CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Johnny Depp Receives a 1959 Corvette From "Rum Diary" Producer (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2934812-johnny-depp-receives-a-1959-corvette-from-rum-diary-producer.html)

CF Editor 10-19-2011 06:46 PM

Johnny Depp Receives a 1959 Corvette From "Rum Diary" Producer

Maybe this will help Johnny out with the ladies.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...topiccnews.php

Blk63Vette 10-19-2011 11:23 PM

Yeah......

Johnny Depp nice... someone gave him a 59 Corvette.

Its not like he has the money to buy one for himself..:crazy:

Its always better FREE...

UberLegend 10-20-2011 02:48 AM

Thanks. The movie also features a Fiat 500:rock:

From the mind of Hunter S Thompson:eek:

Amber Heard :smiliedrool:

Haven't been to a show house since "Electric Horseman".....I'm gonna see this one.:thumbs:

Stewart Allison 10-20-2011 05:10 AM

Hmmm I like the idea Deppster has the same car as me !
I'm just wondering the director gave him the car because he worked so hard acting in the film. I never knew acting was hard work. Earn millions for remembering a few lines and being able act out a roll is "NOT" hard work and certainly doesn't deserve the rewards that this actor earns (Corvette on top of all the coin). I hope he enjoys the free car that I had to friggin kill myself to own. Geezez I'm sounding like a banting jealous freak ! I guess I am !
Good luck to Jonny I'm just a bit peed off he's not a car guy and now owns a 59 Vette that will most certainly sit in a shed and never be used !
I guess I'll watch the film because I'm a car guy and my misses will wan't a perve at spunky Jonny Depp ! (never met a woman that doesn't get wet over Jonny Depp ! :thumbs: Stewy

1coolC2 10-20-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Blk63Vette (Post 1579005255)
Yeah......

Johnny Depp nice... someone gave him a 59 Corvette.

Its not like he has the money to buy one for himself..:crazy:

Its always better FREE...

Don’t worry, he won’t keep it....it represents Americana and he finds that highly offensive (he resides in France because that better suites him). He'll sell it and buy some green piece of crap to make his conscience feel better that he did something for the planet by buying a car loaded with batteries. He's a great actor, but what a tool.

Trophy Blue 10-20-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1coolC2 (Post 1579006165)
Don’t worry, he won’t keep it....it represents Americana and he finds that highly offensive (he resides in France because that better suites him). He'll sell it and buy some green piece of crap to make his conscience feel better that he did something for the planet by buying a car loaded with batteries. He's a great actor, but what a tool.

:iagree:

Kerrmudgeon 10-20-2011 08:02 AM

I hope he keeps it, and drives it around France for all the frogs to see!:rock:on!

And......she could push on my knee (or anything else) anytime!:smash:

OldKarz 10-20-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Trophy Blue (Post 1579006267)

:iagree: X 2!

Viking427 10-20-2011 09:34 AM

Agreed, it'll end up on the auction block (Charity or otherwise) within 3 months while the movie hype is still abuzz. If he does drive it over there, hope he stays off the hairpin turns in Monaco ! :sadangel:

_Nomad_ 10-20-2011 05:37 PM

BINGO! :iagree:

Jimbo64 10-20-2011 06:55 PM

why are none of us so lucky----------------

John S 1961 10-20-2011 07:48 PM

Wow, you sure know alot, his wife is french, that may have something to do with it? In europe, privacy is regarded highly, notice laws controlling Paparazzi activities, photographing and chasing of stars children, etc, they have google earth on the run!
The guy couldnt go for a starbucks without a parade in LA. He must live there for the low taxes!

VETJAZZ 10-20-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by John S 1961 (Post 1579011770)
Wow, you sure know alot, his wife is french, that may have something to do with it? In europe, privacy is regarded highly, notice laws controlling Paparazzi activities, photographing and chasing of stars children, etc, they have google earth on the run!
The guy couldnt go for a starbucks without a parade in LA. He must live there for the low taxes!

Plus, John S, I love your avitar!!

MiguelsC2 10-20-2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1coolC2 (Post 1579012596)
Never mind, this is not worth the effort.......ha ha...

Do some research on Depps anti American views and comments, and as for the "more refined European paparazzi", ask Princess Diana how that ride to Starbucks in France went.

:iagree: Great actor. But a real douche.

I am sure the C1 is an affront to his hostilities towards the Bourgeoisie.

The C1 is defiantly Bourgeois. :flag:

:thumbs:

UberLegend 10-21-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison (Post 1579006010)
Hmmm I like the idea Deppster has the same car as me !
I'm just wondering the director gave him the car because he worked so hard acting in the film. I never knew acting was hard work. Earn millions for remembering a few lines and being able act out a roll is "NOT" hard work and certainly doesn't deserve the rewards that this actor earns (Corvette on top of all the coin). I hope he enjoys the free car that I had to friggin kill myself to own. Geezez I'm sounding like a banting jealous freak ! I guess I am !
Good luck to Jonny I'm just a bit peed off he's not a car guy and now owns a 59 Vette that will most certainly sit in a shed and never be used !
I guess I'll watch the film because I'm a car guy and my misses will wan't a perve at spunky Jonny Depp ! (never met a woman that doesn't get wet over Jonny Depp ! :thumbs: Stewy

I noticed that when Scissorhands came out, all the girls had to go see it, I don't have a clue why.

jimh_1962 10-21-2011 11:56 AM

Look at it this way, at least there's a 59 corvette in the movie! Also, the car will stay in America. Maybe we will see it go for over 100k at BJ auction with all of the proceeds donated to charity. You never know... Btw - I think Depp is into 50-60's cars.

new vette 62 10-21-2011 12:03 PM

51 Merc

I don't agree with his politics but he also has a 51 merc he had redone. The lead sled type. To each his own. :D

Viking427 10-21-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison (Post 1579006010)
I guess I'll watch the film because I'm a car guy and my misses will wan't a perve at spunky Jonny Depp !

"Misses" ..Stewy is that plural ? :grouphug: ;)

waltonb123 10-21-2011 02:54 PM

I saw the same show about his 51 Merc, they said he's had it for years. I guess he must be a little bit of a car guy.

Blk63Vette 10-21-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by waltonb123 (Post 1579018307)
I saw the same show about his 51 Merc, they said he's had it for years. I guess he must be a little bit of a car guy.

Yeah I think that car was used in the movie "Cry Baby" back in the early 90's