CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   How long does it take to receive title? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/2990734-how-long-does-it-take-to-receive-title.html)

chsia 01-27-2012 07:23 PM

How long does it take to receive title?

I am getting a new vette soon. I wonder how long does it take for DMV to send me the title after registering the car? I plan to ship the car to a foreign country and need the title to do so. Thanks!

boblav 01-27-2012 08:19 PM

It all depends how your selling dealer does their DMV work, the bank they work with, how you pay for the car etc...If you need the title quickly, make sure you discuss that with them, and request they "walk" it thru the system. You might even want to offer a few extra bucks for this service.

In the past year, I have purchased six different vehicles, paid cash, and it took from two weeks to 2 months for the "pink slip" to arrive. Five were purchased used thru private parties, and they took about two to three weeks. This is pretty fast because I had the pink slip signed over from the seller. The new vehicle was purchased from a stealer, I meant dealer, and it took about two months.

chsia 01-27-2012 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by boblav (Post 1579853296)
It all depends how your selling dealer does their DMV work, the bank they work with, how you pay for the car etc...If you need the title quickly, make sure you discuss that with them, and request they "walk" it thru the system. You might even want to offer a few extra bucks for this service.

In the past year, I have purchased six different vehicles, paid cash, and it took from two weeks to 2 months for the "pink slip" to arrive. Five were purchased used thru private parties, and they took about two to three weeks. This is pretty fast because I had the pink slip signed over from the seller. The new vehicle was purchased from a stealer, I meant dealer, and it took about two months.

I bought the car out-of-state and have it courtesy delivered to Chevrolet of Irvine which can handle registration in-house. I also found out there is something called DMV Rush Title service, for extra fee, you can get the title from DMV in 8-10 business days. Has anybody used the Rush Title service?

bearphoto 01-27-2012 08:41 PM

just did one through aaa and it took two weeks for the pink

chsia 01-27-2012 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bearphoto (Post 1579853450)
just did one through aaa and it took two weeks for the pink

You used the Rush Title service???

SeeSixer 01-27-2012 10:11 PM

I bought a used '08 from a local dealer that was a trade-in from another state in November. Took almost 8 weeks to get the pink slip, and another 2 weeks after that to get the CA plates in the mail.

chsia 02-07-2012 06:38 AM

Update

I took delivery of the GS CE on Jan. 28 at Irvine Chevy, got the plate 4 days later, and got the title on Feb. 6, 6 business days later! I thought because all the budget cuts it would take forever to get the pink slip. DMV must have put its act together!