CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Transactions Feedback (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback-153/)
-   -   ZR1 hood (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/2942467-zr1-hood.html)

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 07:22 PM

ZR1 hood

Just wanted to let people know that I bought a ZR1 hood here from a supporting vendor and the quality/warranty is crap. The fit on mine was decent (although I have since talked to other members and saw pics that I was lucky here). I had a problem with the gelcoat lifting and taking the paint and clearcoat with it. The more it sat in the sun, the worse it looked. He said he would replace or help with the repaint expense. I had to have the body shop take it down to raw carbon,re-gelcoat and repaint. Then he told me, once painted, warranty over. I feel like he is selling cheap Chinese copies and "his manufacturer" doesn't give a crap about quality or child labor.

Vetteman Jack 08-25-2011 07:32 PM

Man, that sucks. Would like to know who the vendor was - even if just a PM.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 07:40 PM

PM sent.

Darion 08-25-2011 08:17 PM

Did the vendor help with the expense to fix the quality issue?

Darion

:flag:

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 08:25 PM

Nope. He told me there is no warranty. So, buyer beware!

LPDesRoche 08-25-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silverbullet6spd (Post 1578520914)
Nope. He told me there is no warranty. So, buyer beware!

Man I just got mine in the other day. I hope you are the exception and not the norm. Seems there are lots of happy members. It sucks that you got screwed though.

dquagliaroli 08-25-2011 08:54 PM

would appreciate

please pm me the name, thanks

Spectre86 08-25-2011 08:54 PM

sorry you had bad luck :( mine fit spot on. Only thing I had to do was drill out the holes for the hood latches.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 08:55 PM

yeah, I thought I was the exception to. Then I started getting a few pm's. It seems that nobody wants to give him a black eye.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 09:19 PM

So you had to end up painting your hood twice?
Did Pete help out on the cost of that?
There are quite a few others that I have talked to, that has had bad fitment & quality controll problems
with this vendors hood.
It has wasted too much of my time.
The bad thing is that, even if I get the hood to fit & have it painted, it's still cheap looking underside.
Would be embarresed to have the hood raised.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 09:20 PM

The front of the hood sat about 1/16/to 1/8 of an inch below the nose facia, and when the car had been driven, and been in the sun, you could not close the hood due to the hood flexing to the point of almost folding. We would have to push the hood down at the hood brackets, while at the same time, someone pulled the hood form the rea to get it to close. It was just to flexible.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 09:20 PM

The 2 posts above are PM's I received,

speedraider 08-25-2011 09:22 PM

pm me the vendor

atmsrus1 08-25-2011 09:28 PM

PM me the vendor also. I want to make sure not to buy anything from someone that will not stand behind the product,

sean.b 08-25-2011 09:37 PM

i was about to buy one of these, but im pretty apprehensive to now.. price did seem on the too good to be true side. until he answers this thread, ill mark this off the list of fall upgrades.

Dale002 08-25-2011 09:43 PM

I stopped dealing with any new vendors here. They either sell crap,charge three time what normal shipping is or both. Just lately I had one vendor want to charge me $50 shipping to ship a 6 lbs item that would fit inside a USPS flat rate box.

Silverbullet6spd 08-25-2011 09:45 PM

He is more than welcome to answer this thread, I still have the text messages saying"Sorry to hear about that" I should have some more hoods soon, but they are on back order", I can give you a credit" etc, but after I was able to salvage the hood he said" I talked to my supplier, and there is no warranty after painting". I bet they said it in Chinese. He led me to believe he would help, and then basically told me to pound sand.

sean.b 08-25-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dale002 (Post 1578521657)
I stopped dealing with any new vendors here. They either sell crap,charge three time what normal shipping is or both. Just lately I had one vendor want to charge me $50 shipping to ship a 6 lbs item that would fit inside a USPS flat rate box.

:iagree:

after the experiences ive had, i wont buy from a vendor if the only place they're a "vendor" is on these forums. things like Hinson are an exception because they're nationally known, and hell even ran an 8 second car in Pinks All Out. that's different. joe schmoe selling X part and only X part.. ill steer clear unless all feedback reflects they're helping out with any issues!

Dale002 08-25-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by sean.b (Post 1578521688)
:iagree:

after the experiences ive had, i wont buy from a vendor if the only place they're a "vendor" is on these forums. things like Hinson are an exception because they're nationally known, and hell even ran an 8 second car in Pinks All Out. that's different. joe schmoe selling X part and only X part.. ill steer clear unless all feedback reflects they're helping out with any issues!

We need to get this guys off the vendor list.

dquagliaroli 08-25-2011 10:02 PM

response

Looking for a response.