CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you think they intentionally leak photos? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/2950094-do-you-think-they-intentionally-leak-photos.html)

PhysiPhile 11-15-2011 12:32 PM

Do you think they intentionally leak photos?

Leaking photos would be a good way to get real feedback on a design. Do you guys think that maybe GM used the transformers corvette to see what the public thought about going this decades retro trend (e.g. camaro, mustang, challenger, etc...) or sticking with more modern style. Now they could have leaked these to see if this concept can be modified?

dangerz 11-15-2011 01:42 PM

I don't think the transformers vette was ever meant to be an actual production machine. That being said, I'm sure companies leak photos. It's not just the auto industry either.

Photos are going to leak, so you might as well control which ones get leaked first and put them in a positive angle.

1KULC7 11-15-2011 03:19 PM

Cars like the Sidewinder are used to get publicity, however, I think in ALL these types Proto Cars are some bits that will be built into the new generation C7.

Photos are leaked, but in this case, I HIGHLY doubt you are looking a leaked photos even if they are a "rendition".

Just looks to ameraturish to from GM.

Jinx 11-15-2011 03:56 PM

What we may refer to as the Transformers Corvette was simply a show car built to celebrate General Motors' Centennial. They said then that it wasn't a harbinger of the next Corvette. Sure, there might be some coincidental commonality -- it's supposed to look like a Corvette -- but GM was pretty clear at the time that it wasn't any kind of trial balloon, just a classic "check this out" show car.

I don't think GM would ever leak a pre-production Corvette photo. A leak is actually a terrible way to get feedback, because you can't control who sees it, how they view it, or what they say about it, all of which you can do in a focus group.

.Jinx

m48xhp 11-15-2011 04:03 PM

Concept cars are......CONCEPTS. The transformer was a concept car. A design in which a company uses concepts from. Yes, those are released much to judge public interest/disgust of specific items. 99% of concept cars are not ever intended to be built in that form. Well received styling cues from these cars usually transcend an entire company's future vehicles.

As for pre-production prototype leaks/pictures, some may be "semi-intentional", some are not, but some are assumed someone might spy it and strategically let it leak. Like an "oops, i accidentally drove my prototype mule to the gas station outside the proving grounds" type situations.

kinda like an "oops, i left my prototype iphone at a bar and the media found out" situation.

OnPoint 11-15-2011 08:23 PM

Maybe.

And maybe not.

scamilleri1228 12-04-2011 08:17 PM

My vote is no

Just had dinner with my brother who went to gmi, and has many friends including one that works at the proving grounds who has said gm is looking to terminate someone for this leak

purple heart 12-04-2011 10:09 PM

I think....

I would almost BET 100 to 1 that the transformers' car IS mostly the C7 Generation Corvette. It's SO OBVIOUS that one way to play this show the car and say,,,is this the next generation Corvette??? HELL NO! Its only a CONCEPT CAR...bla bla bla bla. When all along IT IS the C7 Corvette right under our noses :hide: and all they've done is create a little doubt...its so obvious that IT CAN'T BE....or can it???? :willy: Other than the 1953 Vette show at the Autorama or whatever it was called back in 1952, I do not believe Corvette has put out the car completely since then!!!??? :toetap:

Notice not any other photos have come out yet??? I think they are building that car and are still listening to forums such as this one for any minor adjustments or changes from now until production.

Nope, I think its been here right in front of our noses and who would ever think that the OBVIOUS is true? :woohoo:

Just my .02 cents and personally if that car did come out, I would buy it in a New York minute! :yesnod: :thumbs:

:rock:

:flag:

m48xhp 12-05-2011 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by purple heart (Post 1579387083)
I would almost BET 100 to 1 that the transformers' car IS mostly the C7 Generation Corvette.

ill take that. I'll put up $10,000. I'll expect a $1,000,000 payday in a year or so.

thanks!

z edge 12-05-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by purple heart (Post 1579387083)
I would almost BET 100 to 1 that the transformers' car IS mostly the C7 Generation Corvette. It's SO OBVIOUS that one way to play this show the car and say,,,is this the next generation Corvette??? HELL NO! Its only a CONCEPT CAR...bla bla bla bla. When all along IT IS the C7 Corvette right under our noses :hide: and all they've done is create a little doubt...its so obvious that IT CAN'T BE....or can it???? :willy: Other than the 1953 Vette show at the Autorama or whatever it was called back in 1952, I do not believe Corvette has put out the car completely since then!!!??? :toetap:

Notice not any other photos have come out yet??? I think they are building that car and are still listening to forums such as this one for any minor adjustments or changes from now until production.

Nope, I think its been here right in front of our noses and who would ever think that the OBVIOUS is true? :woohoo:

Just my .02 cents and personally if that car did come out, I would buy it in a New York minute! :yesnod: :thumbs:

:rock:

:flag:

I agree, to an extent. I would bet the front and rear of the concept car get a complete makeover compared to what we've seen. Other than that, i suspect you are spot on.

:cheers:

CPhelps 12-05-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx (Post 1579226045)
What we may refer to as the Transformers Corvette was simply a show car built to celebrate General Motors' Centennial. They said then that it wasn't a harbinger of the next Corvette. Sure, there might be some coincidental commonality -- it's supposed to look like a Corvette -- but GM was pretty clear at the time that it wasn't any kind of trial balloon, just a classic "check this out" show car.

I don't think GM would ever leak a pre-production Corvette photo. A leak is actually a terrible way to get feedback, because you can't control who sees it, how they view it, or what they say about it, all of which you can do in a focus group.

.Jinx

:iagree::iagree: so many people always forget this!

jb_va2001 12-05-2011 05:24 PM

Focus groups are used to get feedback on designs. Chevrolet needs to be at/near final C7 design for a car to be announced in the next 18 months.

z edge 12-05-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by CPhelps (Post 1579391074)
:iagree::iagree: so many people always forget this!

GM says a lot of things, with the C7 alone there has been plenty of misinformation and speculation coming from GM. Split rear window, no split rear window, 5.5L V8, 6.2L V8, front engine, mid engine, evolutionary, revolutionary, etc. I think we won't know anything until we actually see this car.

:cheers:

v26278 12-05-2011 07:17 PM

The car business is brutally competitive, they'll do what ever works. They could intentionally leak phony stuff to distract from what ever they are really doing, some things you do not want the competition to scoop you on. They could also leak stuff just for the "buzz", why not, it gets people talking about the next Corvette being this or that, look at this forum!

They're obviously careful about all communications, as they've got to keep the anticipation strong and positive but not let expectations exceed what eventually gets delivered

hig4s 12-06-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by dangerz (Post 1579224958)
I don't think the transformers vette was ever meant to be an actual production machine.

I think they put it in the movie with the intent of making it the C-7 if it was well received. That is pretty much what they did with the Camaro F-5 in the original Transformer movie.

zland 12-06-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579400342)
I think they put it in the movie with the intent of making it the C-7 if it was well received. That is pretty much what they did with the Camaro F-5 in the original Transformer movie.

The question is "was it well recieved"? for me, no, others yes.

Jet Streaming 12-06-2011 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by PhysiPhile (Post 1579224364)
Leaking photos would be a good way to get real feedback on a design. Do you guys think that maybe GM used the transformers corvette to see what the public thought about going this decades retro trend (e.g. camaro, mustang, challenger, etc...) or sticking with more modern style. Now they could have leaked these to see if this concept can be modified?

Hell yes they do.

RedC7AZ 12-06-2011 06:01 PM

If you really think about it.....I think they want us to think that they may be releasing the photos by accident. But I could be wrong. Let me think about it some more.

hig4s 12-07-2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by zland (Post 1579402492)
The question is "was it well recieved"? for me, no, others yes.

I think over all the transformer camaro was very well received but not so much on the transformer Corvette

Flex182 12-11-2011 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by hig4s (Post 1579411271)
I think over all the transformer camaro was very well received but not so much on the transformer Corvette

I would buy that car in a heartbeat, Although I would prefer the rear end to be designed slightly different.:auto::beatdeadhorse: