CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   Corsa indy pace with borla X pipe? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2978834-corsa-indy-pace-with-borla-x-pipe.html)

ssinani 01-07-2012 05:52 PM

Corsa indy pace with borla X pipe?

Hi guys,
Im about to purchase a stainless Corsa Pace Car quad tip and possible a Borla X pipe to replace my stock 01 TI exhaust.
Was wondering with the extra weight added going from ti to stainless would i at least get any gains? i
m only looking for a little more of an aggresive sound at idle and wot, but i dont want to sacrafice any restrictions the new setup might cause from removing my ti exhaust. The car is completely stock at this point.
any one have this setup on their car? borla x pipe with corsa axle back? will it be better to do only the corsa axleback on my oem setup and scrap the borla x pipe?
thanks for any input in advance

dougbfresh 01-07-2012 06:18 PM

Your wallet will be lighter-that's about it!

ssinani 01-07-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by dougbfresh (Post 1579672439)
Your wallet will be lighter-that's about it!

lol thanks for the heads up. As long as the corsas arent more restrictive than the oem ones. Im not really looking for any gains, just a change in sound and something a little louder than stock. : D. no matter what we do the wallet gets lighter :rofl:

dougbfresh 01-07-2012 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ssinani (Post 1579672463)
lol thanks for the heads up. As long as the corsas arent more restrictive than the oem ones. Im not really looking for any gains, just a change in sound and something a little louder than stock. : D. no matter what we do the wallet gets lighter :rofl:

The Ti's are OK, why do anything just for more noise?

madmatt9471 01-07-2012 06:27 PM

Xpipe will work no matter what - stay with that and do not keep the stock H-pipe!

You will not notice anything really at all, not even a seat of the pants Dyno - sound will be different for sure but don't let that have you think it is a .250 second faster in the 1/4 mile :D

I am running 701 RWHP and 582 RWTQ through my TI's :yesnod:

Here I did this Autopsy on the inner workings of the C5 Z06 Muffler, which makes tons of power and it quiet and does not weigh much at all - truelly a secret weapon in my book!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...6-muffler.html

Thanks,Matt

ssinani 01-07-2012 06:29 PM

i wouldnt mind having something a little louder. i guess its a little more fun on the cruise days.

madmatt9471 01-07-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by ssinani (Post 1579672463)

C5 Z06 Titanium Mufflers are not restrictive just quiet and light in weight -

The "STOCK" C5 standard mufflers are the restrictive ones "NOT" the C5 Z06 Titanium!

I went to the LG Big 3 3" Mufflers and took them off and went back the the TI's after one week! - :smash: Lesson learned!

Thanks,Matt

ssinani 01-07-2012 06:31 PM

thanks for the info Matt! ive acutally looked at your thread earlier. love the work!

madmatt9471 01-07-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ssinani (Post 1579672543)
thanks for the info Matt! ive acutally looked at your thread earlier. love the work!

:thumbs:

Thanks,Matt

mitchcole 01-07-2012 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by ssinani (Post 1579672251)
Hi guys,
Im about to purchase a stainless Corsa Pace Car quad tip and possible a Borla X pipe to replace my stock 01 TI exhaust.
Was wondering with the extra weight added going from ti to stainless would i at least get any gains? i
m only looking for a little more of an aggresive sound at idle and wot, but i dont want to sacrafice any restrictions the new setup might cause from removing my ti exhaust. The car is completely stock at this point.
any one have this setup on their car? borla x pipe with corsa axle back? will it be better to do only the corsa axleback on my oem setup and scrap the borla x pipe?
thanks for any input in advance

1. for a stock car there will be no HP gains.
2. the sound will be spectacular. I have those pipes. Idle is dull, there is no drone - but WOT it is really great. Not a low rumble - more of a higher pitched exotic sound.

Everybody talks about drone, and I have the Corsa Pace Cars as well as the GHL Bullets. (two different cars) The Bullets have a great idle and some drone - but no significant volume when you get on the gas. It's a good sound, but tame.

The Corsas are ridiculously loud at full throttle, but somehow manage to be subdued at cruise and idle. Add Headers and ridiculous goes to insane. You won't believe it till you hear it.

hardcore4sure 01-08-2012 03:26 AM

Corsa is VERY heavy compared to TI's

Ekul61 01-08-2012 06:24 AM

z06 tittanium mufflers.

Just bought a 03 coupe. the corvette guy told me to get the tittanium z06 mufflers hands down.My question. Can you find them. How many miles on them is ok. or is ths not a good game plan?

printmanjackson 01-08-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by mitchcole (Post 1579675098)
The Corsas are ridiculously loud at full throttle, but somehow manage to be subdued at cruise and idle. Add Headers and ridiculous goes to insane. You won't believe it till you hear it.

:iagree:

I put headers on and took the cats off and it was ear bleeding loud!!!!!

Corsa's sound great till you put on headers. I replaced mine with the TI's and I can now give the car gas going down the road without blowing everyone out! I use to get these :eek: looks! :lol:

jrose7004 01-08-2012 04:01 PM

Yes the Corsa set up will have a better sound.

ssinani 01-08-2012 06:12 PM

thanks guys..so looks like i wont be adding any power but so long as nothing is lost. Im mainly worried about the extra weight that will go on there (hardcore4sure made me get goosebumps :( ) and if it will be a restrictive exhaust compared to my Ti's. Im mainly looking for a little more sound from the exhaust, headers are on the list in the near future also.