CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Chin Motersports Racing ??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2935507-chin-motersports-racing.html)

Livinlife 10-20-2011 09:00 PM

Chin Motersports Racing ???

Was thinking about joining Chin for some good fun track time in the Z. Was wanting to get some feed back from fellow Vette members that are a part of the organization. Pros and Cons would be appreciated. :thumbs:

drivinhard 10-20-2011 09:53 PM

fantastic group, well run, TONS of track time

brkntrxn 10-20-2011 10:14 PM

I agree with Mark. I have run a couple of events with them and will do so again in the future.

Jason 10-20-2011 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by drivinhard (Post 1579012873)

ditto

NVR2L8 10-20-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by drivinhard (Post 1579012873)

+1 :iagree: I ran with them at Barber last month, and will be with them again (instructing) at VIR next week-end.

Good organization, good people, and probably more track time than most people can handle. They even have a 75 minute open session at the end of each day. :D

JDIllon 10-21-2011 09:02 AM

Great DE events! Mark and Maria put on very well run events. I have run and instructed for them for 5 years now. FUN AND SAFE! JD

jlutherva 10-21-2011 11:14 AM

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I've run with them three times so far and they are my favorite club. Events have always been very well run and when bad things happen, they adjusted well. I'm one that falls into the "more track time than you can take" category, but I'm working on that:thumbs:.

A ride with a Master Instructor is required to solo or move up to another run group. Last year at Watkins Glen, my master instructor had me run the entire course off-line, at speed to prove I could handle the passing situations.

I'm running the upcoming VIR event with CMS. JD or Tom, either of you want to be my instructor? I have to start in beginners run group since I have not run VIR with them before.

:cheers:
Jim

jstout 10-21-2011 11:29 AM

Chin is great, a little on the expensive side, especially when you need an instructor in the car. Tracks unlimited is another good one. They give the same or more track time for quite a bit less cost, but there 2012 schedule isn't posted yet. They have the weekend of Dec 10,11 this year booked at the new road track AMP north of Atlanta. Good luck. You will have a great time. Jerry

Timz06 10-21-2011 12:23 PM

Chin is the best option out there for DE if you want a ton of track time.

JDIllon 10-21-2011 03:11 PM

Sorry Jim!! Can't make that event. Would love to help! JD

drivinhard 10-21-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jstout (Post 1579016494)
They have the weekend of Dec 10,11 this year booked at the new road track AMP north of Atlanta.

I saw AMP last weekend, I'll believe there will be cars on track in Dec when I see it!

Falcon 10-21-2011 03:35 PM

I have a lot of respect for Mark and the Chin organization.

He had the 'nads to stop the event once at VIR many years ago and pull every driver in every group in and had an impromptu Come to Jesus meeting with everyone there in the paddock when a couple of the advanced/race guys were driving a little out of control. He didn't mince words and let it be known quickly and decisively that that shlt wouldn't be tolerated and anyone who didn't like it could pack their shlt and leave. He made believers out of everyone that day, and we were all safer because of it.

I've only seen that happen with one other group and those 2 groups/guys have my total respect. These are the clubs all others should try to mimic.

mcar00 10-21-2011 05:09 PM

Will be running with them in a couple of weeks at Sebring. An extremely well managed club with instruction and a fantastic advanced group with lots of race cars, exotics and very competent drivers. :cheers:

Livinlife 10-21-2011 05:11 PM

Thanks!!! for all the imput:thumbs:

JeremyGSU 10-21-2011 06:38 PM

I'll admit I haven't run with too many other track day groups but I think you would be VERY hard pressed to find a better DE organization than what Mark and Maria provide. Great club! :thumbs:

mcar00 10-21-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU (Post 1579020241)
I'll admit I haven't run with too many other track day groups but I think you would be VERY hard pressed to find a better DE organization than what Mark and Maria provide. Great club! :thumbs:

Jeremy, you guys gonna have that monster M3 at the Chin Sebring event on Nov. 5th?

JeremyGSU 10-21-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mcar00 (Post 1579020318)
Jeremy, you guys gonna have that monster M3 at the Chin Sebring event on Nov. 5th?

Mike is building a new motor and he was hoping he would have it built by then but it's look like it won't be ready until Road Atlanta at Thanksgiving.

CGZO6 10-22-2011 01:39 AM

Chin is great, I've done RA twice with them as well as Barber. 1st rate group. Going to RA again with them in Nov.

The PCA groups are fun to go with as well, and you get a free t-shirt, pizza and beer!:woohoo: And they are usually a bit cheaper. Not as much track time as Chin, but still worth it. Check out clubregistration.net

:cheers:

RoganR 10-22-2011 07:39 AM

Very well organized group. You won't feel like you've been overlooked.:thumbs:

msracing 10-22-2011 09:07 AM

The best... Mark and Maria are fabulous... i instructed for them down here in Florida...

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: