think about playing on my home system. If you really want to hear what your system will do, try some older rock releases, or good jazz/classical recordings. You might be suprised.

LucaBrasiAZ 09-30-2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vette5.5 (Post 1578843401)
I've been big into audio for years, with some major buck's into my home system. While Bose is certainly nothing to brag about, the biggest problem is today's popular recording releases. These releases were generally well done through the mid 90's. After that, they're mostly hopped up for the ear bud crowd and getting worse. These are a total joke to even think about playing on my home system. If you really want to hear what your system will do, try some older rock releases, or good jazz/classical recordings. You might be suprised.

its funny you say that because i had some early 90's rap and R&B and it was noticeably better than the modern playlist i was playing.

talon90 09-30-2011 09:27 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCN2760.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCN2758.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCN2759.jpg

Stockcar Axeman 09-30-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vette5.5 (Post 1578843401)

:iagree:X10 Mp3s sound like chit. With modern producers creating mixes for the little Ipod and other Mp3 players they have all but lost their way. They over compress the mix and then run it to the max and you get this overly loud, hard on the ears mix. Minimal dynamic range=bad. You can see this on the sign waves from older mixes compared to modern mixes. As for the music of today, well that's even worse. What happened to the creativity that our great nation once had?:salute:

forg0tmypen 09-30-2011 09:35 PM

I'm happy with the Bose system in my 2006 2lz. I have a jk audio sub and amp combo as week as a new pioneer x930bt. I'm no audiophile but that combo sounds great!

forg0tmypen 09-30-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stockcar Axeman (Post 1578843579)
:iagree:X10 Mp3s sound like chit. With modern producers creating mixes for the little Ipod and other Mp3 players they have all but lost their way. They over compress the mix and then run it to the max and you get this overly loud, hard on the ears mix. Minimal dynamic range=bad. You can see this on the sign waves from older mixes compared to modern mixes. As for the music of today, well that's even worse. What happened to the creativity that our great nation once had?:salute:

It's still just as present as ever. Bands like Tool, A Perfect Circle, 311, Godsmack, Symphony X...They're just not on the radio. Everything on the radio now is the same ****. Here's the recipe to et on the radio: 1) talk about having a good time in the club 2) talk about getting your drink on in the club 3) talk about fine ass women...in the club 4) talk about cash money, yep- in the club. Autotune the **** out of it and have a Hispanic dude with a smooth voice sing it. I should be a producer.

Vegas Panton 10-01-2011 12:33 AM

Bose

The Bose factory system in my 2010 GMC Sierra sounds better than my 2009 Corvette Bose system, even after I upgraded the rear speakers:willy: When you look at the Bose speakers they look like something you might see in a clock radio. Sounds like the 2012 system may be better. About time.:yesnod:

bass mechanic 10-01-2011 09:08 AM

i heard the system and i agree it sounds notably better. however i think i will still replace the factory nav with aftermarket due to the fact the factory is so limited in features and no backup camera.
i also like pandora and use it on trips, factory nav has been unchanged feature wise since 2006. they added ipod and aux input, big deal!

SteveDoten 10-01-2011 09:17 AM

LS3, lopey cam, NPP; what Bose?? :)

AbsolutHank 10-01-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Vegas Panton (Post 1578844840)
The Bose factory system in my 2010 GMC Sierra sounds better than my 2009 Corvette Bose system, even after I upgraded the rear speakers:willy: When you look at the Bose speakers they look like something you might see in a clock radio. Sounds like the 2012 system may be better. About time.:yesnod:

Yup! The BOSE in my Silverado LTZ is by far the best sounding BOSE system that I've heard. To this day, when the "right" song comes on, I can't believe its a BOSE system...if they can get the Vette to this quality, I think everyone except the audiophiles will be pleased:thumbs:

JJC5 10-01-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1578843166)
I've owned quite a few cars with Bose stereos. Bose is very capable of making a very good system, but it's pretty obvious that they are all too willing to build a very mediocre system if the car manufacturer is willing on letting them. I have no trouble with Bose just like I have no trouble buying a GM car - as long as it's the right one.

:iagree:

I have a higher end Bose system in my home that sounds outstanding. The Z....not so good.

tim414 10-01-2011 10:54 AM

Back in the 80's when GM introduced Bose in their Camaro's and Vette's, Bose was one of the "top-shelf" systems a guy could own. Since then through the years they got just a lil bit 'too' comfortable and let things slip. Too bad the manufacturer let this happen.

My 2010 Z06's Bose system sucks (2LZ option).....My old Yukon sounds better than it does. I love good tunes when cruising , but unfortunately it's just not there. I wanted to upgrade it to the 2012's system but found out that the new speakers are located in the dash. So, in order to up grade it I will have to change out the dash to do it.

I hope the info I found is wrong and someone here can say for certain that is the case. I have not yet heard the '12's system but understand it's much better than than the previous set-up.

So, does anyone know for certain if the dash is different in the 12 models (to accept the new speakers)????

Thanks

Daekwan06 10-01-2011 11:17 AM

The real problem isnt just GM using the name "Bose". Its the actual cheap azz components. Has anybody ever taken the time to look at the speakers/components that are used in the system. They look like paper cone products.

You can walk into any car audio store.. and look at the low to middle brands and immediately see much better build quality in the products. Its just not acceptable in vehicles in this price range. What makes this situation even more sad.. is when you consider the stereo system that comes in something like a $20,000 Hyundai Sonata, that uses much higher components and has features like Bluetooth standard.

Since the famed auto bailout, I've seen GM make several changes to improve its products & brand image overall.. but the car audio & technology is still a joke in some of their vehicles. The C6 may be one of its oldest platforms.. but that still doesnt excuse GM from using NAV systems & car radios that have been around for almost a decade, paper cone speakers, charging $300 bucks for bluetooth in a $50k car.

It just isnt acceptable. Its small reasons like this, that add up to a big reason why buyers are turned off from what is an otherwise awesome vehicle like the C6 Corvette. I hope that with the C7 with see a "real" stereo option offered. And that the "new" GM stops relying on has been names like Bose to upsell & advertise the quality of a sound system.. that really doesnt deliver what it promises.