CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Those with B&B bullet exhaust, did you get an X-pipe too?...i have a small situation. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2969012-those-with-b-and-b-bullet-exhaust-did-you-get-an-x-pipe-too-i-have-a-small-situation.html)

apez18 12-19-2011 08:37 PM

Those with B&B bullet exhaust, did you get an X-pipe too?...i have a small situation.

I just purchased B&B bullet exhaust for my 07 Z06. Car currently has full magnaflow exhaust on it, but it just wasn't loud enough. So i figured i would buy the bullet system and bolt it up to the magnaflow X-pipe, but what happened? i found out the hard way that the B&B wont bolt up to the magnaflow X-pipe, only because the pipe diamater is the exact same at the end of the magnaflow X-pipe and the B&B system. I assumed the B&B system would slide into the X-pipe, but nope lol, the magnaflow X-pipe slides into the magnaflow axel back system. So long story short i think i either have to buy the stock H-pipe, or get the B&B X-pipe. So i'm just wondering what you guys thought of the B&B X-pipe, i'm assuming it would help with some of the drone over the H-pipe? Nevermind the performance gain?...thanks for any of your input,

Jordan :thumbs:

jschindler 12-19-2011 09:50 PM

I cannot answer your specific questions, but I can offer a little of my thoughts. I've had B&B Bullet's on a couple of Corvettes - the last being on a 05 LS2 (had them on a couple of C5's).

The Bullets will drone some - there is almost no getting around that except to run in a lower gear than you might otherwise. I had them on my 05 for two years and never regretted it, but you have to know that many people can't handle them.

The plus side is that almost every time you drive the car you'll grin and squeal like a school girl on her first date, and you'll feel like your favorite race car driver pulling out of pit row onto the race track. Everyone should own them at least once.

veech 12-19-2011 11:40 PM

I bought an X off of ebay for $26 and cut the Factory H portion off the Exhaust and welded the X-pipe in! :)

seung012 12-20-2011 12:41 AM

My suggestion is take it to an exhaust shop, have them cut out a sleeve and weld it on both ends. Very easy and cheaper to do that then buy more pipes. I've done this before for my M5 and it was very simple. Good luck!

Luweegy 12-20-2011 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by seung012 (Post 1579518014)
My suggestion is take it to an exhaust shop, have them cut out a sleeve and weld it on both ends. Very easy and cheaper to do that then buy more pipes. I've done this before for my M5 and it was very simple. Good luck!

Just have a muffler shop connect them for you.D

90sundevil 12-20-2011 01:15 PM

I had the bullets on my 07 and when I traded it in on an 08 and had the bullets switched. A few months later I decided to go with the full BB headers back exhaust system and love it. There is drone but not that bad, I can control it with my right foot.

FNBADAZ06 12-20-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by 90sundevil (Post 1579521393)
I had the bullets on my 07 and when I traded it in on an 08 and had the bullets switched. A few months later I decided to go with the full BB headers back exhaust system and love it. There is drone but not that bad, I can control it with my right foot.

Jeff....you've got the B&B longtube headers on your car ?

apez18 12-20-2011 05:57 PM

Yah i'm not too too worried about drone, i have it pretty bad with this magnaflow system to be honest, i usually drive it in 5th gear to get rid of it, so i'm sure the B&B wont have drone in 5th, if so..**** lol. But ya i will try the muffler shop i guess....thanks everyone

haljensen 12-20-2011 07:28 PM

Have the muffler shop expand the muffler pipes to fit outside the mid pipes, clamp and go.

90sundevil 12-21-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 (Post 1579523616)
Jeff....you've got the B&B longtube headers on your car ?

No, I don't think BB makes them.

FNBADAZ06 12-21-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 90sundevil (Post 1579528764)
No, I don't think BB makes them.

They do.....I have a set :D The only headers that can bolt directly up to a factory mid pipe, IIRC.
I must have misread your post...thought you said "full BB headers back", to include the headers. :cheers:

90sundevil 12-21-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 (Post 1579528806)
They do.....I have a set :D The only headers that can bolt directly up to a factory mid pipe, IIRC.
I must have misread your post...thought you said "full BB headers back", to include the headers. :cheers:

That is what I have, full headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and bullets by and installed by BB. I don't know if they are long tube or not but I love them and the roar they make.