CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   08 Transmission and Rear End Strength (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2926725-08-transmission-and-rear-end-strength.html)

prr1 10-06-2011 10:54 AM

08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

I have an 08 Vette. I currently dyno at 465rwhp. I'm wanting to add a clutch, drag radials and 100-150 shot. My question is how stout is the transmission, rear end and axles. Will it handle 100-150 hit on drag radials?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jeremy@RPMTransmissions 10-06-2011 01:39 PM

Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

prr1 10-06-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions (Post 1578890398)
Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you! Pm sent.

walhan_qtr 10-06-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions (Post 1578890398)
Hi,

I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.

Jeremy@RPMTransmissions 10-07-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr (Post 1578893225)
I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.

Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.

walhan_qtr 10-10-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions (Post 1578896741)
Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.

sent you another one... please let me know........:willy:.