CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Centenial edition black with red strip wheels instock at GMPARTSHOUSE.com (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2962165-centenial-edition-black-with-red-strip-wheels-instock-at-gmpartshouse-com.html)

patrickt 12-06-2011 10:47 PM

Centenial edition black with red strip wheels instock at GMPARTSHOUSE.com

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,
I am please to anounce that the Centenial edition black wheels with the red stripe are now instock at GMPARTSHOUSE.COM. They are 18" fronts and 19" rears. Price is 1995 for the set of four (2 fronts and 2 rears) new GM wheels. If you would like to order or have any further questions please give me a call or email me at patrick@gmpartshouse.com

patrickt 12-09-2011 01:17 AM

would make a great gift

PaulB 12-09-2011 07:11 AM

Please clarify. These look like the Centennial wheels tha would come on a Base Coupe or Convertible. Are these wheels the same size and width as the Grand Sport Black Centennial Wheels. In my opinion these wheels with the Red Lines look a lot better than the GS Wheels without the Red Lines. Thanks...

SSTEVEGS 12-09-2011 07:26 AM

I saw these on a 2012 non-GS coupe yesterday in a showroom. They're nice IF you like black wheels...part of the 4995 "Centennial" package.

Gene Culley 12-09-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 1579424680)
Please clarify. These look like the Centennial wheels tha would come on a Base Coupe or Convertible. Are these wheels the same size and width as the Grand Sport Black Centennial Wheels. In my opinion these wheels with the Red Lines look a lot better than the GS Wheels without the Red Lines. Thanks...

They are for the base sizing, pictured. We can get you some in the Z06 sizing but the rears are currently backordered. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in a set.

Cypher 12-10-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gene Culley (Post 1579431087)
They are for the base sizing, pictured. We can get you some in the Z06 sizing but the rears are currently backordered. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in a set.

Hey Gene or Patrick,

I could email this question, but I figured I put it out here in case anyone else has the same question.

Do you guys stock the satin black touch-up paint for the Centennial wheels? Is there a GM part #?

The info that came with my car says Black color code 41 (WA #8555 – BASECOAT).

Gene Culley 12-11-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 1579434884)
Hey Gene or Patrick,

I could email this question, but I figured I put it out here in case anyone else has the same question.

Do you guys stock the satin black touch-up paint for the Centennial wheels? Is there a GM part #?

The info that came with my car says Black color code 41 (WA #8555 – BASECOAT).

There is no touch up paint number. That color code is for a standard black GM paint. That will not match the satin wheels.

Cypher 12-11-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gene Culley (Post 1579443576)
There is no touch up paint number. That color code is for a standard black GM paint. That will not match the satin wheels.

Thanks Gene, but what’s up with this info GM is providing to Centennial Owners?

The following is a 1-page insert that came with my Centennial:

Dear Corvette Customer,

Congratulations on your purchase of the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette.

Your Corvette features special wheels in satin black with a red stripe. The red stripe wheels are a new application of a red coating under the satin paint to ensure a crisp red line and quality appearance.

As with all painted wheels, care must be taken when driving over rough surfaces that can cause chips or scratches. If the satin black paint on your wheels gets chipped, a black touch up paint may be applied to the chip. Ask your dealership to order you a touch up paint bottle of Black color code 41, (WA#8555-BASECOAT) and apply it according to the directions.

Contact your Chevrolet dealership should you have questions.

Thank you and enjoy driving your special Corvette!

Z06LUST 12-26-2011 12:50 AM

Thanks for the pic Gene & Patrick--top notch service as usual.
Sending you a PM on an "idea' and cost info request.

David

Edit: pm not going through.

Looking at a white 12 1LT coupe, before the $3k owner rebate disappears

How much for Coupe (NOT GS) Calipers in Red and with the larger drilled rotors
How much for black headlight buckets
How much for the Centennial stripe package (coupe)
How much for the front Centennial C6 Flag logo

aka white coupe with black accent bits....

patrickt 12-26-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 1579443928)
Thanks Gene, but what’s up with this info GM is providing to Centennial Owners?

The following is a 1-page insert that came with my Centennial:

Dear Corvette Customer,

Congratulations on your purchase of the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette.

Your Corvette features special wheels in satin black with a red stripe. The red stripe wheels are a new application of a red coating under the satin paint to ensure a crisp red line and quality appearance.

As with all painted wheels, care must be taken when driving over rough surfaces that can cause chips or scratches. If the satin black paint on your wheels gets chipped, a black touch up paint may be applied to the chip. Ask your dealership to order you a touch up paint bottle of Black color code 41, (WA#8555-BASECOAT) and apply it according to the directions.

Contact your Chevrolet dealership should you have questions.

Thank you and enjoy driving your special Corvette!

I do not know other than the fact that it may be a close enough match for small areas. The color code 41 is the standard gloss black for instance if you go to a black vette and look at the option sticker they will give you that paint code for the car color. Then again if when you touch up you may be able to blend that in with some rubbing compond but I am not sure if you would want to use the rubbing compond on the wheels

patrickt 12-26-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Z06LUST (Post 1579565983)
Thanks for the pic Gene & Patrick--top notch service as usual.
Sending you a PM on an "idea' and cost info request.

David

Edit: pm not going through.

Looking at a white 12 1LT coupe, before the $3k owner rebate disappears

How much for Coupe (NOT GS) Calipers in Red and with the larger drilled rotors
How much for black headlight buckets
How much for the Centennial stripe package (coupe)
How much for the front Centennial C6 Flag logo

aka white coupe with black accent bits....

please email us a patrick@gmpartshouse.com or gene@gmpartshouse.com

patrickt 01-03-2012 11:43 PM

get yours today

12BVETTEOWNER 01-09-2012 08:40 PM

Im looking for the Centennial Edition Black 19/20 Z06 Wheels, will you have these any time soon and if so how much for a set of 4...prefer without the red stripe. thx

patrickt 01-09-2012 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 12BVETTEOWNER (Post 1579691402)
Im looking for the Centennial Edition Black 19/20 Z06 Wheels, will you have these any time soon and if so how much for a set of 4...prefer without the red stripe. thx

We do have these without the stripe in stock. Price is 2399, If you would like to order please give me a call or email me at patrick@gmpartshouse.com